NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2018, 06:34 PM

Default Show Your E104 Nadjas

I started by winning the Wagner in the latest REA auction. Then I figured, well, I have the "toughest" one and the E104-II Nadja Pirates set is only 11 cards large, so why not try to collect the set. I put out a feeler on BST and SportscardPete contacted me and we did a deal for 9 of the cards (all but the Clarke), and then Ed, with whom I have done a few deals, offered up the beautiful Clarke that he just acquired (albeit for a small but very reasonable profit), and BAM -- here you have a complete E104-2 Nadja Pirates Set (most have blank backs, as you can see).

Show us your E104s -- Philly, Pittsburgh, multiple/various

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 05-22-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:51 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Looks great, Ryan. Glad I could help with the last card. Now, type 1 or 3 next, lol?

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Awesome Ryan. Congrats. They look great together.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:07 PM
pete ullman

I followed a similar path a few years ago with e90-2... first acquiring Wagner then deciding to go for the relatively small set .

congrats it’s a tough one!
Old 05-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Cool.....
Can ya'll imagine how long it would have taken, 40 yrs ago, to put that set together? A bit longer I am quite sure.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 PM
I@n Cl@rke

My Wagz...

When acquired 6 years ago, I also considered going after the "small" set, but am no further 6 years later. I did bid the OP's PSA2 Wagner in both this, and last year's REA auctions however.

Would love a HOFer Nadja back, or a type 1 "World Champions" (like the posted Collins) some day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E104-ii Honus Wagner.jpg (74.1 KB, 165 views)
Old 05-23-2018, 05:36 AM

Great card Dean. Maybe we will try to do a deal on it one day. I@n, That -2 Wags is amazing (glad I outbid you on mine, but I’d rather have yours). Ed, I currently have no intent to collect the other series/sets, but all it takes is one Plank or Collins and I may off into a type frolic.

Leon, I don’t know what’s crazier - how long this set would have taken 49 years ago or how quickly I put it together modern day. The internet and great forums like Net54 sure have made “the hunt” easier.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:29 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default E104

Hey Ryan

There are picture errors on some of these E104's. Here's my "Bris Lord" card which actually depicts Sherry Magee.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 05-23-2018, 11:25 AM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Great card Dean. Maybe we will try to do a deal on it one day. I@n, That -2 Wags is amazing (glad I outbid you on mine, but I’d rather have yours). Ed, I currently have no intent to collect the other series/sets, but all it takes is one Plank or Collins and I may off into a type frolic.

Leon, I don’t know what’s crazier - how long this set would have taken 49 years ago or how quickly I put it together modern day. The internet and great forums like Net54 sure have made “the hunt” easier.

Thanks Ryan. I'll take good care of Eddie for ya in the meantime.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:02 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Thanks Ryan, your 2 is not too shabby itself... had I won it, at either REA, I may have parted with my 5, so I could acquire more "stuff". I think you got a great value in this auction, when compared with 2017. I'm sure I don't catch everything, but yours and mine are the only public offerings of this card I've since since 2011.