NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Jim R

Default Legendary Drums

Did anyone win any of the St. Louis find Drums from Legendary? Please post a scan or email me privately

thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM

Default Drums

If you are a registered bidder at Legendary, you can search "history" and all of the Drums with scans/closing prices come up. If you are not, send me an email with with any particular one you want to see and I'll try to download it for you.

I wonder how many of the PSA graded "St Louis find" cards, (41) T206 I believe, will end up in SGC holders and whether or not the owners will try to designate them from the "find"?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Jim R

I have scans of the cards and closing prices-I want to know if there is anyone in our community that won one of these cards.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default spoke to Doug

I spoke to Doug today about several things......about their live auction, about the things going on in the hobby, Freddie Maguire etc.... All should be very interesting in the future...

Since I saw this question on the board I decided to ask him about the Drums. As there is confidentiality in who bids and wins all he could really tell me is that one high end collector, who he thinks probably doesn't read this board, won all of the T206 Drums as he wanted to keep them together. He wasn't sure about the T205 Drums off hand.... For the record I still consider Doug a friend.....so all of those rumors can continue too .... I also think all of the Mastro consignors should have been paid but that is just another whole issue. And I tried to help as much as I could with that......Attack away.....
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Ed McCollum

Default For what it is worth

there was a lot in a Mastro auction last year that I was interested in, but knew I wouldn't be able to make a run at. I contacted the folks at Mastro, and explained that I knew it would be unethical for them to tell me who won the lot, but would they be willing to let the winner know I would like to be in contact with them. They asked me to write a letter to the winner, explaining my situation, and they forwarded the letter on to the winner at the completion of the auction. Several days later, I heard from that winner, and have been able to talk a lot about cards with them since, and would consider them a friend.

Guess I'm saying it doesn't hurt to try and work backwards towards what you want.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default woops

I should clarify I was only speaking of the Drums in the April auction.....Doug thought the latter auction had multiple winners.....I don't know if those are board members or not....but I wouldn't blame people for not saying anything publicly right now....Could you blame them?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Jim R

I know it is confidential and I can't email everybody so I made this post. Thanks for everyone who replied in this thread and privately and it really did help me.