NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Default WSSCA card show Nov 8-9 in Seattle, WA

Posted By: Andrew

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Winter Convention will be held November 8th and 9th. The WSSCA show perhaps is the only show left in the Pacific Northwest containing pre-war material after the demise of the Tacoma Dome shows.

There will be 44 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). If you have any questions do not hesitate to send me an email. I hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew Jerome
callmefugazi@yahoo.com

Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Sears

This is really a fun show. Can't wait to go.....

Hope to see other collector's from the Northwest attend!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

I'm making my travel plans to get up to the WSSCA show.
I'll be wearing either the Red Wings jersey or the Phillies jersey.

My it's nice when you have two world champs to pick from

My son will be there too, picking up some UV cards of alive players while I go after the "deader the better" guys.

Hope to see you there Saturday afternoon.

Brian L
familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Old 10-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Brailey

I'll be there as I was very impressed with this show last year. Good to see so much effort from a club to bring in more vintage material. I'll wear my Boston Bruins jersey!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I plan on stopping by. I'm easy to spot as I have an 1982-style Milwaukee Brewers cap.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Looking forward to this great Regional show & seeing the diverse cast of friends & characters that attend, the good variety of material on the tables, and the rare appearance of the Grand Marquis on Saturday night...... or is that Marnier ... Will there be a Max sighting ?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Stephen Mitchell

Spoke with two "old time" collectors last Saturday at the Totem Lake Mall show: Frank Caruso (WSSCA's first president) and Larry Moe. Both were charter members (1973) of the Washington State Sports Collectors Association, sponsor of this upcoming show, and they indicated that they would be attending the WSSCA show on Saturday. I plan to be there on the first day, too. Drive carefully, Mark. We're looking forward to seeing you.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Mark

Max? He has dog agility on Saturday, so will be stuck in Canada. He may make it up Sunday, if he can find a way to stop self-referentializng.

[linked image]

Max

Old 11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Cohon

I'm looking forward to the show. Probably can't make it 'til Sunday, though. Save some good stuff for me.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich

Great show with lots of good people. I'll have a table and hope to see vintage folks ready to deal. Brian L.- Bring some stuff to trade.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

It was a fun first day for this show. Good to see some familiar faces.

I've never seen this much vintage material at this show.

Zeenuts, Obaks, T210s, T207s, T205s (100s of them) T200s, T3s, E145s, E90s, M116s, D cards.
A bit of everything.

Let's do it again tomorrow.

Rob

Old 11-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Stephen Mitchell

Stopped by Saturday for about four hours visiting with several great sellers displaying outstanding stuff. If you are in the area tomorrow, do yourself a favor and spend some time at the longest running show in the nation sponsored by (I believe) the oldest club: the Washington State Sports Collectors Association. Forty-some tables brimming with cards and memorabilia from all eras including a good selection of Pre-War.

Great cards and stories to swap with vintage collectors, too. I even ran into a fellow original member (1973) of WSSCA (Ted Baker) whom I had not seen since 1980. Also reaquired some trimmed M101-4's I sold to Mark Mcrae a few years ago. (At this show one never knows who or what he'll encounter.)

With the passage of the Tacoma Dome shows, serious collectors need to consider the WSSCA shows which now come twice a year: early June and early November. Last year's November edition (the club's first) was a good first step. This year's is better. Don't miss it!

Old 11-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Administrator

I stopped by. Good facility and attendance and a large percentage of older stuff. I give it a thumbs up.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

Guys... this is a really good show...not too large, but definitely filled with a lot of vintage cards. Rich in pre-war like the old Albany NY shows where I cut my collecting teeth.

It was neat to see some of the gang although I had to cut it a bit short both days...
Feeling like a cold or flu might be coming on, I certainly didn't have much energy. At least the ride home(about 3 hours)was easy with no real traffic.

I made a couple cool trades, bought a bunch of cards and genuinely enjoyed myself. Thanks to all who put this together, and I'll be sure to be back in June !

Brian L
familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Old 11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Cohon

This was a really good show. It was fun to see so many dealers with the kind of cards I like, and equally fun to see a spirited bunch of collectors seeking the vintage stuff. Thanks to all who put in the effort to make it go. See you in June.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

Thanks again to the dealers and everyone who attended the show. It was great talking with Net 54ers. See you at the show in May 2009,

Andrew

Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Andrew, you did a great job in pulling together the show, especially in the midst of all the economic turmoil and a Huskies home game. Whatever tension was there prior to the show's official opening on Saturday morning quickly evaporated. The selection of material at the show is one of the best balanced at any show going on today, anywhere in the country. Whether it's new or old, baseball or boxing, card or memorabilia, slabbed or raw, inexpensive or pricey, THAT show has it all there. You won't find '33 Goudeys for a buck a piece, but they will be there. The collectors living in the Northwest know that the two WSSCA shows are the best. It's no wonder the shows are the longest running in the hobby. If given the choice to display at a 200 table megashow in the Midwest, or the twice annual WSSCA shows, it wouldn't take me a second to decide. Also congrats to the club members who helped set a record...3 consecutive nights of club dinners... Next time we'll shoot for four, and make sure Max comes down so he can pick up the tab at two or three... wink.gif.. It was great getting a chance for me to visit with the many friends and customers in the region, including the dozen or so lurkers on this board. THANKS AGAIN for a great show. I'm already looking forward to the next one....

Old 11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It looks like I will have to get off of my behind and make one of these...It sounds like it was a good time to be had by all. I love talking turkey with hobbyists....best regards

Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Given my country's recent showing against the USD, my trips south will be limited to seeking handouts, rather than grabbing for the bill.

[linked image]

Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcyclebac

Don't worry, there was a booth selling canned goods and bunker shovels.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Leon, It's a great show experience and you'll talk more turkey than the White House Thanksgiving Party.....Max, if times get too bad you can always bring some of those bulky, musty books across the border and trade them in for dinner tokens wink.gif... or just keep an eye out for Mounties memorabilia to transport down there as well....

Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Mark

Mounties memorabilia?

Why, Mr. Gasoline Alley has such high quality Mounties items already for sale in Seattle:

[linked image]

Surely there wasn't a baseball team in Canada, was there?

Yours,

Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith Schneider

all I can say is BOOM BOOM! as good as a round of golf. a great time once again. Our show rocks. great show, great material, great people on BOTH sides of the table. One of the friendliest groups of enthusiasts that I know of! I look forward to the next gathering of the clan. Thanks guys.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Administrator

A round of golf in Washington in November is about as memorable as it gets. Between the rain spritzing down on your forehead, you have to use the ball washer at every hole, not knowing what, when or where the next surprise will emerge. Truly exhilarating. See what you miss by not showing up Max ?? !! wink.gif wink.gif

Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

I knew some guys who played golf in winter in Wisconsin-- though I'm sure alcohol was involved. They were from Green Bay and most of their activities involved alcohol.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator

David...The Wisconsin Badgers would have trouble with the moisture we had . I think the Oregon State Beavers would be more appropriate for this round of golf. And yes, sometimes alcohol is involved

Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

The complication in playing golf in Green Bay in January is there are two plus feet of snow on the links.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Administrator

I suppose it would be real easy to lose your balls on that turf...happy.gif