NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

I only skimmed this thread but I cannot believe returning a package is an insurmountable obstacle?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I only skimmed this thread but I cannot believe returning a package is an insurmountable obstacle?
Apparently when you work in a hospital and only have enough time to frequently reply to this thread the return label on package just can't get done
Old 07-23-2019, 11:05 PM
R0b Sm!th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Apparently when you work in a hospital and only have enough time to frequently reply to this thread the return label on package just can't get done
I was thinking the same thing. 20 or so posts throughout the entire day, on the hour every hour.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:17 PM
Kyle C.

Your thought process throughout this thread is fascinating. I hope true inconveniences that occur in the hospital aren’t subjected to the same level of “critical” thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 04:01 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Can't believe I read every single post in this thread - 25 minutes of my life that I will never get back (I may speak to an attorney)

It was kinda like a train wreck - couldn't turn away
Old 07-24-2019, 04:44 AM
Ben North

WOW, I must be misunderstanding something here.

I understand mistakes happen, true character is shown by how you fix those mistakes.

So a incompetent moron sent the wrong package out. Then they send the recipient a bill for something they did not buy. Then they hold hostage the item he did win and has paid for. Did I miss something?
Old 07-24-2019, 04:55 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

No you have it right.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:04 AM
Robert Williams

Im confused. Just send the package back already.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:05 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
No you have it right.
So if I got it correct why is the peanut gallery attacking the OP who has done nothing wrong?
Old 07-24-2019, 05:05 AM
Robert Williams

I understand you are holding the package hostage until you get your correct package, but IMHO that is a HORRIBLE stance to take. What guarantee does Heritage have that you will send the incorrect package back to them? Look at it from their point of view.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
So if I got it correct why is the peanut gallery attacking the OP who has done nothing wrong?
I believe he is holding the incorrect package hostage until he gets his correct package. Then, at his convenience, he will mail them their incorrect package back. When he can find time to get to the post office. 8 months from now.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:11 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I believe he is holding the incorrect package hostage until he gets his correct package. Then, at his convenience, he will mail them their incorrect package back. When he can find time to get to the post office. 8 months from now.
He only has time to post but not to put a label on the package and send it back so his nightmare could be over. He also says he is about to take vacation and I’m not sure I have ever seen someone who needs it more.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:16 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Heritage IS holding his PAID for item(s) hostage. They are 100% in the wrong IMHO. Why would the OP have to go out of his way to appease the morons who sent him the wrong package.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:21 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Heritage IS holding his PAID for item(s) hostage. They are 100% in the wrong IMHO. Why would the OP have to go out of his way to appease the morons who sent him the wrong package.
Ben....I sadly disagree with you. If they were to immediately send him his package, what makes you think my scenario would not play out EXACTLY as I predicted??
Old 07-24-2019, 05:26 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Ben....I sadly disagree with you. If they were to immediately send him his package, what makes you think my scenario would not play out EXACTLY as I predicted??
To me your scenario is completely irrelevant. He has paid for his item(s) and there is absolutely no reason they should be holding them hostage. Who is to say Heritage will send him his items after he returns the package their incompetent employee sent him?

Either way I hope everyone ends up with their correct items. I am just confused by all the attacks on a innocent victim.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:31 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
To me your scenario is completely irrelevant. He has paid for his item(s) and there is absolutely no reason they should be holding them hostage. Who is to say Heritage will send him his items after he returns the package their incompetent employee sent him?

