NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-21-2002, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default PM1 Ornate Frame Pins

Posted By: Tom

Anyone have any for sale or trade? Also Diamond Gum pinbacks. Email me at autograp@bellsouth.net if so......

Old 01-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Hans

I have an "unchecklisted" PE2 Diamond Gum Pin of Johnny Evers. Unchecklisted, that is, in the 2001 Standard Catalog. Curiously enough, the article and checklist are accompanied by a photograph of the Evers pin! How's that for research? Typical Krause thoroughness.

Old 01-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Hi Tom-- I was interested by your post on the pins. I've seen nothing about them lately-- none on ebay in months or anywhere else. I only have one, a Frank Baker which was uncataloged in the SCD volume before I called it to Bob Lemke's attention. Who knows how many others there are, if any? I came across it in a used bookshop here in town-- had no idea what it was until after I'd bought it for $25. I'm not really looking to sell unless the price is one I can't refuse, since it's one of the highlights of my collection. But I'd love to hear more about the set-- what you know about them, how many you have, etc.

Best wishes, Tim Newcomb

Old 01-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Old 01-23-2002, 05:26 AM
Administrator

I'll post some pictures if I can get some time. I have 8 of them. I have two different Archers--one with his name at bottom and one without any identification. Two different Johnny Evers--One with just his last name and one with his name and 'Cubs' below it. Also Speaker, Tinker, the McGraw David spoke of and a couple others. I'd be interested in the Baker. Would offer $30 for it--just joking. Will send you an offer offline.

They seem to be pretty difficult to get. Lelands seems to have the most of them with 2-3 in each of their last couple of auctions. Condition on MANY of them is poor. Of the 8 I have only about 3 are really top-notch. Much like the Old Judges, the photo quality varies WIDELY on them. I also have one of George Washington.

I think Bryan Dec (sp?) had one of Cobb offered in an SCD a while back at about $975. I saw a Johnson at Howards Sports Collectibles table two years ago at Nationals and it was $600 (wish I'd bought it). And have seen the Mathewson. I think there are more than are catalogued as I've seen 4-5 new ones in last 3-4 years (just like Baker). A friend has the Chief Bender. Thanks for the post of the Cobb picture David. Wish you still had it. What did you get for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 01-23-2002, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Old 01-23-2002, 09:02 AM
Administrator

The PM1s are about definitely tough. MastroNet had an uncataloged John McGraw and, before that, a Mathewson. Maybe a Walter Johnson too. I remember someone auctioned off an Eddie Collins on eBay not too long ago. I had a Cobb about two years ago. That's about all I can remember being offered online in recent times. I've never seen a Frank Baker before.

Old 01-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Tom, thanks for the scans. You must have about the largest collection-- do you pin them to your baseball cap? The Cobb that I had (pictured) was in nice shape, had a small scrape in the picture enamel (or whatever you call it)and the needle on the back was repaired. I think I sold it for about $850, but it was about 2 years ago so I'm not 100% sure.

Old 01-24-2002, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

here's the uncatalogued Baker thanks to Tim......

Old 01-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Administrator

I need a tetnus shot just looking at all those old rusty pins.