NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Rick Seuferer

Default Ebates

Ebates is paying 5% on all Ebay purchases instead of usual 1 % in the Sports Memorabilia and Cards section. Free to join, will send money to Paypal or cut a check quarterly.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Dustin Bellinger

Do they pay out on Auction winnings or just BINs? If auction winnings is it just a matter of going through the Ebates app to pay for winnings or donbids have to originate through Ebates as well? Thanks in advance for the info.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Derek Granger

Default eBates

Love Ebates! If anyone isn't signed up, I'd be happy to get a referral bonus by asking you to join...!!

Anyway, Dustin, all you have to do is go through their website when bidding and/or buying. For auctions, simply place a small bid ($25) and they now have you on the system. Put your gavelsnipe bid of $1,500 and then you get the 5% back on the final sale/bid price.

So easy and so worth it! Combine the Ebates with eBay bucks promotions and you can save lots on purchases! Makes it easier to sell later w/ 10-15% fees when you have those sorts of savings from the Ebates and eBay bucks at the start!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 08-21-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:03 AM
Luke Lyon

Derek, are you saying that if you place an early bid, then ebates will recognize your snipe later on the same item? In other words, you have to do this with each item that your are sniping?

I just thought that snipes wouldn't get credit from ebates, but that is great news that there's a way to get it to work.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:10 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Thanks for the info Derek!

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:48 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Love Ebates! If anyone isn't signed up, I'd be happy to get a referral bonus by asking you to join...!!

Anyway, Dustin, all you have to do is go through their website when bidding and/or buying. For auctions, simply place a small bid ($25) and they now have you on the system. Put your gavelsnipe bid of $1,500 and then you get the 5% back on the final sale/bid price.

So easy and so worth it! Combine the Ebates with eBay bucks promotions and you can save lots on purchases! Makes it easier to sell later w/ 10-15% fees when you have those sorts of savings from the Ebates and eBay bucks at the start!
Not signed up, and seems interesting..with a 10$ welcome bonus. Referrals get 60$
I hear about this often now....seems too good to pass up.
So, you have to use the Ebates site, then search for Ebay on their site??
Then shop. And this works for Amazon and other sites on there?? Damn!!! Where have I been, under a rock???
So, if I go directly to Ebay, it wont work?? Am I right?

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 08-21-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Rick Seuferer

Correct.
Go to Ebates before you go to Ebay. Start a new "shopping trip". Any auction you place a bid and win or BIN you purchase you get the 5% back in cash. Make sure you go to Ebates before you pay. I'm not sure how long each trip lasts. Most of the time it's 1-2 % for Ebay. Do the same thing for the other stores to get whatever % they are giving. Did quite well at Macy's from my wife at Christmas.
QUOTE=pawpawdiv9;1575067]Not signed up, and seems interesting..with a 10$ welcome bonus. Referrals get 60$
I hear about this often now....seems too good to pass up.
So, you have to use the Ebates site, then search for Ebay on their site??
Then shop. And this works for Amazon and other sites on there?? Damn!!! Where have I been, under a rock???
So, if I go directly to Ebay, it wont work?? Am I right?[/QUOTE]
Old 08-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Nick Barnes

Heck, I don't even have to go to their site, I have the ebates button that pops up every time I go to one of their sponsored sites and I just have to confirm my shopping trip is starting and I'm good as long as i don't log out.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I read thru their site and other stuff.
I use Kaspersky for protection...I read I have to enable their cookies as it may cause issues.
That's the only thing I see a problem with.
I also checked on payments and when to expect the check or direct pay to paypal.
Just call me thorough on this new idea. Just not have pushed the button on the idea yet.
edit: I did read about that 'button' thingy as well

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 08-21-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:16 PM
M1ke Ant1$ta

what Nick said. Once you sign up install their add-on and a little window will pop up on every site that has an ebates deal. simply click it, shop and pay and you will get whatever % they are offering for that site, which changes. eBay has been giving 5% on sports collectibles and memorabilia for at lest 2 weeks now. can't beat it especially of you also getting bonus ebay bucks.

I have been able to get about $400 worth of free cards over the past year or so just by using eBates on all of my online purchases.

