NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-23-2016, 03:42 PM
Ken McMillan

Default Hope and a prayer

Hi,

We all hope and pray all are safe from the snow storms on the east coast. Definitely one of the largest storms in their history and travel can be hazardous and dangerous at best. I of course have all the luck in that SGC finished my 7 card submission including my E121-80 Frank Baker card and shipped it back to me on the day the storm began. Just checked tracking and Fedex has it located in Newark New Jersey right in the heart of the storm. You can bet that this one doesn't arrive by the promised date and I am fine with this as people and safety are paramont. My hope is that the cards do not get misplaced or lost in the storm. Please pray for Frank Baker. :-)
Old 01-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Robert J. Miller

Gee, I could have went to SGC on Friday and picked them up for you to keep them safe. I am just over an hour away just north of Philadelphia. I am actually going to drive up there next week to have a T206 upside down reverse (Tolstoi) authenticated. Hope they arrive safely!
Robert
Old 01-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Snow won't be a problem when move to Boca Raton.

Ive a sub there now. It can't be processed if they can't get to work.

Last edited by xplainer; 01-23-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Ken McMillan

To be honest about it, I would have rather had SGC hold on to the cards until the emergency was over. It's not like the press didn't announce the danger before the storm hit. It would be better for Mr Baker to be sitting in at SGC's warm office than to be shacked up with Fedex in a warehouse facility in god knows where. Hopefully he will be safe.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Ken, relax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55239.jpg (81.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg shipping-superJumbo.jpg (81.0 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-23-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Ken, relax.
OMG Peter!!! Now you really have me nervous. LMAO. At least the cards are insured at the appropriate amount but the Baker is the first E121-80 "Frank Baker" that SGC has ever graded. One of the few cards of this type known to exist. Basically it is not replaceable. Granted it is a piece of cardboard, but cardboard is the reason this board exists.

Last edited by kmac32; 01-23-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

LOLOL it is probably a good thing we don't know what goes on.