NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Default Hurry --- only three hours left

Posted By:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2754630143&category=642

Old 09-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

I don't know if the above post is intended to be sarcastic or serious.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

...or seriously sarcastic?

Old 09-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

When you have an estate sale you automatically get one of each...from the...er...estate sale guys.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

is that after the guy makes a confession that the 2 cards are reprints and he is selling them as such and as-is, six or seven bidders come along and big over $250 each and they end up selling for close to 500 smackers.
P.T. Barnum was DEFINITELY right....

Old 09-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Honestly, I don't see what the big problem is.

I guess I've always been of the opinion that if I'm buying counterfeit/reprinted cards then I should be using the appropriate currency.

Old 09-26-2003, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

I have always felt that the whole set-up of revised descriptions in ebay's lot listings leave a lot to be desired. They are tacked on to the end, and are not discernably different from the original portion of the text. To me they just don't stick out enough and can easily be overlooked. There is a tiny little "revised" marker at the description header, but it is just that...tiny. Any added information could be put on top of the description, made into a different color, etc., so that it would stand out. Sure, it is the bidder's responsibility to read the description thoroughly, and bring all hobby resources and common sense before bidding on a higher dollar card, but a little more obvious help on ebay's behalf would sure aid the bidder in a case like this.

I also believe that any time that a seller changes a description in his lot listing after bidding has occurred, ebay should automatically send an email to the bidders indicating that a change in the lot description has taken place. I imagine the majority of these bidders have no idea that they have bid on a reprint. I have seen on numerous occassions when a card that has originally been identified as authentic has had its description modified, like this one, to read that the card(s) might possibly be a reprint. However, such a notification by ebay would likely create a flurry of bid retractions, and we all know that ebay frowns on losing revenue.

Just dreaming of a more perfect world where vintage cards could procreate and fill all the holes in my collection...

Brian

Old 09-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

just leave the death notice under your pillow and the next day when you awaken, there are at least two of the following: an OJ HOFer, a CJ HOFer, a blue-eyed T206 Wagner, a 52 Mantle.

Old 09-30-2003, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian K

The person selling this is probably 18... He sold his "Contra" Nintendo game awhile back.