Mike

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates - save $$$
on online purchases including cards on ebay. I have saved over $700 so far which = free cards!

www.ebates.com
Old 08-21-2016, 05:48 PM

how long does it take for the rebate to show up your cash back balance?
Old 08-21-2016, 06:36 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrab View Post
how long does it take for the rebate to show up your cash back balance?
depends on the site you go to, but generally I've got mine in less than 24 hours. Pay out is every month i think (but don't hold me to that) and goes right to my paypal
Old 08-21-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
depends on the site you go to, but generally I've got mine in less than 24 hours. Pay out is every month i think (but don't hold me to that) and goes right to my paypal
ok i just bought something and it doesn't show up in my account. just hard to tell if it worked! Patience I guess! Is the 5% just temporary? Thanks!
Old 08-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
ok i just bought something and it doesn't show up in my account. just hard to tell if it worked! Patience I guess! Is the 5% just temporary? Thanks!
the 5% depends on the site, and the promotions ...etc I have been getting around 5% on ebay buying cards lately, but before it was only 3%... but hell, FREE MONEY!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Be patient my friend.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 09-14-2016, 04:09 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Ebates worked for me on a pretty significant (to me, at least) auction win on Sunday. I put in an early bid, won the auction with a snipe in the closing seconds, and Ebates recognized the snipe.

I was a bit disappointed that it was only one percent cash back, but free money is still free money. When I went through Ebates to put in my original bid, it looked as though a card bought on Ebay was going to be two percent cash back. Like I said, a few dollars is still better than nothing.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Bry@n

I started using Ebates this year -- I haven't installed the button as I don't like adding extra stuff to my browser. Instead, I go through the Ebates site to open Ebay (I probably ought to get over it and install the damned button!).

Anyway, it has worked great so far. For snipes you can also open Ebay through Ebates, go to the item, and then use that link to paste into your snipe software. Sometimes you have to actually ask Ebates for your money (not just for snipes --- I keep a list of what should have showed up vs what is actually there and have had to point out that they missed several items) but they have approved every request I have submitted.

I am also happy to take some referral bonuses, so if you want to start you can shoot me a message too!
Old 09-18-2016, 05:17 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmrsport View Post
Correct.
Go to Ebates before you go to Ebay. Start a new "shopping trip". Any auction you place a bid and win or BIN you purchase you get the 5% back in cash. Make sure you go to Ebates before you pay. I'm not sure how long each trip lasts. Most of the time it's 1-2 % for Ebay. Do the same thing for the other stores to get whatever % they are giving. Did quite well at Macy's from my wife at Christmas.
Thank you so much for this tip! Once upon a time, the sniping program I used had some kind of backdoor way to accrue cash back through a similar program to ebates, but that went away some time ago, and I figured I could only do it on BIN's or manual bids. I tried your suggestion of the early bid through eBates followed with a last-second snipe though, and it worked! And not just with gavelsnipe, but with my other preferred sniping service as well (tried it with both). It will be nice to get an extra % back on my purchases from here on. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I just purchased something today through the eBay app but I have not paid for it yet. There is an eBay bucks promotion going on where you get 8% back through the app and 6% back if you purchase through the website. How can I combine the 8% through the app and ebates? I purchased the item on the app after opening an ebates shopping trip, but I'm not sure it actually took. I have not paid yet. If I open another shopping trip and pay through the regular eBay website, will I get the full 8% and ebates cash back? Or should I just do everything through the app and keep my fingers crossed and file a claim if ebates doesn't work? Thanks
Old 12-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

I've been able to open the eBay link on Ebates before making a purchase. Then pay for the card using the app for 8%. Works so far!
Old 12-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I just checked mine, and it says up to 2% cash back. So I guess the 5% thing is finished. Also, it says you can shop Kohls, Walmart, etc. Do you have to buy online to get the percentage back? Or can you buy in store and get the percentage back?

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:44 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

I have the app. and sometimes it is for online shopping only and other times it is for in store. If you go to the website it will let you know what is available.

Last edited by jb67; 12-20-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Thanks. I'll check it out. I won't be using the App. I can't stand Apps and try to stay off my phone as much as possible with the exception of texting and phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb67 View Post
I have the app. and sometimes it is for online shopping only and other times it is for in store. If you go to the website it will let you know what is available.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I no abla apps yet, but 2% helped a little...twice what the 'bay pays...so I'll get 3% -eventually - wow.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 12-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Takes up to 3 days to show in your account....

Last edited by Leon; 12-21-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Closed Thread