NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2023, 09:20 AM
octavio ranzola

Default My slabs or ebay for buying

Which is better thx guys
Old 11-12-2023, 09:29 AM
St@n Go.len

I dunno about better, but I like how you can "browse" slabs on myslabs vs ebay. Mostly for impulse buys.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2023, 09:33 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake View Post
I dunno about better, but I like how you can "browse" slabs on myslabs vs ebay. Mostly for impulse buys.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Hi stan prices seem higher
Old 11-12-2023, 10:24 AM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

I haven’t bought anything off Myslabs in a while. Not many deals to be had unless you check constantly and scoop it up when it gets listed. Lots of overpriced stuff. I know EBay has its faults but I’ve had way better luck finding deals last couple of years. Just my opinion. I buy mostly 70s baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2023, 10:59 AM
Mike Henry

I prefer MySlabs, but the traffic just isn't there. My sense is that there aren't many collectors using MySlabs, so the buyers are mostly going to be other re-sellers looking for underpriced cards.

Recent example: I had a popular pre-war card listed at cost for $3200 on MySlabs, set to allow offers. Zero offers, zero watchers. I listed it on eBay at around $4300, and I had a $3900 offer within less than a day.

On eBay, the card cost the buyer almost $4200 after tax. He could've saved at least $800 without even haggling if he had checked MySlabs. It's just not on people's radars.
Old 11-12-2023, 11:01 AM
octavio ranzola

Horrible traffic overpriced cards crazy lol
Old 11-12-2023, 11:15 AM
Fred

I never heard of myslabs until I read this thread.

My comments are the same as others (prices seem a bit high). The search feature could be improved. It would be nice to be able to search by year or be allowed to select a range of years to search.
Old 11-12-2023, 12:00 PM

No back scans???? I won't buy anything from them without one. Too many times when I've bought one without, the card has been totally off center or other stuff wrong.

Brian
Old 11-12-2023, 12:06 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I've checked out myslabs once, I think. Spent about 90 seconds there and haven't returned.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 11-12-2023, 12:12 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I've checked out myslabs once, I think. Spent about 90 seconds there and haven't returned.
Bobby lol agreed
Old 11-12-2023, 12:25 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

I've sold many items on my slabs without a hitch. If you price things reasonably there they seem to move. Here's a link to my inventory held there, if youlike something hit me up here and we can make a bit of a discounted deal. https://myslabs.com/slab/my/my-slabs/for-sale/
Old 11-12-2023, 12:51 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Not heard of it until today but i am applying to sell there. if the site is populated with overpriced BINs, then reasonably priced BINs should move.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-12-2023, 12:55 PM
Mike Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
I've sold many items on my slabs without a hitch. If you price things reasonably there they seem to move. Here's a link to my inventory held there, if youlike something hit me up here and we can make a bit of a discounted deal. https://myslabs.com/slab/my/my-slabs/for-sale/
Your link took me to my inventory on MySlabs. My initial reaction was: "What is he talking about? This stuff is low-grade and overpriced! I wouldn't pay half that for these cards."

Then I realized they were my listings, and I was the sucker.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:29 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

So this is weird:

I signed up for myslabs as a seller. Within an hour I received a PM through eBay from a 4 feedback account called "mypwccvaultaccount" as follows:

"Hello. We're reaching out to follow up on an application submitted to MySlabs. Did you apply for seller status? Thanks you!"

My reply:

"Why?"

The response:

"Why are we verifying the application submitted?"

My reply:

"Why are you contacting me on eBay using a user name from a different business?"

Their reply:

"Ah, apologies. This is one of our personal accounts. Your screenshot came through a bit distorted so we're making sure whomever sent the screenshot with the application actually owns the eBay account."

Seems a bit odd to me.

Or not...
Old 11-12-2023, 02:47 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunboat82 View Post
Your link took me to my inventory on MySlabs. My initial reaction was: "What is he talking about? This stuff is low-grade and overpriced! I wouldn't pay half that for these cards."

Then I realized they were my listings, and I was the sucker.
Oops. I tested the link and it worked for me so I assumed it would work for you.
Old 11-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

MySlabs is a very easy place to buy and sell. Like anyplace else, most stuff is overpriced, but I've found good buys.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:29 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
So this is weird:

I signed up for myslabs as a seller. Within an hour I received a PM through eBay from a 4 feedback account called "mypwccvaultaccount" as follows:

"Hello. We're reaching out to follow up on an application submitted to MySlabs. Did you apply for seller status? Thanks you!"

My reply:

"Why?"

The response:

"Why are we verifying the application submitted?"

My reply:

"Why are you contacting me on eBay using a user name from a different business?"

Their reply:

"Ah, apologies. This is one of our personal accounts. Your screenshot came through a bit distorted so we're making sure whomever sent the screenshot with the application actually owns the eBay account."

Seems a bit odd to me.
They rely on your eBay feedback to verify you. They use an account named "mypwccvaultaccount" to contact you because they want to usurp eBay's user agreement contract and get away with it.

