NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Paul

Default USPS Horror: Phantom Delivery Confirmation

So I purchased a few cards from a board member, who shipped them Priority USPS with tracking and delivery confirmation. Seller is totally reputable with several prior transactions. USPS says the cards were delivered on March 4 at 11:16 am. Only you'll never guess.....

They never got delivered!

Did a Google search and am further sickened by the number of people who got "delivery confirmations" without ever getting their items -- or their items were severely delayed beyond the date of delivery confirmation.

Apparently I'm at the whims of the postman with his electronic delivery clicker.

I'll keep y'all "posted", but it doesn't look promising...

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Dave

Do you have a secure area to deliver packages? Did the tracking information say "out for delivery?" on the day it was delivered.

There have been plenty of cases recently of thieves following delivery vehicles and ripping off packages left on people porches.

Had a severe case one town over from me this last Christmas.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Jeff

Hope it works out for you. Its happened to me 2 times, and both times my package was delivered to a different house on my street. Im at 126, and packages were left at 226 and 129 on my street. Both sets of people were nice enough to turn over the package to me.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Tony N.

Default Usps

I'm currently going through a similar situation with USPS. I ordered an item on Ebay on March 10th, and it was shipped out from Maryland on March 11th by DHL. They then turned the package over to the USPS in Secaucus NJ on March 13th.

It hasn't moved since then. I contacted the seller, and he said it's insured, and I can have another one mailed out after 30 days, or he'll refund my money in full, I'm not worried.

About a year ago, I kept track of one package online from the USPS, and it said delivered at 5:30am. Out mailman always comes around 1-2 pm each day.

When I questioned him about it when it did get delivered, the mailman stated that he scans the package as delivered when he loads his mailtruck in the morning. He had me in a panic for a few hours, I can tell you that.

Tony
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Matt Hall

I've learned my lesson with the USPS. If it's something I don't want to lose, I put insurance on it. A few Christmases ago my dad sent me some of my late grandfather's coin collection in two boxes. My step mom didn't insure them. The temporary holiday fill-in mail man knocked on my door and handed me one box. I asked him where the other one was and he just shrugged. It had to be stolen by someone at the post office. The boxes were heavy and some of the coins were loose in boxes. I could hear them rattling around in the remaining box. I'm sure someone else heard the same thing.

I don't trust the post office at all. If I send a card without insurance, I am prepared to refund the buyer if it doesn't get there. Your seller should do the same if the card doesn't show up.

-
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Good Luck and I hope the issue gets resolved. This has happened to me twice in the past. Once, the tracking info stated delivered, but the package was not in my box. My neighbor received it by mistake and was on vacation. He brought it over when he returned. The second time, the tracking info never stated delivered, but was "out for delivery" for over a week. I kept stopping by the Post Office after work, but they had no clue and told me it was probably returned to the sender for some reason. Eventually it was delivered one day. I received a call from the Post Office. Apparently it got stuck between some seats in mail truck.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM

While at my mom's house in the middle of the woods, Florida, I had a packaged delivered that said online it was delivered one day, back at the post office the next day. This backwoods town of less than 4,000 and a post office the size of a Fotomat kiosk told me that the reason the package was back at their office was that I put it back in the mailbox with the flag up to take it back, and they stuck to that story. The problems with that story were:

They told me one day that they talked to the mailman and he was out on the road and would check to see if he brought it to the wrong house PROBLEM: It was already back at the post office

Hours later they said that I put it back in the mailbox with the flag up. PROBLEMS:
1) Never got it in the first place

2) My stepfather doesn't trust his mailman and has NEVER mailed anything from the box in 9 years of living here. He works in town next to a reliable post office

3) The mail here didn't come that day until 130pm and the package was back at the post office before noon.

4) We didn't get the mail until 3:30pm the previous day, six hours after the supposed delivery time noted online

All of this was online and we were on the phone together looking at the times and going over it. When he called around 6pm the first day, he said the driver just brought it back and maybe it "will circle around to me" to next day. That was after I explained all the flaws in his story

The next day he called me and said it will be delivered that day and reiterated the same story from the day before. The mailman thought I didn't want it because it was in the mailbox with the flag up.

What really happened was they delivered it to the wrong house and those people brought it back to the post office.

People use their own beat up vehicles at this place and once a car caught on fire and all the mail was lost. The current delivery person, has what looks like an 85 Toyota pickup with multi-colored strips down the side, probably done by spray can.

Moral of this story is, it was probably delivered to the wrong place and hopefully someone returns the package and fixes the mistaken delivery
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Manny
Banned

I used to live in an apartment building with no doorman or secure area to leave packages. One time I ordered a card from eBay and the tracking number said "delivered." I looked in my mailbox and near my door and there was no package. I was scared to death because this was a $300 card.

