NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default More of the same from PWCC's customer service

Auction ended 10:30 pm Wednesday night and the card arrives in my mailbox across the country on Saturday morning. Unreal. Best customer service in the business.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Not to detract from PWCC, but there are plenty of guys on ebay who ship priority on the day following an auction. In my experience it's the norm, really. Hardly "unreal" IMO.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-10-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

LOL...Yeah absolutely nothing special here. ebay requires all sellers to ship within 24 hours of payment being received. It is one of the many things we have to do to maintain a 20% discount on fees.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

I think maybe what he is referring to is the sheer volume Brent ships out and to do that within a day is better than most?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
I think maybe what he is referring to is the sheer volume Brent ships out and to do that within a day is better than most?
LL Bean ships the next day too. My guess is they do a bit more business than PWCC. So what, honestly? Each business has the appropriate number of employees to be able to do that. Again, not to detract from PWCC which has excellent customer service, just questioning the suggestion that it's something special.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Jason S!m@nds

The average ship time for most auction houses is 2-3 weeks.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default More of the same from PWCC's customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
LL Bean ships the next day too. My guess is they do a bit more business than PWCC. So what, honestly? Each business has the appropriate number of employees to be able to do that. Again, not to detract from PWCC which has excellent customer service, just questioning the suggestion that it's something special.

No, I totally get what you're saying and I agree with you 100%. I was just trying to get an understanding from the OP's view with my post.

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 09-10-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
The average ship time for most auction houses is 2-3 weeks.

I got my Huggins and Heritage winnings in a matter of days.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
I got my Huggins and Heritage winnings in a matter of days.
Heritage didn't ship my card until two weeks after my e-check cleared. Huggins, on the other hand, shipped my card the day after my check cleared.

The difference in customer service is like night and day for these two AHs.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Not to detract from PWCC, but there are plenty of guys on ebay who ship priority on the day following an auction. In my experience it's the norm, really. Hardly "unreal" IMO.
+1
Old 09-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
In my experience I rarely find that the norm from individual sellers. I often get a tracking number, then several days of nothing until it shows dropped at the post office several days later.

It seems like eBay can be tricked by adding a tracking number within 24 hours and then taking your sweet time taking it to a post office.

Not arguing, but I can see Steve's point.

I think price point affects this depending on your usual purchase. If I buy an item over 100, the sellers tend to speed it up. Sub 100..my experience is a week and a half at least on average, sub 20...add another week and a PWE.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 09-10-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
LOL...Yeah absolutely nothing special here. ebay requires all sellers to ship within 24 hours of payment being received. It is one of the many things we have to do to maintain a 20% discount on fees.
PWCC does a good job. Im assuming the poster had a better experience with their shipping versus someone else. Thus maybe its special to him but not to others.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
PWCC does a good job. Im assuming the poster had a better experience with their shipping versus someone else. Thus maybe its special to him but not to others.
Never wrote that Brent does a bad job just pointing out what Brent does in regards to shipping is what many seller's on ebay do to maintain their Top Rated status. It is the norm on ebay, not the exception.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

1. I think its amazing a sport card selling outfit can move 10,000 or more pieces out the door the next day, less than 12 hours sometimes, after an auction ends. I realize LL Bean and countless others do this everyday. As does Amazon. But I have had such crappy customer service from some mail order type outfits it's amazing. Postcards about delays, lousy packaging, phones that are never answered, etc. I'm guessing (could be way off) they have probably have 23-30 employees max. Must be some operation.

2. I am waiting on a few higher end auction house pieces -- good auctions houses I like a lot -- for like 17 or 19 or 23 or whatever days it is to get my items from them. Supernaturally slow in my mind. Maybe they should follow PWCC's lead and get some of the lead out if it's so simple.

3. You might be right that it's the norm on ebay. I'd say probably isn't the case, but close enough not to argue over.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-10-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:01 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Never wrote that Brent does a bad job just pointing out what Brent does in regards to shipping is what many seller's on ebay do to maintain their Top Rated status. It is the norm on ebay, not the exception.
My comment reflected what the sellers think as well..i noticed he again posted this

1. I think its amazing a sport card selling outfit can move 10,000 or more pieces out the door the next day, less than 12 hours sometimes, after an auction ends. I realize LL Bean and countless others do this everyday. As does Amazon. But I have had such crappy customer service from some mail order type outfits it's amazing. Postcards about delays, lousy packaging, phones that are never answered, etc. I'm guessing (could be way off) they have probably have 23-30 employees max. Must be some operation.

2. I am waiting on a few higher end auction house pieces -- good auctions houses I like a lot -- for like 17 or 19 or 23 or whatever days it is to get my items from them. Supernaturally slow in my mind. Maybe they should follow PWCC's lead and get some of the lead out if it's so simple.

