NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-20-2020, 10:58 AM
Tony. Biviano

Default Question Regarding TPGers Lateness.

Just curious if anyone demanded their cards and money back due to the obscene tardiness of these grading companies. I am ever so close to doing that.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:08 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I would definitely do that (if I were to use them). But I don't, so one less headache!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:18 AM
Anthony

Default Going on 6 weeks for a 10-day BGS submission for me

I called yesterday and was told they are understaffed due to COVID-19 and had no idea how long it was going to take. During these times I try to give everyone as much slack as possible, but when you're paying for a service to be done in a certain amount of time and it's not even close, you would think they would give you some type of concession to keep your business.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:28 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I called yesterday and was told they are understaffed due to COVID-19 and had no idea how long it was going to take. During these times I try to give everyone as much slack as possible, but when you're paying for a service to be done in a certain amount of time and it's not even close, you would think they would give you some type of concession to keep your business.
At least you got to speak to someone; SGC has gone silent.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 06-29-2020, 01:38 PM
Tony. Biviano

Couldn't stand it anymore so I emailed SGC and requested my cards and money back. I got a refund , today, on all of my orders. At least that was expedited quickly. Going to sit back and wait.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:21 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I would definitely do that (if I were to use them). But I don't, so one less headache!

Nice of you to let us know. Glad you chimed in again.

I've thought about it, but by the time I get that upset, it's mostly likely halfway there.

Also, psa doesn't charge until the cards have been completed

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-29-2020, 02:57 PM
Tony. Biviano

Had to draw the line somewhere one order was there since April the speed at which they refunded tells me they weren't about to be graded anytime soon. Going to wait until fall and try again.. I don't use PSA due to their inconsistency in grading.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Had to draw the line somewhere one order was there since April the speed at which they refunded tells me they weren't about to be graded anytime soon. Going to wait until fall and try again.. I don't use PSA due to their inconsistency in grading.
Wouldn't they have gotten graded sooner if you would have just waited?
Old 06-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
April????? And you are demanding a refund?? Our October sub popped in May.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Tony. Biviano

If you are content waiting 6 months for a 30 day turn around go right ahead. Don't like being taken advantage of and treated like a second class submitter because I don,t pay for a 10 day turnaround
Old 06-29-2020, 03:52 PM
Ben North

Quote:
If you are content waiting 6 months for a 30 day turn around go right ahead. Don't like being taken advantage of and treated like a second class submitter because I don,t pay for a 10 day turnaround
I get what you are saying and would 100% agree with you if not for the whole Covid thing going on, have you heard about it?

Most things in life have been delayed or canceled. I really doubt you were being taken advantage of.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Cliff

Default message from PSA

A Message from the PSA President

Hello again PSA Collectors,

I hope this message finds you well. Today’s message is part of PSA’s ongoing efforts to communicate business updates to our incredible collector base.
While it’s no secret that the hobby is booming, the number of submissions to PSA over the past two months cannot be overstated. As shown in the accompanying graphic, if we thought we were busy pre-COVID-19, we are now in a whole new stratosphere. The impact of COVID-19 on the hobby is clear; the pandemic has resulted in more time for collectors to submit collectibles to PSA for authentication and grading.

To manage this ongoing growth, PSA continues to aggressively hire new employees. Already in June, we’ve added 25 more full-time employees to our core Operations staff in addition to a dozen-plus temporary hires (each of whom could eventually be converted to full time). And we are just getting started. If you are interested in joining a healthy, growing company, visit www.PSAcard.com/Careers.

We are working around the clock, with newly implemented weekday swing shifts and additional weekend hours. We are also expanding the physical footprint of our operation to include space previously designated for administrative jobs, increasing the overall footprint of our operation by 50%. All the while we are adhering to CDC guidelines regarding wearing masks and social distancing. We also have hired a registered nurse who conducts temperature checks on employees prior to entering the building.

The majority of the PSA backlog is Ultra-Modern cards (2017 to present) submitted through our Value service. We are receiving so many of these cards on a daily basis that it is affecting our ability to expeditiously receive packages from other submission types. As a result, we have temporarily increased the pricing on Ultra-Modern cards within the Value category to better reflect the current market demand for this service. We will continue to monitor the Ultra-Modern category and provide updates to you as we expand our capacity.

I am happy to share that our capacity expansion efforts are working. I realize that it is difficult to appreciate the progress when certain service levels remain impacted. But as we emerge from our COVID-19 interruption, we are making real headway in our efforts. For example, compared to last quarter, PSA increased its daily Receiving capacity by 95% and its Research capacity by 78%. Each day capacity expands, and these numbers will be outdated by next week. These huge gains are due to our hiring efforts and our focus on Lean manufacturing principles.

We will continue to share updates with you on our progress. We plan on unveiling an exciting development regarding the future of the PSA operation in July. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please stay tuned for more.
Enjoy collecting,

Steve Sloan
President
T206 Back Set - 37/38
T227 Series of Champions Master Set 45/48
1948 Bowman - Baseball & Football (upgrading)
Old 06-29-2020, 06:11 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
A bulk sub is not a 30 day turnaround. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the turnaround times. And bear in mind...it is BUSINESS DAYS....Weekends don't count. So a month is typically TWENTY business days.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Tony. Biviano

. Nobody mentioned bulk subs. I suggest you reread my comment I am talking about 20 day turnaround which translates to 30 total days. This is MY ordeal, not yours. Instead of complaining about tigers I did something about it.

Last edited by cammb; 06-29-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:54 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
. Nobody mentioned bulk subs. I suggest you reread my comment I am talking about 20 day turnaround which translates to 30 total days. This is MY ordeal, not yours. Instead of complaining about tigers I did something about it.
I'm saying have a little patience. In the process of being backlogged , most businesses are dealing with limited staff due to Covid. I think you are premature asking for your money back.....but hey....what do I know.