It was then that I started knocking on my neighbor's doors. All the residents near me said they didn't see anything.

I thought I was screwed out of $300 (no insurance). It was a horrible feeling.

About an hour later I decided to give it another try and I knocked on the building manager's apartment upstairs. I told him there was an important package that may have been misplaced. He told me he'd look around and see if he could find it.

Finally, later that night, he knocked on my door and he said that they delivered my package to the wrong apartment and handed me the package. He told me the neighbor who received the package dropped it off at his door.

I couldn't believe my luck.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
qu@n nguy3n

don't google usps delivery confirmation, because you won't be able to sleep at night and will turn into those people on doomsday preppers.

buy your mailman something nice for christmas and make sure he knows your name if you receive alot of packages...and then still pray to the god you believe in. USPS is still the best and most reliable, i just learned yesterday it only costs $13 to ship express mail through ebay for a flat-rate envelope. that's a steal these days and if they're late you get a refund!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Paul

"don't google usps delivery confirmation, because you won't be able to sleep at night and will turn into those people on doomsday preppers."

+1

I always have cards delivered to my office, which is required to log all incoming packages of employees. Never had a problem and I've known the mailroom guys for over 10 years. They looked at their log for that day and confirmed the mailman didn't deliver anything to me that day. And nothing under the tracking number.

I'm guessing it got scanned as delivered as it went on the truck and then didn't make it to my office because it either got delivered someplace else or fell through the proverbial cracks in the system.

BTW - Seller offered a full refund, but I refuse to take it. I didn't ask for insurance and the USPS says that I got it.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 03-19-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Steven Finley

I use a P.O. Box for this reason. It's helps that I live in a small town and have a good relationship with the post lady who runs the office. (Not that good.) She knows what I collect and sell and is kind enough to not even put bubble mailers in my box because she doesn't want to inadvertently damage something. This means that I have to get there during business hours if I have a package incoming, but I'd rather have to do that then the alternative.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Joe

It's happened to me twice in the last few years. Delivery conformation but I never received the packages. 2 out of 100's. I guess that's not too bad a record. Still sucks not to receive those two though.

Last edited by 2dueces; 03-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Tom Boblitt

I'm a homer but..........UPS Store mailboxes are about $15/mo. You can have packages from any carrier delivered there because you have a real street address. PO Boxes are cheaper but you can't have FedEx, UPS or DHL deliver to them. ONLY post office. In addition to the deliver perks, you can actually call the UPS Store and they'll tell you if you have mail in your box or not. And they're always there typically from 8-8 M-F and about a half day Saturday. They sign for everything and you have a record. Plus they actually get to know you. Had one since 2000 or so. Oh, yeah, and I had a UPS Store for about 3.5 years of that. I know Rob D has (or had) one too.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Mr. Adkins sent me a M Brown Chicago on shirt for my daughter melodys collection and it never arrived. It's sad how much of our stuff disappears thanks to the PO

Member since 2009
Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM

as an ebay seller i have been having the other problem. i have dropped off packages at the post office or had driver pick up and the packages have not been scanned. i have had 2 customers in the last month screaming at me, calling me a liar saying i have not mailed packages, when i know i did. once delivered, the tracking number just shows the delivery date. i had a package leave ohio the day after mlk day, the first thing that showed on the tracking was delivered branson, ms on 2/5. why have delivery confirmation if it is not used properly?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I've had three problems with the USPS lately. The first one the card was delivered from Michigan and after a transfer to the next location, it just stopped. I called those locations and had no luck. 61 days later, it shows up at my house in Connecticut with no explaination. The second problem I had was the tracking showed a package was delivered but I never got it. I'm sure someone else got it since i'm always getting mail of others. Third problem was for a missing postal money order. Had to cancel it and wait 60+ days for a refund and still had to replace it with more money out of my pocket before I got the refund so I payed double for about two months.

I hope it works out for you.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

I feel lucky to live in a small town of 800 people. I actually live 4 miles out in the country, but I know every single person at the post office (all 4) pretty well and never a problem. On the other hand twice rather than come up my driveway FedEx has left packages balanced on top of my mailbox 150 feet from the house. Once in the rain. Luckily no damage.

Last edited by deadballfreaK; 03-19-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Default One of my confirmed went to a neighbor

A while back I had a package confirmed (which I could see thru Ebay) that I had never received.

Fortunately in my case ... it went to a neighbor's house ... and the neighbor walked it over 2 days after the "confirmation".

Love that the USPS confirmed delivery to the wrong house.

