NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Default What's with Non-Paying Bidders?

Posted By: Cobby33

Especially the ones who go on high-dollar "winning sprees" and are later unable/unwilling to pay for any of them. Thanks to eBay, they're given TWO WEEKS to make good- thus jeopardizing the seller's chances to re-sell in a timely manner.

Anyone else have this problem? How about the "real" auctioneers on here?

Old 03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

Non-shipping sellers, refusing to respond to emails, and even my paypal dispute. All this over a $19 supplies order... annoying.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

The worst are ones who bid, don't pay, but continue to bid on and even PAY for other items! Just dealt with a guy a short while back who didn't pay for a $36.00 item, but was bidding on and completing payments for $300-$700 items with other sellers. What the f?

Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

I remember I baught a card on ebay for $100 and the seller gave me his address to mail the money out. He also fails to tell me that hes moving in 3 days, so the money was already mailed out before i knew. Then 2 and a half weeks later I get my envelope back with the money inside saying "WRONG AD" on it that the Post office wrote. Then the seller threatens to leave me negative feedback and threatens to put the same card back up on ebay and how it was my fault. A few weeks later it all worked out and I got the card, but some people on ebay really piss me off sometimes lol. I've never had a problem like that before out of all the cards i've won from there.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

I sold something on ebay, can't remember what it was. Lady paid with a check, total was something like $2.50. The check bounced and came back to me. I called her about it and she argued with me that the check did not bounce. She told me that she had the cleared check in her hand, when I had the bounced one in mine. She then hung up and wouldn't pick up the phone again or respond to emails. I love people.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Guys,

After Denver Broncos won 2 Super-Bowls in a row, I put a starting line-up John Elway up for auction. It was puchased for $150 which was about $25 above the market value. The bidder never sent me the money and wouldn't respond to e-mail.

It's screwed and by the time I notified the underbidder he was no longer interested.

Peter

Old 03-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T E

You will eventually hit every scam known to man or beast.

"I changed my mind. I don't want the item."

"My son was using my account."

"I mailed that check weeks ago!"

"I made a mistake in the bidding. Please cancel the transaction."

etc etc etc

Old 03-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Shanon

I sold a Jackie Robinson card for $245.00, then the guy took a week to respond, (at the time I did not accept PayPal which was clearly stated in my auction) and he starts giving me a hard time about not having Paypal. He states that "I can't make payment unless you take PayPal" so I give an inch and tell him to make payment thru my wife's account. 1 week later still no payment and I see he is bidding on and winning other auctions. I file a non-paying bidder (the guy had 4 feedbacks)with ebay and he answers saying that payment is on the way. One week later still no payment so I relist and go to leave negative feedback and he is no longer a valid user. Bottom line is it took a month to sort thru all the junk with this guy but after relisting card it sold for over $300.00. What a pain.....

Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I once auctioned a Paul Hornung 8"x10" wirephoto, pictured and well described. The winner
asked to return the item, as he had expected to receive a 35mm slide. Figuring debate
would be futile, and the guy was pleasant about it, I accepted return and resold it.