NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Tim Bro.ad

Default A Warning About Counterfeits

While re-holdering my summer 2013 ebay purchases, I discovered I had been sold a counterfeit 1955-56 Parkhurst hockey card. This seller has 6000+ transactions and has 100% positive feedback. His ebay I.D. is also mentioned on other forums, from those who track the price of baseball cards and it appears he has sold a lot of high-end cards, for big bucks which is why I am here warning others.

What do I know you ask?

I been collecting cards from this set since the days of mail-order, I am guessing 20+ years. Upon receiving the card, it looked a little odd without my glasses on and I just put the card away assuming everything was fine, as I have never seen a fake from this issue and never suspected they were not a problem. I no longer have and ebay account due and have not made contact with the seller, as I am unable to.

Am I angry?

No, I am glad to have the card for display purposes and really don't want my money back. I am however wondering how many fakes are in baseball card collections, as this guy seems to have sold a lot of them. I'm also glad I no longer have to look at bad i-phone images as no one scans cards anymore.

One other note:

This card arrived in a card saver II with a tiny portion of the bottom corner clipped off. I thought this was a little odd to do this on a NMMT-NMMT+ card but now assume this makes it easier to keep track of the counterfeits from the real ones.

The card as it was listed:

PARKHURST #66 BILLY REAY MONTREAL CANADIENS NMMT / NMMT+

Seasons Greetings to all from Canada.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Default Counterfeits

I am missing something. Are you suggesting that he knowingly sold you a counterfeit card? Given his feedback, is it possible this was an error on his part?

Just curious. Seems like we need more information. Sorry you ended up with a counterfeit card....it happens to the best of us...me included.

Z Wheat
Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Tim Bro.ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
I am missing something. Are you suggesting that he knowingly sold you a counterfeit card? Given his feedback, is it possible this was an error on his part?

Just curious. Seems like we need more information. Sorry you ended up with a counterfeit card....it happens to the best of us...me included.

Z Wheat
Error - slight possibility, which is why I did not post his ebay member I.D.

Not sure what other information you need but I will be scanning a real one beside the counterfeit card, in the near future.

My own rules are when buying, are to buy only cards with honest wear or moderate to heavily toned cards. I also always consider a card with such things as tape residue ect. I do however draw the line at paperloss and because I broke my own rules, I take full blame for this transaction.