NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Default The Leon Luckey Collection

Posted By: jackgoodman

In case you didn't receive the email from GAI, they now offer a pedigree service allowing you to add "comments" to the back of the flip. http://www.gacard.net/news/pr020506.asp

Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby

It's a great idea to do this service for all the dealers and egocentric collectors. Don't know if it will net them that much more biz, till they fix there current image.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Unfortunately I bought a bunch of unopened packs that have Mr. Mint's 3 line ad on the back of the flip. Fortunately I have no need to turn the holder over and see it.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

Won't it be great. Now we can pay a premium for a graded card that comes with an ad on the back. Won't be long before Sears, GM, Microsoft and others want to be seen by a large community of collectors with disposable income. Come to think of it, maybe I can get all my cards slabbed and sell the space on the flips to offset the cost of grading. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

No thanks.....clean flips with pertinent info only....maybe a "Nagy Collection" or other famous thing like that...but not anything else....especially "The Luckey Collection"....just won't happen ...

Old 10-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Well, no, Leon. There would never be a "Luckey Collection". See, you are one of those people that are well-known enough to go by one name only - like Cher, Shaq, Kobe, etc. It would be the "Leon Collection".

Joann

Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

That's just sooooooo wrong .... I could make so many jokes right here but unfortunately at the expense of others....

Old 10-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Come on Leon, go ahead. I'm used to it

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Joann,

I think you're wrong here. I don't think they'd have to label it as the "Leon Collection", they'd just put "Leon" on the front of the flip. No grade, no other comment, just "Leon".

Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Administrator

ever there were a time for censoring.....

Old 10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcDaniels

this will do much for the company. I predict they will expire within the next 30 months or so.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I still won't be able to read it because of their font and color choices

Seriously, has it really come to this? Is GAI so desperate that it will pimp out its flips for whatever stupidity someone wants to immortalize on there? I am appalled.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...doing this since February 2006? The press release at the top of this thread suggests as much. If so, isn't this scoop a bit old?

Old 10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Hey T206collector, you're right, I didn't notice the date on the press release. But it was emailed to me by GAI the day of my post as if it was something new.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Erick Lewin

I'm not a GAI fanatic. I think there good and hold them in a similar regard to PSA (i think SGC is best from what i've seen). However, i don't have a problem with it. I can see how it can easily be abused, such as the Mr. Mint example. But i think it would be cool for collectors to put some type of short label or message on it, such as "my first t-206" or "My father's, (john Doe) collection.

It would be cool to look at for cards that are in COLLECTORS hands to put a few words of significance on them. Especially for cards which someone has no intention of ever selling.

Personally, if i ever got more of my cut D381's slabbed i might put "Roy Reeve collection" on it. I have no intention of selling them ever, but it would be cool to remember where i got them from as this is who i inherited them from.

Thats just my opinion