NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Joe Drelich

Default CSA Shows The Chantilly VA show April 8th-10th..... w/Net54 Discounts

Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show on April 8th,9th, and 10th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 19th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION on Friday from 2 pm to 8 pm. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition since our last show in October of 2015. We have dealers from 19 different states exhibiting on over 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened boxes and cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. As well as 70+ autograph guests, the lineup is amazing ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply mention
your a Net54 member at the door and sign in with your Net54 name and you
pay only $4 which is 50% off admission on Saturday and Sunday.
Also new Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and
have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.We have 8ft. and 6 ft. tables available.

$1,000 given away ! We are giving away $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars 5 times
on Saturday and 5 times on Sunday. No strings attached, just free money
to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as
an 8 card Super Star/Hall Of Fame cards packs being handed out to every paid admission on Saturday and Sunday.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich

Last edited by Leon; 03-17-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Now this is the kind of advertising I really like. Our members get good discounts at the show!! Thanks Joe and team!!

btw, for tables and other questions Joe's email address is

eastcoastsports@earthlink.net

Last edited by Leon; 03-17-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:27 AM
K!ya S@bet

The discount is appreciated...I think I would've have gone regardless but appreciated nonetheless.

While primarily new cards, Chantilly has always been a quality show.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Jason Wells

I always come on the weekend and the discounted admission would have been nice and I look forward to it in the future. Im coming up on Friday this go around. Fun show.

Last edited by Jason; 03-17-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:17 AM
Don Hontz

I am looking forward to doing the Chantilly show---Joe has invited me and this will be my first time ever doing this show---It looks like a great vintage show with outstanding dealers. It is also very nice for the Net 54 members to get a discount. I don't see many shows doing something like this. Anyway, this is my next show and I am excited to do the show.---I will have 8 showcases of graded cards from 1910 to the 1960's. My cards range from Ty Cobb--Babe Ruth--to the Hot 1950's Rookies (Mantle-Mays-Aaron-Clemente-etc) Stop by and say Hello. Don Hontz
Old 03-18-2016, 07:44 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post
Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show on April 8th,9th, and 10th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 19th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION on Friday from 2 pm to 8 pm. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition since our last show in October of 2015. We have dealers from 19 different states exhibiting on over 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened boxes and cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. As well as 70+ autograph guests, the lineup is amazing ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply mention
your a Net54 member at the door and sign in with your Net54 name and you
pay only $4 which is 50% off admission on Saturday and Sunday.
Also new Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and
have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.We have 8ft. and 6 ft. tables available.

$1,000 given away ! We are giving away $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars 5 times
on Saturday and 5 times on Sunday. No strings attached, just free money
to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as
an 8 card Super Star/Hall Of Fame cards packs being handed out to every paid admission on Saturday and Sunday.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich
Hmmm..... scratching head....a show pitch to a baseball themed board where 62 of the guests (forward area only) are football players, 3 boxers, 3 basketball players, 1 actor and only 4 baseball players......interesting.

I do appreciate the discount!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:45 PM

I will be set up at Chantilly, Table Number 312. Please stop by and say hello!

thanks

Dan Mckee
Old 03-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Jeff P

AND Net54 members usually get together for lunch on Friday for those interested. I'll post a thread on this soon.

Looking forward to the show, Joe!

jeff
Old 03-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Jeff P

For those who are planning to attend the Chantilly Show on Friday, April 8th (admission is free!), I am setting up a Net54 lunch to be held at Hters (aka Hooters) right near the Dulles Expo Center. I'm shooting for 12:30 so we have time to eat, socialize, and be at the doors at 2pm when the show opens.

Come one, come all. Show promoter Joe Drelich has kindly offering Net54 members who attend this lunch $5 in CSA Deal Dollars that can be spent at the show with any dealer. Thanks Joe!

