NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 05-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Tony

Getzlaf is a beast for Anaheim and a truly one of the best leaders in the NHL.

Looking more and more like Sheary and Crosby will be back tonight for the Pens. I could see Crosby getting another game off given they have the 3-1 lead.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:56 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunzio11 View Post
Getzlaf is a beast for Anaheim and a truly one of the best leaders in the NHL.

Looking more and more like Sheary and Crosby will be back tonight for the Pens. I could see Crosby getting another game off given they have the 3-1 lead.
No disputing that!

I'll be surprised if Sid is back, but my gut tells me the Penns would like to finish them off now.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Josh Adams

I am totally on board with Nashville. They played outstanding defense against the hawks, and shut down St. Louis.

Anaheim has not had stellar success in Game 7s at home.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default Pens vs. Caps

I think Crosby should have sat out this series - why rush back in? His team was furious when he got injured, and this made them play against the Caps with anger (or you can call it having more fuel in their tanks). But with Crosby rushing back in, his team then breathed a sigh of relief and just expected him to continue performing his magic, but here is the thing: although he isn't experiencing any concussion-related symptoms, he still isn't 100% yet.

Also, the team is missing their #1 D-man and #1 goalie. Now although Fleury has been great, the team still needs to understand that he isn't the kind of goalie who can stand on his head for them (like how Murray did last year). If they keep allowing the Caps to pressure him, he is going to break down and let in a few.

Now they will be playing gm 7 tonight - will the Penguins choke?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:23 AM
D.an Jackso.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagewhitesox View Post
I am totally on board with Nashville. They played outstanding defense against the hawks, and shut down St. Louis.

Anaheim has not had stellar success in Game 7s at home.
I was very impressed by their D-man Yosi. That guy can skate like the wind and is very solid all around.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:21 PM
D@le Irv*n

I was pretty disappointed this morning seeing the Oilers got beat out I was really hoping they'd get by the Ducks and move on.

Was glad to see the Pens beat out the Caps, well, most Ovi!

I hope the Preds can get by the Ducks and I hope they can beat the Pens for the Stanley Cup.

Going to be some great hockey coming up!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Mike Lenart

Nice win by Ottawa last night. Like to see them win the cup. I don't "hate" any of the teams left so good luck to all and sit back and watch some good hockey.

Mike
Old 05-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

The Penguins need to mark Bobby Ryan tonight. If he is given even a bit of space to work with, then he can hurt them pretty badly.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:54 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default Preds vs. Ducks

Can someone please tell me why the Maple Leafs traded away goaltender Jonathan Bernier again? Oh wait, now I remember, because he SUCKS! He let in 4 goals after taking only 16 shots last night and got the Ducks eliminated.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:30 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Can someone please tell me why the Maple Leafs traded away goaltender Jonathan Bernier again? Oh wait, now I remember, because he SUCKS! He let in 4 goals after taking only 16 shots last night and got the Ducks eliminated.
Nobody missed him in Leaf land, that is for sure.

Glad to see the Preds going to the Stanley Cup. Should be some great hockey with James Neal playing his old team....and yeah, I think Pens, unfortunately, are going to get by Ottawa.

Sucks Fiala and Johansen are out, but they, surprisingly, have some depth.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I think Pens, unfortunately, are going to get by Ottawa.
GM 7 all depends on Craig Anderson.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Scott Ti3k

Congrats to the Preds... I'll be rooting for the Penguins if they can knock of the Senators, if Ottawa wins then I'll pull for the Predators.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:54 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
GM 7 all depends on Craig Anderson.
You're a 100% right, and being as it is game 7, anything can happen now.
What I wrote yesterday was before the game, and I honestly didn't see Ottawa coming out on top like they did.
I really thoughts the Pens were going to put it to them something like they did the previous game, but Ottawa played hard and deserved the win.
I really want Ottawa to win, and now, like I mentioned, with it being game 7, they have as good as chance as the Pens do.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

THANK GOD the Pens won because Sens vs. Preds would have been just AWFUL! Sens would just expect Craig Anderson to keep them in the game night after night; in other words, it would be the same sh*t all over again. Now the best team in the East will be taking on the best team in the West and it will be a very exciting series to watch!
Old 05-26-2017, 01:01 PM
qu@n nguy3n

never had a doubt pens would pull it out, even going into OT where anything could happen. the hockey god would not have let that happen and the pens were way more talented.

i thought wash was better than the pens the last 2 years but with their luck you know how that goes. i don't really like the pens, a wash/edm matchup with ovechkin/mcdavid would've been nice but i knew it was most likely gonna be preds/penguins. some really good game 7s this year that a bounce here or there could've rewritten nhl's history.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:08 PM
D@le Irv*n

Anything could have happened last night, especially with O.T. thrown in the mix.

