NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: JimB

I would like to suggest that people post scans of the cards they are selling on the BST whenever possible. It would seem to help everything go more smoothly. There would be no questions about who requested what first if nobody had to wait for scans. People want to see scans of the cards they are buying anyway, so why not post them up front? Just a suggestion.
JimB

Old 01-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: Dave

i agree Jim....although there are times when I included aren't able to post pics right away....ex. found a card I need and need money quick and i'm at work without pics available til i get home, etc.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: Bill K

I agree that it makes life easier. Either post pic's in the thread or at least include a link to a page where they can be viewed. There are a lot of free services where you can upload your card images and allow the general public to view them.

Otherwise don't be surprised if another situation comes up that was blown out of proportion earlier this week.

Bill

My personal collection - http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/fkm_bky/

Old 01-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: leon

Jim- great suggestion. This situation happened to me yesterday. I went on the BST ....saw a card I wanted with no responses and posted "I will take it", and sent an email at the same time saying the same thing. I get an email that evening that said someone else asked for a scan 2 hours before me, in a private email, so it was being sold to that person...AND they hadn't said they would take it at the time. No biggie as the seller is a friend and I just let it go. But it was not cool....I should have gotten the card. I wouldn't even have mentioned it but this thread kind of brought it to light again. EVERYONE should make their sales and trades easier by posting front and back scans and stating something about what it takes to commit to the card..Communication, my friends, is one of the keys to success....regards

Old 01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: peter ullman

yes yes yes!

pete in mn

Old 01-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: Cat

Leon:

Have you ever thought about designating a Mod that does nothing but "policing" the B/S/T? There are some things that cannot be policed, but at least if a post does not specify a few basics, it gets dumped and perhaps the poster with repeated disrepect for the rules is prohibited from posting in the B/S/T for a week or two. At a miimum every offer to sell should state:

1. method of payment accepted
2. an e-mail address
3. what has priority (posts within the thread or e-mails)
4. do first reponses, no matter if it is an response of acceptance or not, have priority or does the first "I'll take it!" have priority.

The list could go on.

Personally, I would never post an offer to sell a card without scans of the front and back, but my scanner sits right beside me. Some may have to go to Kinkos or get them done at work so I understand this probably shouldn't be a hard and fast rule.

Leon, you do a good job policing the B/S/T (that's not my point) but if we get a little stricter I just imagine it's not a job you would want. It may be a bit time consuming and besides let someone else deal with the bulls--t grief. After folks got the hang of it, it probably wouldn't be that much time since people would start falling in line with what is expected.

Just my thoughts.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: warshawlaw

I agree that an image is best posted or linked to.

I always try to post the method of communication that I will accept (usually email first in time to accept it). I prefer the email time thing because it isn't dependent on my looking at this board.

One issue that's come up is when two or more people want the same item and no one has committed to it. In that case I just email everyone and tell them that there are multiple interested parties and the first one to email a commitment gets it.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: leon

Very good thoughts. It's always been my contention that we are a family and almost everyone over there does a pretty good job of policing themselves. I am sure there's been well over a million dollars trade hands on there since I took over and I know of less than $50 of fraud. I get a few emails about stuff, and a few phone calls, but really nothing that bad. There is no way I could put more time into the board and have a job to support my family. I hope you understand...best regards

Old 01-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: quan

Per Cat's suggestion, I nominate Toby the BST mod. He scoops up all the good deals within minutes so he's probably scanning BST all day, perfect for the job

Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Default BST Suggestion

Posted By: Noel

Great points Cat, i think as long as we are all playing by the rules things will go much smoother. Additionally, if a potential buyer asks for more information (ie, a trade, cash/trade, etc.) and the seller is willing to oblige, a quick response (hopefully by the end of the day) would be very helpful. Often times i have been stuck with a card for several days waiting on a "potential" deal.