Please respond here or PM me if you plan to attend so I can make sure they have a table big enough for us when we arrive.

jeff
Old 03-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Jeff P

Bumping this thread for members who want to do lunch at Chantilly on Friday April 8th.

jeff
Old 03-27-2016, 05:28 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I think I am taking Friday off to come up and shop around. I would like more baseball guests as well, but honestly, football seems to be a better mix...I used to be involved with the show to a degree when Marco ran it. Themed football, especailly Steelers, seems to be gold.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:48 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I think I am taking Friday off to come up and shop around. I would like more baseball guests as well, but honestly, football seems to be a better mix...I used to be involved with the show to a degree when Marco ran it. Themed football, especailly Steelers, seems to be gold.
Can you make lunch, Todd? Would love to meet up.

jeff
Old 03-28-2016, 07:10 AM

This show has avoided me like the plague the past two years!

Last April I was getting married that weekend, last November I was in Southeast Asia (and Vlad Guerrero was at the show), this year I'll be in London.

Yes, first world problems no doubt but I thoroughly enjoy this show every time I have been able to make it and have made some great pick-ups along the way!
Old 03-28-2016, 06:55 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBBC View Post
This show has avoided me like the plague the past two years!

Last April I was getting married that weekend, last November I was in Southeast Asia (and Vlad Guerrero was at the show), this year I'll be in London.

Yes, first world problems no doubt but I thoroughly enjoy this show every time I have been able to make it and have made some great pick-ups along the way!
Sorry your are missing it again!

jeff
Old 03-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Jason Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
I will be set up at Chantilly, Table Number 312. Please stop by and say hello!

thanks

Dan Mckee
Thats cool Dan. I think you have a card that I want to make an offer on in person.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Jeff P

At this point there is a small group meeting at Hooters at 12:30 before the Chantilly Show this coming Friday.

Anyone else joining us?

jeff
Old 04-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Joe Drelich

Default T206 Honus Wagner FREE photo Opportunity

We are very excited to announce REA will be offering FREE photo op's with the T206 Honus Wagner at The Chantilly Show on Saturday or Sunday from 12 noon to 2pm. You can also request a photo with any other item they have on display.

Check out the article below for more information....

http://www.auctionreport.com/auction...ow-appearance/

www.csashows.com
Old 04-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Default Sterling Sports Auctions at Chantilly

Sterling Sports Auctions will be set up at table #220 accepting consignments and displaying highlighted lots from the auction running currently. If you have any lots you wish to see in person let me know and I will see if I can arrange to bring them along.

Stop by and "Hello"

Lee Behrens
320-219-1372
Old 04-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Leighton and I will be representing Just Collect at booth 435. We'll be running around buying, buying, buying and will also be bringing a nice, fresh run of 1960's and 1970's Topps baseball sets for public sale.

We'd love to meet up Thursday, Friday or Saturday evenings post-show with anyone that has a hankerin' for some local brews or stop by the booth during the show for a selection of free wrapped candies (while supplies last).

Looking forward to saying hello to many!

Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com
Old 04-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Jeff P

Last call for alcohol! <- not really.

12:30 Net54 lunch on Friday at Hooters next to Dulles Expo Center. Since we all get in free on Friday, Joe is going to give us all a $5 coupon to use with any Dealer at the show. How cool is that!

Let me know if you're gonna make lunch and haven't told me yet as I need a count to make sure we get enough table space. Ask for Net54 when you get there.

jeff
Old 04-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Hank Thomas

Wow, REA and Dan McKee, too! I might have to come to Chantilly for the first time in a while.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Don Hontz

I will be setting up at the show this weekend. Tables 400 and 402. I am really looking forward to the show I have graded cards from King Kelly, Ty Cobb,Babe Ruth to the 1950's rookies ( 1951 Mays, Aaron, Clemente,Koufax and a nice looking PSA 5 1952 topps Mantle). Stop by and say hello. Don Hontz
Old 04-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Larrie Dean

Default Chantilly Show

Hi:

As usual I will be set up at tables 523, 525 and 527 across from the long wall! I give a 10% discount to those who mention this post! Hope to see you there.

Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards (NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087
Old 04-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Brian Dwyer

As mentioned, REA will be exhibiting at this show for our first show appearance ever. We'll have tons of cards from the current auction on display and will be offering photo ops with the T206 Wagner at our booth. We'll also be accepting consignments and writing cash advance checks for the fall auction. All board members are encouraged to stop by and introduce yourselves.