Either way I hope everyone ends up with their correct items. I am just confused by all the attacks on a innocent victim.
Heritage is the largest AH in the world, it's not going to keep the guy's items. It just made a mistake in shipping. It's just like an ebay return, would you expect a seller to refund your money before you send the item back?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:33 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:

Ben, no one is saying Heritage isn’t wrong here. However it would take him minutes to resolve this, time which he claims he doesn’t have, yet he has the time to post multiple times on this thread. His item is $200 apparently, theirs is many multiples. I imagine if their conversations with him went anything like the conversation here, they decided they wanted their item back first. After skimming through the thread again I’m not sure I can blame them.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:19 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Appears that HA sent him 867 1961 Topps baseball with stars and HOFer's from June 30 auction...lot 45126, post 13 of this thread...kind of a big screwup...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
My understanding from the OP is that he is wanting his cards sent at the same time. Is that really unreasonable?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:05 AM
Mark Medlin

Hello all, no dog in this fight, but I have known the OP for 35 years and I believe the only thing he is guilty if, is poor articulation of facts. Here are the facts as I understand them:

1. He has bought a ton from heritage in the past couple years. Likely 6 digits in purchasing.

2. Heritage has shipped to him in the past before he even paid, demonstrating trust.

3. They failed to ship him a small purchase.

4. They shipped him another item with value slightly more than his item 1 to 2k more.

5. He has minimal experience as a shipper, especially with fed ex.

6. Heritage underlings drew a line in the Sand requiring him to ship the item back before sending his. Bullshit move. He has proven track record as a good customer. He paid his bill. Heritage mis performed.

7. Heritage acquiesces to his desire for them to ship his item first.

8. With many of his previous heritage purchases, he has redirected delivery to a fed ex location so he could pickup the items as his schedule allows.

9. This delivery, Heritage shipped in a manner to not allow redirected shipping instructions. This was after he had informed them that has current schedule was quite hectic at work and was to be followed by a vacation. There shipping method left him no way to receive the package.

10. For whatever reason, heritage has decided to invoice him for the lot that was mistakenly delivered to him.

I don't see the reason the pitch fork carrying members of this board are roasting him. He voluntarily admitted possessing the incorrect item and confirmed he would return it. He has no shipping department, limited shipping experience, even more limited schedule and you all condemn him??? With the exhorbitant shipping fees heritage charges, you would think they would have systems and personnel in place to insure this couldn't happen. Then to think that if you had spent 100k with an auction house and they treated you in this manner, you would be ok with that???

Mark Medlin
Old 07-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

No one is saying Heritage handled this properly however 15 minutes would resolve the entire issue for him but yet he prefers spending much more time on this thread. People make mistakes, Heritage did the wrong thing, but very quickly this all goes away if he slaps a label on the package and sends it on its way. Inexperience or not this is not difficult. I suspect more likely the other stresses in his life are clouding his ability to act reasonably and responsibly.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
Hello all, no dog in this fight, but I have known the OP for 35 years and I believe the only thing he is guilty if, is poor articulation of facts. Here are the facts as I understand them:

1. He has bought a ton from heritage in the past couple years. Likely 6 digits in purchasing.

2. Heritage has shipped to him in the past before he even paid, demonstrating trust.

4. They shipped him another item with value slightly more than his item 1 to 2k more.

6. Heritage underlings drew a line in the Sand requiring him to ship the item back before sending his. Bullshit move. He has proven track record as a good customer. He paid his bill. Heritage mis performed.

8. With many of his previous heritage purchases, he has redirected delivery to a fed ex location so he could pickup the items as his schedule allows.

9. This delivery, Heritage shipped in a manner to not allow redirected shipping instructions. This was after he had informed them that has current schedule was quite hectic at work and was to be followed by a vacation. There shipping method left him no way to receive the package.

10. For whatever reason, heritage has decided to invoice him for the lot that was mistakenly delivered to him.

I don't see the reason the pitch fork carrying members of this board are roasting him. He voluntarily admitted possessing the incorrect item and confirmed he would return it. He has no shipping department, limited shipping experience, even more limited schedule and you all condemn him??? With the exhorbitant shipping fees heritage charges, you would think they would have systems and personnel in place to insure this couldn't happen. Then to think that if you had spent 100k with an auction house and they treated you in this manner, you would be ok with that???