Obviously, I am disappointed Ottawa didn't move on even though I never expected them to, but I am looking forward to seen the Preds and Pens series with, hopefully, the Preds winning their first ever Stanley Cup.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Mike Lenart

Big game tonight.

I'm not a fan of either team so hoping for a good game.

Mike
Old 06-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Paul

Like to see the Nashville win the Stanley Cup, Pittsburgh won last year, + Those hockey fans in Nashville have done a great job supporting their team..Great atmosphere in that building, makes winning in their rink very difficult on the road team.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Kyle May

Huge bandwagon Nashville fan right now.

#1 I'm a Cleveland fan. All things Pissburgh can kiss my rear end.

#2 My cousin went to Belmont and now works & lives in Nashville. Plus I love country music.

#3 Nashville's fans have been fantastic. Their chants after they score are the best. They chant the opposing goalie's name (Murray, in this case), and follow that up with repeated chants of "You Suck" and then "It's all your fault." I laugh every time.

Pretty excited to watch tonight's game. Go Preds! Beat the "Piss" out of the "Burgh"!

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 06-08-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:40 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpaul2002 View Post
Like to see the Nashville win the Stanley Cup, Pittsburgh won last year, + Those hockey fans in Nashville have done a great job supporting their team..Great atmosphere in that building, makes winning in their rink very difficult on the road team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Huge bandwagon Nashville fan right now.

#1 I'm a Cleveland fan. All things Pissburgh can kiss my rear end.

#2 My cousin went to Belmont and now works & lives in Nashville. Plus I love country music.

#3 Nashville's fans have been fantastic. Their chants after they score are the best. They chant the opposing goalie's name (Murray, in this case), and follow that up with repeated chants of "You Suck" and then "It's all your fault." I laugh every time.

Pretty excited to watch tonight's game. Go Preds! Beat the "Piss" out of the "Burgh"!
I agree with all those things said, and wish I was a little happier today!

I never dreamed the outcome of last nights game at all and I truly thought the Pred's were going to get it done.

Got to hand it to the Pens, they obviously deserved the win and showed the rest of the hockey world last night why they are the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

The Pred's need to really learn from this one and Rinne has to get it out of his head that he can't win in Pitts.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I agree with all those things said, and wish I was a little happier today!

I never dreamed the outcome of last nights game at all and I truly thought the Pred's were going to get it done.

Got to hand it to the Pens, they obviously deserved the win and showed the rest of the hockey world last night why they are the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

The Pred's need to really learn from this one and Rinne has to get it out of his head that he can't win in Pitts.
I was VERY disappointed in last night's game. I thought we were finally going to get a close, highly contested game. Nope. Preds came out flat and looked nervous. I hope they're able to duplicate their previous two performances at home. I want a Game 7 - and more "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" chants.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 06-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Rinne sucks in Pittsburgh.

Murray sucks in Nashville.

So Penguins in 7?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:23 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I was VERY disappointed in last night's game. I thought we were finally going to get a close, highly contested game. Nope. Preds came out flat and looked nervous. I hope they're able to duplicate their previous two performances at home. I want a Game 7 - and more "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" chants.
As was I. I was really hoping, as were many others, obviously, that the Preds would win and bring it back home. What I didn't expect, at all, was what I witnessed last night. That was a shocker, but goes to show the depth and the ability of the Penguins.

Quote:
Rinne sucks in Pittsburgh.

Murray sucks in Nashville.

So Penguins in 7?
That's how it looks like it is going to play out, although anything can happen in games 7's, I now have to lean toward the Penns repeating, sadly.