NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default Grandfather's Attic?

Posted By: John S

I know...many red flags. Grandfather's attic and new to ebay. Has anyone contacted the seller for more info? Some decent M116's if the auctions are legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8828904879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Old 06-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Croftscocoa is in there on the Wagner, ask tbob why he dropped out.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The thing I find the strangest is that half the cards are scanned and the other half are photos, while bemoaning the fact that he is having trouble taking good pics. I'm interested in a few of the cards but there are enough red flags to keep me away. If they are legit, someone will most likely get a good deal.

The other worrisome aspet is that this is baically this guy's first experience on eBay and selling some decent cards and seems to be well aware of their value and desirability.

Jay

Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

One of the bidders on the Wagner is the zero feedback groff1505, whose only other apparent purchase is a watch from the same dealer as the M116's. And now he's bidding hundreds on the Wagner? Does anyone else find this funny?

Old 06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

women live seven years longer than men. Shouldn't the surviving female commonly have the stuff in the attic? Why is grandma's attic never listed in the subject line of the offerings?

Old 06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jP

Brian that is hillarious! I too noticed the zero feedback bidder.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

Too many red flags for me to spend $500+ (even with a 3 day return policy), and take my chances.
It's also interesting to note that the seller and "groff1505" (zero feedback bidder) are both from Wisconsin - with a few of us being from Minnesota you know what that means...I will ask about seeing them in person and see what he says.

Sean BH

Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

What's the point of having a 3 day return period, other than being able to say you have a return period? Unless the buyer is going to overnight it or lives in the Post Office, chances he won't be able to return it in time. Whenever a seller has a 3 day return period, I assume he is well aware of this.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

Fraud !!! because why would he sell the Wagner 1st out of the 200 card found plus a low feedback rating?HMMMMMMMMM...

If I was selling them on eBay the hofers would go last, so I could gain confident buyers!

Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I emailed the seller and asked if he guaranteed that these were the original cards issued in 1911, and if he would guaranty that the cards would not be rejected as counterfeit from any of the major grading companies (SGC, PSA, GAI and BGS). I also asked him if he realized his 3-day return policy was completley impractical. This was his response ...

"YES, i guaranty!!!!!!!!!!!! The three day return policy starts the day you recieve the card. I undersatnd that you are weary about betting on cards that are not graded. i found these in my granfathers attic. several baseball card experts have looked at my cards and were very amazed. they said they were authentic. if you are iffy about these cards then dont bid on them. "

Not exactly the confidence boost I was looking for.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I took a shot and so did our beloved moderator, both of us came up short to amandaluv (?) Since this set has never been legally reprinted and the cards certainly don't look like reproductions or reprints, I felt it was worth a gamble. I've been engaged in email conversation and answering questions for the seller, giving him advice, some of which he has taken, some of which he hasn't but he seems ok. I was able to pick up one of the remaining cards I needed off-line for slightly more than the SCD price for EX (the card looks vg-ex to ex) and also advised him early on that although I would be willing to pay a very nice price for the Wood card, that I recommended that he put it on ebay as he could get more. I know, don't say it (what a putz!).

Old 06-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

amandaluv looks to be bidding on a lot of t206s, possibly building a set. Im guessing she/he wanted the m116 as a substitute for the t206 wagner.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

I'll say it, what a putz!

Old 06-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Thanks Brad :-p

Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Administrator