Mark Medlin
At what step did he retain counsel? This whole situation is bizarre. I’m not criticizing him, but if he is able to pick up packages at a FedEx location on a fairly regular basis, can’t he drop off Heritage’s package? Maybe I’m just being obtuse.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:30 AM
Mark Medlin

Yes he does pickup packages. However, his intent was to drop theirs off when he picked his up. Their shipping method made that impossible, even after it was discussed on the phone. Would many have handled this differently? Sure. Did he handle it wrong? Not in my opinion. He was/is doing what he feels best to protect his interests. Apparently he has free reign to keep the item. But that isn't his desire. I believe his intention of seeking counsel is precautionary based upon them sending an invoice. It is likely they have his cc info on file (I don't know this for a fact, only plausible) and since they have inappropriately invoiced him, they may inappropriately charge his account.

Mark Medlin
Old 07-24-2019, 07:34 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Yup this is definitely an issue a reasonable person would need to consult an attorney on. I just hope the OP is going somewhere very peaceful and tranquil on his vacation where he can get the rest and relaxation he so desperately needs.

Last edited by CuriousGeorge; 07-24-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Fix word
Old 07-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Why would the OP have to go out of his way to appease the morons who sent him the wrong package.
Because people make mistakes and two wrongs do not make a right.

It’s a complete dick move that the OP isn’t trying to correct the situation ASAP.
Heritage is one of the top auction houses out there, I doubt they’re going to tarnish their reputation by screwing the OP out of his peanut winnings.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:16 AM
Tim Newcomb

Default Makes sense...but still

The OP does sound in serious need of a vacation.

Quote:

Mark Medlin
Old 07-24-2019, 11:34 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHR View Post
Because people make mistakes and two wrongs do not make a right.

It’s a complete dick move that the OP isn’t trying to correct the situation ASAP.
Heritage is one of the top auction houses out there, I doubt they’re going to tarnish their reputation by screwing the OP out of his peanut winnings.

This!! Send the package back already and move on. That is SOMEONE ELSE'S WINNINGS you are holding on to!!! I can PROMISE you Heritage will send you your item.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Dave Fa*st

It really doesn't seem that hard. You put the packing slip on the exact same package they sent to you. You're not having to repackage anything. Why go nuts over the fact you don't have your package yet? I have bought from Heritage fairly regularly over the years. They've always come through. They are certainly on the bottom end of auction houses I worry about.

You said you'll ship theirs back as your schedule permits...in other words, you'll get to it when you get to it. You were posting on this board in this thread yesterday from 130PM to after 930PM....is you're schedule really that busy you can't drop this off with FedEx?
Old 07-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Chris Kim
Banned

I bought a Henie Wagner and HA mailed me a Honus Wagner........ that's my dream last nite.

(Yes, I mailed it back after they back charged me)

Last edited by chriskim; 07-24-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:15 PM
And.y Ell.is

what about packing it back up and have a family member take it to FedEx ? Since your so tight on time ?
Old 07-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

I don't know about you guys (and Kateighty), but I feel the board needed a good shipping snafu thread to take our minds off heavier stuff.

This was nice.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:32 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
That is SOMEONE ELSE'S WINNINGS you are holding on to!!!
This is the reason that I can't be sympathetic to the OP's position.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:04 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Heritage is the largest AH in the world, it's not going to keep the guy's items. It just made a mistake in shipping. It's just like an ebay return, would you expect a seller to refund your money before you send the item back?
Heritage might not keep them but they sure are holding them hostage. It is nothing like a eBay return by any stretch of the imagination.

I know if it happened to me I would expect my paid for items to be shipped out as soon as they discovered they have not been shipped. I would return the wrongly shipped items at my convenience.

I have been that incompetent moron who shipped the wrong item to a seller a few times. I used to sell over 100 different items a week for several years. Every time I screwed up I did one of two things. I either told the seller to hold the wrong item till the correct one shows up and then return the wrong item. I also have told the buyer to just keep the wrong item and the correct one will be on its way ASAP. Both of these also come with an apology for any inconvenience my mistake might have caused them.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:26 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
What happened to Christie's and Sotheby's? Heritage is third largest.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:04 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:

Mark Medlin
Mark,
These two points are more than a bullshit move. They're illegal.