If there are any lots in the current auction that you have an interest in seeing in person, please call or email our office by the end of today to arrange for us to bring them.

Thanks!

Brian Dwyer
908-226-9900
Old 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacktrack View Post
As mentioned, REA will be exhibiting at this show for our first show appearance ever. We'll have tons of cards from the current auction on display and will be offering photo ops with the T206 Wagner at our booth. We'll also be accepting consignments and writing cash advance checks for the fall auction. All board members are encouraged to stop by and introduce yourselves.

If there are any lots in the current auction that you have an interest in seeing in person, please call or email our office by the end of today to arrange for us to bring them.

Thanks!

Brian Dwyer
908-226-9900
That's awesome, Brian! Looking forward to catching up.

Net54 lunch today at 12:30 at Hooters near the Dulles Expo Center. Ask for the Net54 table when you arrive.

jeff
Old 04-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Jason Stricker

I'll be at the show this afternoon around 2:30 for a bit.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Jason Wells

Im glad to report the Chantilly show is growing! More dealers and vintage than I have ever seen before. I was able to pick up a nice Series 4 upgrade and made a few fair, above market value offers on some other cards. No dice but all the dealers were very pleasant. Met a few guys I have only had internet dealers with thus far. REA's both was amazing! I regret not holding the Wagner as every collector at should point I thought afterwards. My son picked up a few things he enjoyed taking the day off school to go. He is the only thing that kept me from Lunch as I thought he might feel a little left out with us cardboard collectors. Cant wait until the next Chantilly show. Next stop Atlantic City in August.

Last edited by Jason; 04-08-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Jason Stricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Im glad to report the Chantilly show is growing! More dealers and vintage than I have ever seen before. I was able to pick up a nice Series 4 upgrade and made a few fair, above market value offers on some other cards. No dice but all the dealers were very pleasant. Met a few guys I have only had internet dealers with thus far. REA's both was amazing! I regret not holding the Wagner as every collector at should point I thought afterwards. My son picked up a few things he enjoyed taking the day off school to go. He is the only thing that kept me from Lunch as I thought he might feel a little left out with us cardboard collectors. Cant wait until the next Chantilly show. Next stop Atlantic City in August.
Wish I could've met up with you to put a face with the name. Perhaps at the next show.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Jason Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206blogcom View Post
Wish I could've met up with you to put a face with the name. Perhaps at the next show.
I was already on the road to Chantilly when you posted earlier or I would have liked to do that as well Jason. Def next time.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 PM

I attended today. It was great to see Ken, Dan, Mac, Anthony, Val, Steve and many more old friends. Picked up a nice D303 for my collection from Dan. There's lots of quality prewar available on the floor.

Andy
Old 04-08-2016, 09:41 PM

I attended the show today. Had nice chats with both Dan McKee and Lee Behrens -- both terrific guys who speak highly of our hobby.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Val Kehl

I attended as well this afternoon/evening - best Chantilly show in quite a while - kudos to the relatively new show promoter for his efforts to build the show - and, the improvements to the facility are also nice. All the eye candy I drooled over in REA's show cases will make it hard for me to fall asleep tonight - if only I could win the lottery in the next week or two, before the REA auction closes!!
Val
Old 04-09-2016, 11:30 AM
Steve

Default Great day

I fortunate enough to come to town for a day and to attend the show yesterday. I had a great time talking to Val, Andy, Mac, and Dan. I also had a chance to meet Lee, introduce myself to Don, and chat with Brian while gazing at REA's amazing display.

A big thank you to Val who made a nice trade with me to help my T211 set come along further!

I look forward to attending the show again in the future, especially to meet those that I didn't have a chance to meet this time around. Everybody was so pleasant and nice.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 04-10-2016, 07:01 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Saw Lee, Dave and a number of friends...I have a really good time, but honestly didn't see a lot of particularly good buys or for that matter amazing cards. This is two shows in a row where I have not spent my budget. Of course, I more than make up for it on BST.