NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Default Scrapbook Haul...Advise? 1937 Detroit Tigers PIC HEAVY

One of the things about this hobby is you'll never know what you may find. Found this great double sided scrapbook page from a Detroit Tigers game on April 16, 1937 against the Reds in WV. Lots of great snapshot photos!

Learning curve. This is my first time dealing with a scrapbook where the pictures are glued and some of photos are trimmed. Using this as a learning experience, which is why I'm posting it.

1.How to remove photos from a scrapbook that have been glue
2.Value of photos that are trimmed.
3 Leave the page as is?
4 Don't take off from the scrapbook but cut around the image and caption

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 04-01-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 03-31-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:06 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Found out it was against the Reds.

Still looking for advise please on how to remove the photos from scrapbook.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Alex

I think the scrapbook looks great. I would leave it alone. However if you want to remove the photos I think the dick Towle card guy (I know he is controversial) could probably help. I have never worked with him.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

My 2 cents:

I think 3 or 4 are good options. To me, there aren't any "standalone" photos among that group, and they would probably be best kept together whether removed from the scrapbook or not. If you want to cut down the page for storage, I think trimming each to a roughly equal size and preserving the handwritten captions underneath is a good idea.

If you do decide to remove them from the scrapbook paper, my experience has been that the scrapbook paper almost always gives way before the glue does. So depending on how well they are glued in Best case scenario would be just a dot or two of glue on the backs of the photos so that, after removal, you're left with a little circle or two of "paper added" on the back. Worst case would be full coverage of the back with glue, in which case I would recommend just leaving the paper.

At least it's not that nasty black construction paper variety of scrapbook paper. Many old glues are water soluble, so you might try working with a Q-tip to see if you can easily free one that way and/or remove the "paper added" from one that has been physically freed from the page. With the black paper variety, the black tends to bleed, so I usually don't mess with it any more than I have to.

A professional certainly would be able to help with removal of these from the page, but I think the cost would likely outweigh the benefit in this case.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:20 PM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

Very cool scrapbook... i would leave it alone. It's an awesome time capsule. If you need the money, sell it "As is."

Albert
Old 04-02-2014, 04:00 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

I want to thank everyone for feedback so far. I will be doing #4 and cutting the pictures off the best I can and try to save the captions. It's a double sided page, it's like playing Tetris.

I thought about selling "as is" but, that would mean I can't keep any of the photos, I needed for my HOF snapshot collection.

It was a very tough choice to make, because it's pretty cool as a whole.

One problem I encounter was storage ( 14 inches by 14 inches ! ) and it's FRAGILE scrapbook paper. When I received the item, The weight of all the photos and glue, I grab it barely and the page start ripping, like nothing.

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 04-02-2014 at 04:01 PM.