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 03-19-2013, 04:31 PM

I once bought some cards on ebay from a seller in Georgia to be sent to me here in Massachusetts. He sent the package with a tracking number, and next thing I know, the scan online showed the location as Puerto Rico. Fortunately, someone down there caught the issue and then sent it in the right direction. I got the package a few days late. Freaked me out to say the least.

Last edited by johnmh71; 03-19-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
I'm a homer but..........UPS Store mailboxes are about $15/mo. You can have packages from any carrier delivered there because you have a real street address. PO Boxes are cheaper but you can't have FedEx, UPS or DHL deliver to them. ONLY post office.
I once heard a postal employee talking to a customer about a PO Box and they offer a feature where you can use the post office street address for FedEx and other deliveries.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Jim R

I had this happen. Tracking says it was delivered and I never got it. I talked to the seller on the phone and he gave me a full refund.

3 months later it showed up. I contacted the seller and paid in full.

So sometimes it still works out.

Another time I had a batch of Hindus disappear after the package left the Philadelphia sort facility. A month later the group showed up on ebay and took 13 months to sort out. I finally got them back.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Same thing

My wife ordered something from Ebay not too long ago. When it didn't show up, she emailed the lady who said it had been confirmed delivered. Still nothing. About three days later, it was delivered. How they confirm it without it ever showing up is beyond me.

I always remembered going to the Post Office years ago and seeing all the windows open, with people ready to help. Now, if there are five windows, you're lucky to get two people. At the Post Office by me, one of those two is very good... the other person is always perplexed by anybody wanting to mail anything. He scratches his head, then tries to hit the screen with his pen, which never works. He finally works out that he needs to use his finger to make the touch pad work. After the person pays, he then stares at the package for another 5 minutes, while plunking away at the screen with his pen (he's forgotten it doesn't work by now, then he finally reverts to his finger again). Then the package goes in a box, he wanders around a bit, then takes the next customer. It's pathetic. Where is Cliff Clavin? I want him back...even if he lost Jeopardy. I forgive him for the Three People Who Were Never In His Kitchen.

Take Care,
Geno

Last edited by HercDriver; 03-19-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

I always cut that strip off the top of the shipping label that says "eBay" on it. I feel like leaving that on is just inviting trouble.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
I'm a homer but..........UPS Store mailboxes are about $15/mo. You can have packages from any carrier delivered there because you have a real street address. PO Boxes are cheaper but you can't have FedEx, UPS or DHL deliver to them. ONLY post office. In addition to the deliver perks, you can actually call the UPS Store and they'll tell you if you have mail in your box or not. And they're always there typically from 8-8 M-F and about a half day Saturday. They sign for everything and you have a record. Plus they actually get to know you. Had one since 2000 or so. Oh, yeah, and I had a UPS Store for about 3.5 years of that. I know Rob D has (or had) one too.
Getting a UPS Store box was one of the better collecting-related decisions I've made. Whenever a package is delivered, I receive an email and text notification. There are three guys who work at the store, they've all been there at least four years, so the trust level is high.

The sooner a package of mine gets out of the hands of the USPS, the better.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc1909 View Post

Another time I had a batch of Hindus disappear after the package left the Philadelphia sort facility. A month later the group showed up on ebay and took 13 months to sort out. I finally got them back.
jim,

the philly hub seems to be a problem. i've had at least one package disappear there also.

also another one down in florida where my card would show up on ebay a couple months later.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default It ain't just the Post Office

A few years ago my son sent me ice cream for Christmas from a shop in Columbus, Ohio via Fedex with tracking to northern Wisconsin.

After three days he called and asked me if I liked it as it had been reported by Fedex as delivered.

I told him it had not. He could get no information from Fedex. A couple of days later I was out walking and noticed a parcel on a neighbor's front porch. I didn't know they were out of town. I went to check the package on their door step and it was mine.

The good news is that for 6 days the temperature had been below freezing and the ice cream was fine.
When shipping ice cream to northern Wisconsin in the winter, you do not need a lot of dry ice, styrofoam, Fedex, UPS, overnight shipping or priority mail.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I had a registered shipment from London go missing in the NYC post office or customs center. Very rare cards that I really wanted. Got a refund but...

I recently had two packages that I gave to the mailman show as delivered the day I handed them over...to me at my address. Both got to where they were supposed to go but it was touch and go there for a while.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM

Default Paul and the rest....

All these situations sound like A NIGHTMARE!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Doug Doremus

Default Same thing has just recently happened to me,

also from a reputable Net54 member with whom I've had past transactions.

Delivery was confirmed Feb. 19, but I'm still waiting....

