NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default sometimes the lines between sports and non-sports...

Posted By: 1880nonsports

is thinly drawn. Not that it's my place but I'd like to welcome this side to experience a little of the work done by dem "other" guys on the NS side. It looks to be an ongoing labor of love to compile as many artifacts and card sets as the members can put together. There are even some (gasp) baseball card images so's ya won't think it to be a total loss. The tireless efforts of our own Dan the Man and others are paying dividends IMO as we are assuredly making progress. If you can help with images for some of the missing cards/packs/albums/whatever - please consider scanning them and sending them to Dan. If not; come by and sit a spell whilst perusing pix of rare and less common "stuff" you might otherwise never see..... Not many personal issues on the other side - we're a bit laid-back......

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/z-ns-start/showtime.html

Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Nice site but for the glaring omission.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Administrator

well worded to pique my interest... I hope you're not going to do a Perils of Pauline on me.....

Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Administrator

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/jacklitsch1/N2%20A2%20N570/

Old 12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't say glaring omission if you meant the N2's as we posted the N36 set and many of us have the small set - we just haven't gotten to it yet. Perhaps you would be willing to share with us minus the flips if the set is complete? It would save scanning time for me (or someone else) anyway BTW - I really appreciate that you can enjoy moderate condition examples - especially as I remember a pic. of your "ride". All too often it's about the condition and not the more basal sense of the card. I'm happy to have a pleasant looking card. If it's the Monarch indians I haven't gotten to scanning my Kickapoo set yet. It's in a display that's rather hard to access. They're real, raw, and they're spectacular. Great likenesses and powerful colors - and despite their inexpensive manufacture - they are quite sophisticated. At first I thought you meant the omission was *tongue-in-cheek* "pre-war baseball cards" but that just didn't make sense as I'm no troll . I do agree there are many glaring omissions however as we just done got started. Dat's why I'm beating da bushes.....

Old 12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Thank you for you nice comments. Unfortunately the only scans I have are in the holders. I'm 52/54 missing two of the errors.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

I'm sure Dan would crop the flips out for your protection. That side is split about graded cards so I meant no slight in that regard. It would be great is you could send the images or perhaps allow Dan to capture them? If not I understand as we'll get to it at some point. I gotta let Dan come up for a breath every once in a while lest he grow weary - but if he stops getting fed I'm afraid he'll start playing around with that newer er/ah/um stuff......

Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Let Don know they are free for the taking.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Administrator

I'll tell Dan too

Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

and thanks very much - but when Dan captured the pix from your site they appeared too blurry to use. I'm confident we'll get them up there. Sold a couple of sets along the way but now trying again and 12 or so short from a raw ex/mint (+-) set. I know a couple of others have the complete set on the NS side but for whatever reason they haven't shared yet. Currently chasing the real photo sepia indians (HLC) and getting 1/2 every couple years seems to be the trend.