NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM

Default RMY Auctions, Introduction

With Leons permission I wanted to take a second and announce a new Auction venture, RMY Auctions. You can register at the link below.

www.RMYAuctions.com

I know it seems like there are Auction Houses starting every five minutes, but this is specialized. It will be ONLY Vintage Photography, and the finest examples in the hobby. Our first auction will be the highest quality and largest accumulation of vintage Sports (and non-sports) photographs ever offered.

We will also be the first Auction venue to offer a lifetime Guarantee on EVERYTHING we sell, forever, and offer the lowest buyers premium in the hobby at 7.9%.

The first Auction will feature between 1000-1200 lots, all of which are Auction House Quality. A short slideshow is available for viewing now, with the full auction being available for preiew in about 2 weeks. Our selection of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig photos alone are worth the 2 minutes it will take to register, add in the fact that we have the largest selection of 1919 White Sox and 1927 Yankees images ever assembled as well as the greatest collection of early career/Rookie images on the planet and it will truly be a special offering. ALL Sports will be represented as well as non-sports. Feel free to e mail me or call with any questions or concerns and I would love to answer them.

ALSO, I offer free photo opinions to any and all registered bidders at any time, NO LIMIT. If anyone who is registered as a bidder EVER has a question about any photograph in their personal collection, on ebay, or in the auction, drop me a line or call me on the phone and I will give you a free opinion as to its authenticity, approximae value, age etc. I LOVE photos and appreciate any chance I have to talk about them with my fellow collectors!

Please take a second to go to the site and register (it takes almost no time at all and everyone is approved) and I guarantee you will find it worth your while, even if you have no intention of ever bidding. When the full preview goes up, you will see..... The photos are truly breathtaking!

Rhys M. Yeakley

personal sappy comment disclaimer__________________________________-

I want to take a second as well and thank all of the friends I have made on this site over the last 14 years. I remember registering for the parent board of Net54 in late 1999 as a 23 year old College Student and it has been a regular part of my life ever since. I have made some very close friends and had the opportunity to meet hundreds if not thousands of other great, passionate collectors over the years. I honestly could not have started this new venture without the business and support of all of you on this forum. A sincere thanks to each and every person I have ever crossed paths with, and hoping to meet all the rest of you in the years to come!

Rhys
Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM
J@son M1ller

Good luck, Rhys. Always enjoy talking to you at the National. You've got a passion for the hobby and it shows. I have already registered and will be bidding.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM
pete ullman

good luck Rhys...
Old 08-12-2013, 03:11 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

What do you mean you guarantee everything you sell? Does that mean that all photos (unless noted otherwise) are guaranteed to be Type I if submitted to PSA/DNA? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Best of luck Rhys!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Dan Bretta

Good luck Rhys!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Just registered today! Looking forward to your auction Rhys
Old 08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Rhys--Not to be picky, but is the lifetime warranty from the auction house or a personal guarantee?

Thanks--Jay
Old 08-12-2013, 04:38 PM

A new venture from one of the nicest, most knowledgeable people in the hobby. I'm registered and waiting to bid. Best wishes, Rhys!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Jeremy W.

I just registered & I'm looking forward to doing some bidding.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Don't worry so much about the lifetime guarantee. Rhys does his sit ups and avoids processed foods. Instead of LOAs, the photos will come with a testimony from his family doctor.

Last edited by drcy; 08-12-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:54 PM

We will not be using the "type" system per say, but everything will be guaranteed to be from the age we say it is, and the person we say it is and if we state a photographer, we will guarantee that as well. We will have a system similar to PSA's with some modification (a more comprehensive system). However, you will not have to worry about the items getting a "Type 1" from PSA. If we say its a 1920 Babe Ruth photo, that is what we guarantee. If we say its a Charles Conlon, then we guarantee it is a Conlon etc. If anyone wants to ask me a question about a particular photo and whether it will get a "type 1" from PSA, I will answer the question before the auction ends. The answer will be yes 99.9% of the time, the only issue would ever arise from the fact that we are going to a "1" being within 5 years instead of "2" years but since PSA uses an "approximate" for their 2 years system, I doubt that will ever be an issue and all items that fall within the 2-5 year window will be explained in the description for full disclosure.