Guess I'm lucky it was only two T206 commons.

Doug
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonincleve View Post
as an ebay seller i have been having the other problem. i have dropped off packages at the post office or had driver pick up and the packages have not been scanned. i have had 2 customers in the last month screaming at me, calling me a liar saying i have not mailed packages, when i know i did. once delivered, the tracking number just shows the delivery date. i had a package leave ohio the day after mlk day, the first thing that showed on the tracking was delivered branson, ms on 2/5. why have delivery confirmation if it is not used properly?
This is happening to me a LOT lately...I have about 300 packages a week that I drop off and it seems that every few weeks a whole load of my packages are not getting scanned at all. I also believe there are more than a few ebay buyers out there who get their item, but still decide to scam me because their package doesn't show as delivered on the USPS website. I almost never have a package lost that gets scanned into the system, but it's funny how many of those packages that don't get scanned seemingly never show up.

In January the USPS scanned over 100 packages that I dropped off as "DELIVERED"...I can't tell you how many ebayers emailed me in a panic that day.

I'm pretty sure my complaints about their crappy service is now the reason that they don't allow me to drop my packages off at the back dock anymore....they also refuse to pick up from my store because they say they don't have anyone on my route that can handle that many packages.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 03-20-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM

Default usps

I get a little worried about a lot of the recent stories I have read but I did have a card I bought off ebay from a somewhat reputable seller never show up. It was frustrating and the dc said it had been delivered...My fiance had purchased it for my birthday and tried to surprise me and was devastated. The seller was a jerk to her and unfortunately because the package said it had been delivered there was no resolution through ebay or the post office.

Usually my father in law is helpful about searching for lost packages through the post office since he works there. Now, the post office includes tracking on all packages and if you know someone who works there and are very nice, they just might look it up for you w/o having to pay for the dc#...not recommended though because you have to wait till there is a problem before you can do anything.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

This actually happend to me on monday. DC said it was delivered. But tuesday it was in my mail box. This is the 2nd time this has happend to be. But everytime it was just because the package was forgot in her truck. But everytime it was delivered the very next day.
Best of luck. Give it a few days. And also ask your mailman.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Has anyone had experience with receiving the insurance from a package that wasn't delivered even though there was a DC saying it had? I thought that from the PO perspective, if it says it was "delivered" (via DC) that you could not file an insurance claim since it was "delivered". Or can you file the claim but it is just a bigger hassle?

I was under the impression that the only "guarantee" of an insurance claim was if the package had signature confirmation and it was never signed (meaning it was never delivered).
Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Tom Boblitt

My post office will not scan my dropoffs in front of me when I go there. Therefore, I go there and do it ALL BY HAND. That way I have confirmation they've received them when I get a receipt. It is a pain in the arse but if you don't get a receipt scan, they can say you never dropped them off and then, whether or not they are insured, you're outta luck. Delivery confirmation is just that.....confirmation of DELIVERY. Not pickup, nothing intermediate like FedEx and UPS, who scan at all points along the way. SO....buyer beware. When you buy USPS services, know what you're paying for. By the time you add Delivery Confirmation (now called tracking) and insurance to a Priority Mail package, you may be able to pay FedEx or UPS an amount pretty close since it includes free tracking and $100 insurance on all packages by both. Again, I'm a homer, but it is what it is.

The USPS has gotten infinitely better than what they used to be though. Much of it is because UPS, FedEx and the passenger airlines carry MUCH of the Priority and almost all of the Express mail along with lots of the First Class letter mail. At least point to point. USPS drops off tons of mail here at UPS in Louisville and it goes to the airport wherever it's going and they pick it up. Along with some UPS packages and FedEx packages from our 'basic' service that the USPS delivers. There's a LOT of cross-pollinating going on.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
A few years ago my son sent me ice cream for Christmas from a shop in Columbus, Ohio via Fedex with tracking to northern Wisconsin.

After three days he called and asked me if I liked it as it had been reported by Fedex as delivered.

I told him it had not. He could get no information from Fedex. A couple of days later I was out walking and noticed a parcel on a neighbor's front porch. I didn't know they were out of town. I went to check the package on their door step and it was mine.

The good news is that for 6 days the temperature had been below freezing and the ice cream was fine.

When shipping ice cream to northern Wisconsin in the winter, you do not need a lot of dry ice, styrofoam, Fedex, UPS, overnight shipping or priority mail.
Graeters?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM

I had an expensive item shipped to my parents' house, because I live in a multi-story urban condo building where they just leave large packages in the open lobby. The shipper said the item was delivered and signed for, but my parents said they never signed for anything. It turns out the shipper delivered it elsewhere and someone there signed for it. Happily, the package was insured, the shipper admitted the error was theirs and I got my money back. Never saw the item though.

