NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Default Lladro porcelain figurines, I need advice!

Hello to all, my mother recently passed away and i need help and advice from you guys on these figurines. There are several and they are currently listed in the memorabilia (other sports) section. I am hoping some of you colleagues have other collecting interests besides baseball cards and memorabilia. These figurines are in pristine condition, untouched for many, many years. This is out of my realm, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Kevin

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 03-10-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hi Kevin

Hi Kevin
First of all very sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences.

Are you asking for info only,wanting to sell them or how to sell them or.....?

Thanks for asking before posting an off topic too. I think in certain cases, such as this and for every day board members, exceptions can be made. It is "collectibles" after all.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Scott Levy

I'm sorry for your loss Kevin.

Best,
S
Old 03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Leon- thanks for the inquiry. Yes, i need an avenue on how to liquidate them for my mother's estate. I was hoping that a net54 member would have knowledge in this hobby of which i am clueless. They have alot of sentimental value, but i need to sell them. Hope this post was not out of line- kevin
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Thanks alot scott.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Joe M.

Sorry for your loss. Do a search with google, lots of info. Also, do a search on ebay for completed auctions, that will give you a good idea of values.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 03-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Bill Hedin

Default Hi Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I'm very sorry for your loss.
My wife has a good amount of various Lladro figures such as the bride & groom from the top of our wedding cake, Snow White and some dwarfs, ballerina, etc..,
I've found the they sell well if you have the paperwork and original box.
I'm waiting for Pope John to be canonized (become a Saint) and then that one will go way up. Kind of like a player making the HOF!
If you have any questions, message me.
When selling on ebay or such, I can not stress enough that packing them ultra-careful and using insurance is a must! These are fragile!
Regards,
Bill Hedin
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Bill T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh3443 View Post
I'm waiting for Pope John to be canonized (become a Saint). Kind of like a player making the HOF!
Thanks, Bill. That made my day.

Bill
Old 03-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Sorry to hear of your loss.

a few years ago, my mom passed away and she had a few Lladros. when my sisters and I split the estate, I realized that I wanted the Lladro's and so did they. I searched ebay and eventually found the ones we had on ebay and I was able to purchase them. While they are not the ones my Mom had, I am glad that I was able to find the exact pieces and bring them into my home.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that Lladros are on ebay and do sell there.

Best of luck,
Old 03-11-2011, 07:35 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Kevin, I am very sorry for your loss.

I am currently going through the same process with a former business partner of mine. I am basically taking a multi-faceted approach as he probably has 10,000 items to liquidate.

The very highest quality items I am selling through auction houses.

The bulky items I am selling at a show.

The "tweeners" I am going to employ a kid I know to sell via ebay this summer. I am his church deacon and he is a history major with a good grasp on technology and some knowledge of baseball. It should be a good fit, but I have some built in advantages on that having sold via ebay for years. I am going to pay him hourly.

It has given me a new perspective on the clutter in my life.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Barry Arnold

Default lladro

Kevin,
my deepest condolences in the loss of your mother.
i don't know this figurine arena either but am pleased that quite a few here do and are helpful. When Bill H says 'message him', i'd do so, since i've found him to be a wealth of knowledge as well as a prince of a fella.

best,
barry
Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
David Goff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Hello to all, my mother recently passed away and i need help and advice from you guys on these figurines. There are several and they are currently listed in the memorabilia (other sports) section. I am hoping some of you colleagues have other collecting interests besides baseball cards and memorabilia. These figurines are in pristine condition, untouched for many, many years. This is out of my realm, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Kevin
Hey Kevin
Sorry for your loss. I actually sold some for my Grandmother in 2006 on eBay. She had several and only wanted to sell a couple at the time. They sold for just a little over $100. If I can remember, one for $110 and the other for $105. That's all she wanted to get out of them anyway. Hope this helps...