NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2015, 08:11 AM

Default Can someone PLEASE help me with my blurry scans?!

I have a "top of the line scanner" yet I continue to get blurred out images. I've tried changing the resolution, tinkering with every setting possible and I still get the following....Can someone recommend how I can obtain some nice, clean and crisp images??? I would be much appreciative!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruui.jpg (73.8 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg e.jpg (74.3 KB, 209 views)

Smooth Transactions ezez420.frankbmd.northviewcats.t206hound.Beatles Guy.team-of-rivals.LukeLyon.ValKehl.Double-P-Enterprises.Hcom24.midmo.pow323.Tolstoi.WillowGrov e.Dougscats.t206Collector.cammb.pclpads.Jobu.eseho mbre.BocaBirdman, 38Goudeyman and many more
Old 07-15-2015, 08:12 AM
pete ullman

are u scanning with the cover up?
Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Dave

Does you scanner use CCD technology? If so, all you should have to do it plug it in, leave the cover up and hit scan. At least that's what I did when I upgraded my scanner.

Later I adjusted settings to auto crop PSA and SGC slabs, and scan at 600dpi, but didn't touch the colors.

Dave

Edited:typo
Successful transactions with: polakoff, Paul S, xplainer, marvymelvin, lordstan, Thromdog, pow323, Golfcollector, OldJudge, frankbmd, kamikidEFFL, jcc6252, sam majors, t206fix, brian29575, bbsports, jfkheat

Last edited by OldEnglishD; 07-15-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Bry@n

My first thought is to reset the scanner to factory settings if possible. Something obscure might have gotten changed and that would make it easier to start over. If that doesn't work, to the best of my knowledge your scans ought to be clear as long as you have the DPI set high enough (I use the top setting on my scanner, 600 dpi, even though I have to compress the file to post things on Net54). My other thought it that the program on your computer might be compressing the images for you automatically for some reason, which would mean the scanner is working correctly but your image software that initially handles the scans is compressing them when you save them.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Peter Spaeth

MY SGC scans are always inferior to my PSA, I think because the holder is thicker. I have never figured out a fix.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:39 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEnglishD View Post
Does you scanner use CCD technology?
This.

It sounds like your scanner uses CIS rather than CCD tech. If that's the case, your scanner may do a bang-up job of scanning anything directly against the glass, but will have problems with anything with "depth" to it, even if that depth is only the offset distance from the glass to the card surface when in a slab. Try scanning a few raw cards and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, you may need to either get a new scanner with CCD technology, or crack all of your cards out of their slabs for scanning.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Luke Lyon

Yeah, it looks like you need a scanner with CCD element unfortunately.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:47 PM

I've made this post many times, I am going to make sure to save it this time

The cheapest CCD element scanner available for purchase is an Epson V30/33. I highly recommend this as a starting scanner if you would like crystal clear scans of any card graded or raw.

You should scan with your lid up, in a dark room. If you cannot have a dark room a black piece of construction paper laid over the card will do. Your scans will come out as pristine as any major seller.

You can locate this scanner online for roughly $60-$70. Here is a link to one on E-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Color-Scanne...item280234288e
Old 07-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Luke Lyon

I agree with Sean. I have the v33. Here's a couple I just scanned. I did them with the top up at 300 dpi in the middle of the day, so they could probably be better if it was darker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rudolph PB PSA 4 a.jpg (77.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Randall PB SGC 55 a.jpg (78.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 07-15-2015, 04:35 PM

Thanks folks!

Smooth Transactions ezez420.frankbmd.northviewcats.t206hound.Beatles Guy.team-of-rivals.LukeLyon.ValKehl.Double-P-Enterprises.Hcom24.midmo.pow323.Tolstoi.WillowGrov e.Dougscats.t206Collector.cammb.pclpads.Jobu.eseho mbre.BocaBirdman, 38Goudeyman and many more