This is one reason to have signature confirmation, as when the shipper looked into the missing package they saw someone other than my parents signed for it.

That was several years back and the only time I lost a package like that. Stands out because it was an expensive item. I also once had a much less expensive item that got caught in the USPS service machinery-- literally, the package was returned 3 months late and the bubble envelope was mangled from the sorter. Luckily, it was a card in a double top loader and it was fine. I also once had an overnight package take 13 days, because the lady at the local USPS put the package in the wrong box. I knew her and she apologized. I remember telling the impatient guy in California "I swear, I sent it overnight like you asked. I'm not making it up."

Last edited by drc; 03-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Doug Chamberlain

I just had a strange one myself. 2 items I sent out 2 days ago and my neighbor knocks on my door with the 2 items in hand. She offered to re-mail them but I told her I needed to email the recipients of the delay. Out of curiosity, I checked the tracking info and it said that both items were dispatched to sort facility....but ended up in my neighbors' mailbox???
I've heard of "gremlins" before but always "in house"!!
Called the Post Office and my actual mailman called me back with apologies for possibly sticking them in my neighbors mailbox before gettin back to the post office.
Fine and dandy, everyone has had some mail stuck into your neighbors mailbox by mistake...that's being human. What I can't understand, and couldn't get an explanation for, was why did the tracking info say that the items were "dispatched to sort facility" about 3 hours after "acceptance" when they were actually delivered just down the street about 3 minutes after "acceptance".
Whoa...this is giving me a headache...if ya can't trust the US government...whoa...bigger headache!!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
they also refuse to pick up from my store because they say they don't have anyone on my route that can handle that many packages.
nice to know that their wages are paid for by packages that they process but they will not pick up packages because 'it is to hard' ie, not enough room in the truck. i have given up trying to get usps to pick up packages.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonincleve View Post
nice to know that their wages are paid for by packages that they process but they will not pick up packages because 'it is to hard' ie, not enough room in the truck. i have given up trying to get usps to pick up packages.
My sister-in-law took my packages to the post office yesterday and they are supposed to bring out carts to put them in (since they no longer allow me to drop them off in the back on the dock)....they made her put every single package into the drop box individually. Starting to really get fed up with this location. When I was working out of my home and used a different post office I never had a problem, all of the employees were friendly. This new post office near my shop is a nightmare.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Belltown Vintage

The only post office that ever gave me a problem was one in lower Queen Anne. If shipping from Seattle, avoid the place. They would not insure packages mailed in re-used USPS boxes. Their reasoning was so ridiculous that I can't even explain it in writing.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Doug Goodman

I fedexed a package with all the accountings & receipts from a tour to an address in Manhattan for delivery on Sept 11, 2001. According to the tracking system, it was in one of the buildings at the WTC when the planes hit.

I forget how long after, but it was eventually delivered to it's destination.

Doug

Last edited by doug.goodman; 03-22-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

I just remembered this one (kinda tried to forget it) and I'm not sure anyone can top it. About 8-10 years ago I got a letter from the USPS and it stated some of my mail had to be destroyed for health reasons. I had been expecting a $75 Frank Chance card that hadn't showed. I went to my local postmaster and asked what the deal was. He is a friend and said it's kinda on the hush hush but we had a guy who drove a mail truck who went nuts and and they figured out he wasn't delivering all his mail. They wound up searching his house and discovered piles of mail in his bathroom and there is no delicate way to put it. Let's just say he hadn't been buying Charmin. All mail was photographed I take it and destroyed unopened. Mine was not insured. I was literally SOL.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Tony Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadballfreaK View Post
I just remembered this one (kinda tried to forget it) and I'm not sure anyone can top it. About 8-10 years ago I got a letter from the USPS and it stated some of my mail had to be destroyed for health reasons. I had been expecting a $75 Frank Chance card that hadn't showed. I went to my local postmaster and asked what the deal was. He is a friend and said it's kinda on the hush hush but we had a guy who drove a mail truck who went nuts and and they figured out he wasn't delivering all his mail. They wound up searching his house and discovered piles of mail in his bathroom and there is no delicate way to put it. Let's just say he hadn't been buying Charmin. All mail was photographed I take it and destroyed unopened. Mine was not insured. I was literally SOL.
Hey - I think I saw this on Seinfeld!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

The guy was not one of our local mail carriers. He drove a truck between various distribution centers. I do remember seeing a large mail truck parked down by the river in the afternoon in a nearby town several times. Thought it was odd to be just sitting there. I always wondered if that was the guy.