They also lie about their fee structure. They advertise it as a 1% fee. But it's really 1% for the buyer, 1% for the seller, and 3% processing fee. So it's 5%.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:13 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post

They also lie about their fee structure. They advertise it as a 1% fee. But it's really 1% for the buyer, 1% for the seller, and 3% processing fee. So it's 5%.
I saw all of that when I read the terms and conditions. Actually, it is 2% to the seller and 3.49% + $0.49 characterized as a payment processing fee on a slabbed card. So 6.49% plus a bit more. Still, that's about the lowest aggregate fee I've seen for a seller to absorb. Of course, that is a % on the shipping, which is what eBay does too, but not whatnot. Since I am in the eBay penalty box right now and paying them in excess of 20% for any sale, I am going to reroute much of my listing activity to myslabs and whatnot and see how it goes.

Puny eBay

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-12-2023 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:53 PM
Phil Garry

BUT, eBay has an Authenticity Guatanty program where PSA confirms that PSA did a credible job in slabbing the card being presented back to them again. 😉
Old 11-13-2023, 06:38 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
They rely on your eBay feedback to verify you. They use an account named "mypwccvaultaccount" to contact you because they want to usurp eBay's user agreement contract and get away with it.

I believe they actually raised it, and it is up to a 6% fee when you sell. Yeah, its misleading for sure.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:47 AM
Mike Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
I believe they actually raised it, and it is up to a 6% fee when you sell. Yeah, its misleading for sure.
They could definitely be more transparent about their fee structure, like including a link to a handy chart or something.

I sold a card last month for $3250 and netted $3071 after PayPal fees. So quick math tells me that it was a 5.5% fee (2% seller, 3.5% PayPal).
Old 11-13-2023, 09:56 AM
Fred

Not that it matters -

Does this portal report any information to the IRS? For example, if I sold cards on the portal and the total sales for the year was $45K, would the Myslabs portal report that information to the IRS? Also, an assumption is that all fees charged by the portal would be something that could be reported as an expense to the IRS. Is that correct?

Do sales from this portal require that taxes be added to the final sale price of the card?
Old 11-13-2023, 10:02 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Not that it matters -

Does this portal report any information to the IRS? For example, if I sold cards on the portal and the total sales for the year was $45K, would the Myslabs portal report that information to the IRS? Also, an assumption is that all fees charged by the portal would be something that could be reported as an expense to the IRS. Is that correct?

Do sales from this portal require that taxes be added to the final sale price of the card?
I do not believe they report to the IRS and there is no sales tax.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:12 AM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Not that it matters -

You get paid through PayPal or Stripe, so those companies will issue a 1099, as required.

I think MySlabs is getting ready to go through a tough time as they are revamping their platform, requiring you to keep shipping and "shipping from" addresses on file. To me, that means they will soon be collecting sales tax on the transactions. They have said in the past they would have to eventually and this makes me think it is imminent.

Last edited by CardPadre; 11-13-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:24 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

People are way too paranoid about the dreaded 1099s. They're irrelevant unless you are a tax cheat. Just pay the taxes you owe and don't worry about it.

I hope Myslabs starts collecting and remitting sales tax. It is way easier to report sales from a third-party facilitator site that collects and pays the taxes (like eBay) than it is to track, collect and remit on your own. Just calculating local sales tax add-ons and special rates on a sales tax return is its own form of hell.

Or not...
Old 11-13-2023, 03:11 PM
bR!@N R0+H

I do extremely well selling cards on myslabs. Easy platform, no BS like you get on eBay

Greenberg collection
Old 11-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
People are way too paranoid about the dreaded 1099s. They're irrelevant unless you are a tax cheat. Just pay the taxes you owe and don't worry about it.

I hope Myslabs starts collecting and remitting sales tax. It is way easier to report sales from a third-party facilitator site that collects and pays the taxes (like eBay) than it is to track, collect and remit on your own. Just calculating local sales tax add-ons and special rates on a sales tax return is its own form of hell.
If Myslabs doesn't collect tax, then how are the taxes collected? Is the seller (on Myslabs) responsible for charging/collecting taxes and then distributing the taxes to the applicable revenue collector?

Does Myslabs provide any type of tax information for sales on the site?

It seems the benefit of using Myslabs is lower selling fees.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:06 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
If Myslabs doesn't collect tax, then how are the taxes collected? Is the seller (on Myslabs) responsible for charging/collecting taxes and then distributing the taxes to the applicable revenue collector?

Does Myslabs provide any type of tax information for sales on the site?

It seems the benefit of using Myslabs is lower selling fees.
Sales taxes aren't declared/collected through MySlabs.

Yes, the benefit of Myslabs (for now) is that you are paying ~5.5% in fees, rather than whatever ebay is charging now. Of course, you don't get reimbursed for shipping, but that is a small cost.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:46 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunboat82 View Post
They could definitely be more transparent about their fee structure, like including a link to a handy chart or something.

I sold a card last month for $3250 and netted $3071 after PayPal fees. So quick math tells me that it was a 5.5% fee (2% seller, 3.5% PayPal).
I actually posted a chart that I created last year in Instagram which compared the actual selling fees from ebay, Probstein, PWCC, MySlabs, Heritage and Greg Morris across all price points for cards from $1 to $25k. Then MySlabs commented on my post, telling me I was wrong and that their fee is only 1%. I went off on them and got into an argument. Then he sent me a PM trying to get me to change it and I told him to F off.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:24 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Making friends all the time, Travis.

Or not...