NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Tony Gordon

Default 2-Year Anniversary Card Show Milwaukee Sept. 3

Come help me celebrate the Second Anniversary of my card show at the Clarion Hotel, 5311 S. Howell, in Milwaukee, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, September 3, 2016. I have a real nice vintage dealer line-up for this show! A big thank you to Leon for letting me post my show info here and to all the Net54 members who have visited my little show these past two years.

Tony Gordon
www.fatdaddyssports.com
Old 08-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Tony's show

I have only set up at one show so far this year, but I will be at Tony's show on Saturday. I am bringing a large assortment of items, from photo's, magazines, vintage baseball, football, hockey, and non-sports, plus a few Goudey's and Diamond Stars and a few other pre-war cards. I will also have my usual boxes of 10 cent, 25 cent, and $1 cards for the people who love to dig through boxes like I do. I will also have cards from the 70's, 80's, and newer.

I am looking forward to talking to other dealers and customers, and maybe I can pick up a card or two for my collection and if I am lucky, I may even make more money than I spend.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:41 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I know I am late to the game but I had a chance to stop by this show real quick as I was bringing Rick (buymycards) some cards to complete a deal. While I could not stay I will certainly be back when I have time as there were some quality dealers and nice cards there...not to mention free pizza for everyone!

As for Rick, he and his wonderful bride greeted me and could not be more gracious. He even felt our deal was not good enough and threw in a rather nice card to the deal after I said I had an interest in '33 Goudeys. Although I suspect he was just trying to hook me into the Goudey set so I can become a good customer of his! LOL Thanks again Rick and we will be in touch!!
Old 09-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Tony's show

Tony puts on a first class show. The room was full of dealers, and we had a steady stream of customers right up until the end. Free coffee, free donuts, free pizza, and Tony was giving free packs of cards to customers.

I met Andrew in person for the first time, and it was great talking to him. He took the time to drive to the show to deliver some cards from a deal that we had made.

If you are in the Milwaukee area, check out Tony's show.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:34 AM
Tony Schaefer

Default Tony's show!

I'm happy to vouch for Tony; he does love pizza and donuts!

While I haven't set up at this show yet, I've known Tony for years and set up with him in Cinci, St Louis, and Chicago...shared a booth at the National. He's a great guy and a valued friend I met through the hobby. And he writes an entertaining blog too!

Congrats on the two-year anniversary!

-other Tony

eBay: im-a-monster

Facebook: Monster Cards - Fun stuff, new inventory, random thoughts

Instagram: Monster Cards - New inventory almost every day

Twitter: Monster Cards - When I can find something witty to say
Old 09-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Chris Wood

Default Tony deserves kudos

While I haven't attended one of Tony's shows (tough commute from the west coast) I feel like I have, from reading his blog for the last year or so.

Despite not knowing me from Adam and without any personal benefit, Tony kindly referred me to a fellow collector who assisted by selling me something off my want list. Not a big ticket item but I was happy to get it.

Thanks Tony! Our hobby can certainly use more like you.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Tony Gordon

Wow! You guys rule!!

My next show at the Clarion, 5311 S. Howell, Milwaukee, is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, October 1, 2016.

I can't say how much I appreciate the kind words -- right back at you! It is a pleasure to know guys who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

FYI -- I'm setting up this Sunday, September 18, 2016, at the Gonzaga show in Milwaukee. If you live anywhere near Milwaukee and have never been to the Gonzaga show, I highly recommend it. The show is sponsored by the Wisconsin Sports Collectors Association and has been held monthly since 1975. Stop by my table and let's talk some cards!!