NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-11-2017, 06:11 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default Keep A Close Eye On Your eBay Invoices

I have been selling on eBay for over 14 years and I always took for granted that the eBay invoices I received each month were correct. So, I rarely ever looked at them until last week.
Last month, I had a buyer who decided to hike up the prices on several of my items. He used 3 different user ids to do this. Of course, he didn't pay. So, I contacted eBay and they cancelled all the transactions that he won. They also said that I would be refunded all final value fees which came to almost $400.
So, when I received my invoice last month it was a lot higher than I expected. I decided to check it out to see why it was so high. It turns out that eBay never refunded the fees for the cancelled items. Instead I was charged as though I sold the items.
Had to call them and after about 45 minutes on the phone, they corrected their mistake.
If I did not catch that error, I would have been out almost $400. This really bothers me because how do I know how many other times I was charged for something that I should not have been charged for.
My suggestion is to check your invoice from time to time.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 10-11-2017, 03:53 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I'm not an ebay seller, so can you explain what you mean by the buyer hiking up the price?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:04 PM

The invoice for your month may had been sent before the fees were canceled. If that happens, it will be applied to the following month. If you sell a lot, its not terrible since you get refunded, just not as quickly. Check this month and see if the credit is applied there.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrun7 View Post
The invoice for your month may had been sent before the fees were canceled. If that happens, it will be applied to the following month. If you sell a lot, its not terrible since you get refunded, just not as quickly. Check this month and see if the credit is applied there.
It was not going to be applied to the next month. When I called eBay, they said that the items were cancelled and the fees were not refunded for some unknown reason. I was told that if I didn't call, it would never have been refunded to me.

Buythatcard

Old 10-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I'm not an ebay seller, so can you explain what you mean by the buyer hiking up the price?
The buyer was placing very high bids on multiple items to guarantee that he won even though he had no intention to pay. The prices were way higher than the cards were worth. He used multiple accounts to bid against each other also.

Buythatcard

Old 10-11-2017, 06:57 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
The buyer was placing very high bids on multiple items to guarantee that he won even though he had no intention to pay. The prices were way higher than the cards were worth. He used multiple accounts to bid against each other also.
Gotcha. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.