3. You might be right that it's the norm on ebay. I'd say probably isn't the case, but close enough not to argue over.

It appears he does think pwcc is probably better than the norm but perhaps close, your experience may be different. To each their own

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 09-11-2016 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Auction ended 10:30 pm Wednesday night and the card arrives in my mailbox across the country on Saturday morning. Unreal. Best customer service in the business.
I find them great as well.

Won some cards the other night, waited for combined shipping, (which was great!) received and paid the next morning and my cards were shipped later that day.

Lots of cards were bid on and I only won a very small percentage of them so having the shipping fee figured out the next morning (bidding ended after midnight) and my cards shipped later that same day speaks volumes, imo, how well they have their act together!
Old 09-10-2016, 08:29 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

+1 I agree. deserving of a post. My non-PWCC buying, which I'll admit is on the smaller side, has not been near par with PWCC.

Some of the comments in this thread stating it's pretty normal getting cards in 24 hours after payment are funny.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Who talked about getting cards within 24 hours? I stand by my statement that I have received many cards in the same time frame as from PWCC, from many different ebay sellers. Paid night 1, card shipped day 2, card received day 4. It's the norm for me.

Greg mentioned SHIPPING within 24 hours. I don't see how that is funny, it's entirely accurate.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-10-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
+1 I agree. deserving of a post. My non-PWCC buying, which I'll admit is on the smaller side, has not been near par with PWCC.

Some of the comments in this thread stating it's pretty normal getting cards in 24 hours after payment are funny.
Not nearly as funny as misreading what I wrote...several times.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:55 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
In my experience I rarely find that the norm from individual sellers. I often get a tracking number, then several days of nothing until it shows dropped at the post office several days later.

It seems like eBay can be tricked by adding a tracking number within 24 hours and then taking your sweet time taking it to a post office.

Not arguing, but I can see Steve's point.

I think price point affects this depending on your usual purchase. If I buy an item over 100, the sellers tend to speed it up. Sub 100..my experience is a week and a half at least on average, sub 20...add another week and a PWE.
Then you are buying from the wrong people then. I ship FIRST CLASS the very next day during my lunch hour, and buyers are amazed at my shipping speed as well. It really isn't hard to do at all. We aren't talking about packing up a 12 string guitar. We are talking about a graded baseball card. Literally, it takes two minutes out of my life. It takes longer to go thru Ebay to print the label out than it does to pack the card.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 09-11-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Then you are buying from the wrong people then. I ship FIRST CLASS the very next day during my lunch hour, and buyers are amazed at my shipping speed as well. It really isn't hard to do at all. We aren't talking about packing up a 12 string guitar. We are talking about a graded baseball card. Literally, it takes two minutes out of my life. It takes longer to go thru Ebay to print the label out than it does to pack the card.
Well I have bought from you Robert.

...really I just buy a lot as my feedback is just about to flip 3400 received and 4500 left. I buy a lot and from a variety of sellers, so I think it's a cross-section. I admit, eBay has changed for the better on shipping speed over the past few years. In the early years, shipping speed was measured in weeks.

I love that the bigger power sellers are faster, as are those that do the right thing. I just feel it is not the majority yet. I do shop the spectrum on the 'bay also, as I buy everything from cards to toys and clothing (and actually the occasional guitar. ) so my opinion is based on that too. The card sellers are the fastest bunch IMO.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I also like the fact the larger card resellers on ebay have gotten very efficient at shipping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Well I have bought from you Robert.

...really I just buy a lot as my feedback is just about to flip 3400 received and 4500 left. I buy a lot and from a variety of sellers, so I think it's a cross-section. I admit, eBay has changed for the better on shipping speed over the past few years. In the early years, shipping speed was measured in weeks.

I love that the bigger power sellers are faster, as are those that do the right thing. I just feel it is not the majority yet. I do shop the spectrum on the 'bay also, as I buy everything from cards to toys and clothing (and actually the occasional guitar. ) so my opinion is based on that too. The card sellers are the fastest bunch IMO.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:53 PM
j.oe b.

Default Holy Cow !!

Seller Not PWCC. Purchased this card YESTERDAY. Received this afternoon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272354047886...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by jmb; 09-15-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: link
Old 09-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
Purchased this card YESTERDAY. Received this afternoon.

I received a card before I purchased it! Beat that!
Old 09-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
Purchased this card YESTERDAY. Received this afternoon.

Now that is actually worth posting about.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:08 PM
Neal

Not very happy about what their shipping fees. Paid $8 for first class on 1 card under $50.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:53 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster66 View Post
Not very happy about what their shipping fees. Paid $8 for first class on 1 card under $50.
There double that to ship up here, but at least they combine shipping on multiple lots.