NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Brock

Default Bat Restoration

What do you guys think of game used bats having repairs done to them. I used to own this bat and the picture shows the back of the barrel when I had it. The buyer fixed it and sold it and now the current buyer is selling it in heritage.

First I don't see how this is only considered back barrel cracking. I don't understand how with the repairs like this and it gets a PSA 7. I saw the PSA letter and it made no mention of the back barrel repairs besides the back barrel cracking.

So what do you guys think?

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleN...lotIdNo=111002
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greenberg2.JPG (42.1 KB, 207 views)
Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I looked at the repairs on the large scans in their auction. I think, unless you knew it was repaired, you may not be able to detect it. If they knew it was repaired I think they need to divulge that. But if you can't tell, you can't tell.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Agree.... There should definitely be some disclosure of this restoration work. That is information that most prospective buyers would want to know.

Perhaps the work was so well executed, that it simply got by Taube without being noticed? I realize that's a stretch, but I believe PSA would normally make note of such work. It looks like a beautiful and seamless restoration (from the pics provided) but tough to tell how evident the retoration would appear when holding the Bat in-hand. I am guessing that Taube simply missed it.

Last edited by perezfan; 01-15-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Brock

Do you think it's just the heritage pics or does it look like the whole bat was like cleaned or something. Just the color looks different.

I'm curious what it will sell for considering I actually lost money on it when I first sold it but I'm sure it will go a lot more now. Good for the seller.

Last edited by yanks12025; 01-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

In addition to the wood repair, I do think the entire bat was cleaned, and color was enhanced. Restorer is a magician.... there are definitely some great ones out there.

Not sure what the restoration cost, but pretty safe to say that a profit will be made.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 PM
N@te

I restored one of my bats and was asked if I wanted it graded, and if I did that it was going to get a 7. I passed but that was good to know.

A word to the wise- if you have a HOF'er that is pretty desirable or hard to get, it might be wise to get it restored. I've have at least 3 of my bats restored at some capacity and I don't regret it one bit. It raised the values significantly.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl