NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Default 1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: ChiSoxFan

I'm about ready to send my first batch of T206 cards to get graded by SGC. I was wondering when I submit them, if they believe one is a reprint, will it be graded as such, or will it be sent back as "ungraded - reprint"?

Thanks,
ChiSoxFan

Old 12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

They will not encapsualte it if they believe it to be a reprint.

One other note, if you would like them to encapsulate trimmed authentic cards, make sure you check the box at the top of the form to specify that.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ChiSoxFan

Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. That is what I thought would happen. Also, thanks for the reminder about the Authentic grade, I was planning on doing that also.

ChiSoxFan

Old 12-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Shawn Chambers

I would also add...show the card to the board. I'm sure it could be spotted as a reprint if it is and will save you the submission dough.

Shawn

Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

Guys , I assume the post above refers to SGC fixing that little check box on the form that approves SGC for grading as "A" Authentic?
When you print out the invoice to submit, the box mysteriously goes away.

I am still disturbed about the one time I tried to submit a card for grading.
The check box apparently disappeared upon printing, and I was returned an ungraded card with little explanation. I would have been satisfied with "A" in this case, although obviously a numerical grade would have been better.

I wasted 2 weeks and $40 on postage /insurance.

That was my first attempt, and so far my last at 3PG. I like the holders, but I don't like hassles like that.

Brian L
familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Cavagnaro

I just encountered the same problem with the "disappearing box". I contacted SGC and was told that they would slab the "Authentics" for free on my next submission. Also, I found out where the "bug" is located by doing some dummmy submissions. Apparently the "Authentic" box disappears ONLY if you check it off before checking off the grading tier box located just slightly above it. If the boxes are checked off in precise order than there is no problem...

Old 12-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

That's good advice..maybe I will try again. I am sure that they could create data validations (edits) within their software that would prevent this from happening...but the fact that they will make it right...makes them alright with me.

Brian L
familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Edited because by 9:00 AM Central, SGC had contacted me and resolved the situation.

Thank you Brian.