NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2018, 08:47 PM

Default Triple Play

It's funny sometimes how our collections evolve.

I always really liked the colored S74 set and I decided to focus strictly on putting together a run of Chief Meyers S74 colored silks. However, as the Chief Meyers colored silks dried up, I decided to put together a run of catcher S74 colored silks.

It then struck me that it might be fun to display the colored S74s with the players T205 cards since they shared the same pose.

One day I decided to put together a run of catcher P2 pins, which led me to determine that this set also shared the same player poses.

I determined that I could assemble a run of 10 players that appeared in each of these three sets, with Roger Bresnahan actually having two different poses. It took several years to complete, but the final product makes an awesome display.

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRIPLE PLAY.JPG (76.8 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 05-14-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:05 PM

Congrats on an awesome run (x3)!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:13 PM

Default Thanks Tom!

Thanks Tom!

I certainly learned which T205s and P2 Pins were tough!

Patrick
Old 05-14-2018, 11:14 PM
Marty H.

Nice!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:34 AM
Richard A.

Nice display, Patrick.

The pins are a bit hard to see in the photo, but the way the silks and the T205s line-up against each other looks really cool.

Regards,

Richard.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Interesting thought, Patrick. Another set with triple play (or more) characteristics immediately comes to mind, Leader Theater. Those poses are used in several series too, if I recall correctly? I think they are used in W553, W554l...and maybe Kashin and/or others? I am probably wrong there so someone help a lazy person out. If no one does I will see what I can find...