The Auction House is well funded and we will always have money aside to back the Guarantee for life, but my name will be on the certificates issued with each photo so it is both a personal guarantee and backed by a well funded company. No other auction house in the hobby has a blanket guarantee like this for every single item they sell.

RMY has a working partnership with Historic Images from memphis and the cream of the crop from all their current and future purchases will be run through this auction site so we not only have amazing items for the first auction, but already have similar (if not better) items set aside for the future as well.

Rhys
Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Looking forward to this Rhys. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM

I am only in my 30's and do coach high school soccer so I should last a while!

In all honesty, the Guarantee is something I already do on a personal level and I am confident that my abilities in authenticating photographs is at least equal to anybody else in the hobby and I would put the sheer numbers of photographs I have viewed in person up to anybody's in the hobby as well. It is something nobody else in the Auction World is doing and everybody I spoke to about the guarantee advised me against it, but I will always stand behind the items I sell so for me it was a no-brainer.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

"Come in off the ledge! Think of your children and all the lifetime guarantees you issued!"

I believe Franz Kafka wrote a story about an auctioneer who was existentially haunted and tormented by all the bidders who who owned his life. Luckily for him he woke one morning to find he had turned into cockroach and insects aren't legally liable for contracts.

Last edited by drcy; 08-12-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Jeff

Best of success Rhys!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-12-2013, 05:09 PM
GaryPassamonte

Best of luck on your new venture, Rhys.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Marvellous Mark

Great news Rhys. Congratulations.

I am looking forward to it. Now I just have to find a spare two minutes to register!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Great--good luck Rhys!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Bill Boyd

Good luck from another registered bidder, photos only, great idea.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Looks great Rhys, I look forward to studying your auctions. Will the photo collection include some 19th century items, ie authentic cabinet cards?
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Best of luck

Rhys,

Best of luck in your new venture!

Patrick
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Barry Arnold

Default rhys

best of luck!!
I have bought from you and historic images and find this team approach
top shelf in every way.
congrats

barry
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 AM

Thanks to all for the support. Yes there will be 19th sentury material. We have a Warren Studios cabinet and other cabinet images as well already scheduled for the first auction.

Rhys
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
We will not be using the "type" system per say, but everything will be guaranteed to be from the age we say it is, and the person we say it is and if we state a photographer, we will guarantee that as well. We will have a system similar to PSA's with some modification (a more comprehensive system). However, you will not have to worry about the items getting a "Type 1" from PSA. If we say its a 1920 Babe Ruth photo, that is what we guarantee. If we say its a Charles Conlon, then we guarantee it is a Conlon etc. If anyone wants to ask me a question about a particular photo and whether it will get a "type 1" from PSA, I will answer the question before the auction ends. The answer will be yes 99.9% of the time, the only issue would ever arise from the fact that we are going to a "1" being within 5 years instead of "2" years but since PSA uses an "approximate" for their 2 years system, I doubt that will ever be an issue and all items that fall within the 2-5 year window will be explained in the description for full disclosure.

The Auction House is well funded and we will always have money aside to back the Guarantee for life, but my name will be on the certificates issued with each photo so it is both a personal guarantee and backed by a well funded company. No other auction house in the hobby has a blanket guarantee like this for every single item they sell.

RMY has a working partnership with Historic Images from memphis and the cream of the crop from all their current and future purchases will be run through this auction site so we not only have amazing items for the first auction, but already have similar (if not better) items set aside for the future as well.

Rhys
Thanks, Rhys.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Derek Granger

Congrats Rhys!! I, too, have bought from you in the past and look forward to your photos-only auction house! Based on your knowledge and prior posts on the forum, I assumed you were in your 60's. I'm glad to hear that your lifetime guarantee will last a bit longer than I had suspected!!! I'm 36 and can't imagine making the lifetime guarantee (or the funds) to support a venture like that.

Best of luck to you!!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 08-13-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: RMY Auctions, Introduction

Best of luck in your new venture, Rhys. You and Rhett are two of the classiest and most knowlwdgable guys in the hobby.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Duplicate Post from the Memorabilia Side just so you all know

__________________________________________________ _______________

OK, So the good news is..... The preview is up. You can go in and look at the photos.

Go to

www.RMYAuctions.com

Click on "Auction"

FYI, There are still some minor technical issues and I need to do one final proofread and add the Rules etc. This will all be done in the next 2 days but I wanted to at least make the photos and lots available for viewing so you guys can see what we will be offering for our first go-around.

