NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Default baseball research help

Posted By: Andy Cook

Does anyone know what year(s) these players played for the teams listed, or if in fact they ever did (should be around 1914-16ish)? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy

Bill Chapelle - Brooklyn (not sure if Fed or NL)
Larry Chappel - Cleveland
Jack Dunn - Baltimore
Tim Jordan - Ft Worth or Toronto
Joe Kelley - Toronto

Old 05-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

No listing for a Bill Chapelle in the majors.

Larry Chappel: 3 games for Clevland in 1926

Jack Dunn: must have been with Baltimore as minor leaguer. No stint with them in the NL or the AL when they had MLB teams

Jordan: Can't help with minor legue teams

Kelley is easy enough, 1912, since he appears in the c46 set.

Jay

Old 05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom L.

Jack Dunn played with Baltimore (AL) in 1901 (previously with Brooklyn)

Took over as player/manager of the Eastern League (later International League) Orioles in 1907. Ended up buying the team from Ned Hanlon, and served as owner/manager until he died of a heart attack in 1928.

Tom

Old 05-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin O

Bill Chapelle played for the Brooklyn Tip Tops in the 1914 Federal League. I'm pretty sure Larry Chappel's cup of coffee with the Tribe was in 1916. There is a record of a Jack Dunn playing nine games with Baltimore, but that was in 1901. Jordan retired from the Superbas in 1910 due to injury, so it's unlikely he appeared on a later card as a player. As Jay said, Kelley is in the c46 set.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Finally found Bill "Chappelle". I could have sworn I looked it upw ith too p's too, but missed it. He was 4-2 for Brooklyn and had been out of teh majors for 5 years prior to joining the Tip Tops.

Jay

Old 05-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Cook

Thanks for the help on the players I listed to start this thread. I have a few more I'm trying to learn more about. A little background, I'm obsessed with the T213-2 set (anyone have some they'd like to trade, I need about 40?) and I'm just doing research on the players and teams. I'm stumped on these, again I'm trying to figure out what year(s) these players played for the listed teams. Thanks,
Andy

Billy Campbell - Browns (I believe the closest he came to the Browns was playing for the Cards in 1905, his last year in ML was 1909)

Ed Summers - Brooklyn Fed (note his last ML year was 1912 and then he went to the minors, I can't find any record of him playing for the Brooklyn Feds)

Harry Krause - Omaha
Admiral Schlei - Memphis
Boss Schmidt - Mobile
Gabby Street - Nashville
Bill Sweeney - Red Sox
Jeff or Ed Sweeney - Richmond
Jack Warhop - Cardinals

Old 05-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Administrator

There is a Rudolph "Rudy" Sommers (Summers) listed on the Brookfeds roster.

Got nothing showing Billy Campbell with Browns

There are 3 different Bill Sweeney's, but I assume you mean the one that played from 1907-13. He never played for the Red Sox, only the Braves.

Warhop spent his whole career with the Yankees.

Can't help with the minor leagues. My research material in that area is very limited.

Jay