I appreciate all the nice comments and support.

I only ask that if you find glaring errors or inaccuracies (as much as I have tried to catch them early) please drop me a line through here or my e mail and I will make sure they are fixed before the bidding starts on Friday, dont post them on here please. I will make sure all information and assertions are correct!

Again, thanks to all my friends on here and enjoy the pictures.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Ryan Christoff

Wow!!! Incredible auction! Nicely done.

-Ryan
Old 09-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Al

Wow, I'm two pages into the preview and I've done double-takes about ten times.

Exceptional first effort.

-Al
Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Ken McMillan

Very nice auction and nice photos. Good luck Rhys
Old 09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Great idea; I wish you well.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Derek Granger

Great photos - looking forward to the auction...sad to know I won't be able to buy all the "rookie" images (unless I win the lottery).

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM

We offer a month to pay (instead of 7-14 days like most auction houses) and if you want to call and discuss a longer time, I am sure we can work it out. I would rather see the right photo in the hands of the right collector and have to wait for the payment than the other way around! This goes for everyone out there. Money is important or the business goes under, but it is not always the most important thing so if that is an issue with anyone, we'll work with you!

Rhys
Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
We offer a month to pay (instead of 7-14 days like most auction houses) and if you want to call and discuss a longer time, I am sure we can work it out. I would rather see the right photo in the hands of the right collector and have to wait for the payment than the other way around! This goes for everyone out there. Money is important or the business goes under, but it is not always the most important thing so if that is an issue with anyone, we'll work with you!

Rhys
Definitely true with matching the buyer with the correct photos. I love the Elmer Miller pictures I have gotten from you and highly recommend your business.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:28 PM

I'm not much of a collector anymore. But I checked this out and I am so impressed with not only the quality of the website, but the interesting nature of the photographs offered. I actually registered and am going to place a bid in an auction for the first time in a long while. Great job Rhys!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:10 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Rhys--when does the auction open? The site says it should have opened today.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Dan Bretta

It's a good thing I sold my photo collection to Rhys years ago or my wallet would really be hurting. What an incredible first offering!!

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 09-13-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
It's a good think I sold my photo collection to Rhys years ago or my wallet would really be hurting. What an incredible first offering!!
No kidding amazing stuff!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:46 PM

Opens tonight, should be in about an hour or so (8:00pm Eastern)

Rhys
Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Ryan Christoff

How do you add items to a "watch" list?

-Ryan
Old 09-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Bill Gregory

Rhys,

You have some really incredible photographs for sale. The Ray Chapman picture is especially haunting. Best of luck with your new business venture!

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 PM
David McDonald

Pretty cool that you got a picture of the Beav in his hockey uniform.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:39 PM
H Murphy

Rhys, great auction with MANY special items. Will be hoping to win at least a couple lots but thinking there will be some very aggressive bidding . On a side note, spent many a nites freezing my arse off on the Flightline at Mt Home AFB. Beautiful country and you`re right Boise is quite nice little city.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Ryan Christoff

How do you "watch" items?

-Ryan
Old 10-02-2013, 02:56 PM

Last week of bidding! Initial bids must be placed by Saturday afternoon. If you havent already checked out the auction, it only takes a minute to register and we will approve you immediately.

Rhys Yeakley

www.RMYAuctions.com
Old 10-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoizeBringer View Post
How do you "watch" items?

-Ryan
When you log in there is an option to add items to a watch list in your account.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Ryan Christoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
When you log in there is an option to add items to a watch list in your account.

Thanks for adding that feature. It was frustrating not having it. Better late than never.

-Ryan
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Belltown Vintage

Everything's working great.

Regarding your comments in another thread, there is absolutely nothing wrong with stating that someone is classless, if that's how you feel. I have plenty of good friends in this hobby whose opinions are diametrically opposed to mine, and while I am often baffled by it, I still respect their opinions, as they seem to do mine. I do think that some have sold a little bit of their souls for profitable business relationships, but this is America, and that's what a lot of people do. I won't lose any sleep over it, and they will continue to be friends.

Rhys, I am thrilled with your new auction and I hope there are many more to come - I'm completely loyal to those who I respect, and have absolutely nothing to do with those who I do not. Between yourself and the major auction houses, I don't feel like I am missing anything when it comes to photos.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:51 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Is the auction still going? This is crazy!