NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Alan Florjancic

Default New Member Intro....

Having joined over the weekend, wanted to introduce myself....I'm Alan, my alias is a carryover from my Wargaming days...

Collected cards as a youngster (I'm mid-40s), stopped around 1982 or so. Held onto my card collection, somewhere around 7000 cards mostly from the late 60s through '82. Most are in the 72-77 time frame if I had to guess. Favorite cards in my collection were two tobacco cards I picked up at an auction at a local baseball card show when I was a teenager. American Caramel E90-1 #62 Willie Keeler/Portrait Pink and a T206 #8 Red Ames/Hands over Head. I bought them because I thought they were really cool looking, not because I thought they'd be worth anything. I pulled out most of my 'good' cards and used to scan through them every so often, just for fun. Never thought about getting back into collecting, until....

I read Ty Cobb: A Terrible Beauty by Charles Leerhsen a few months ago. Got me thinking a lot about the dead-ball era and all of the legends from that time period. I then, foolishly, asked myself "I wonder if they sell t206 cards on eBay".......

And here I am.

I'm not looking to 'tame the monster', I fiddle around with the auctions looking for reasonable deals, which seem to be harder and harder to come by. My two main projects are to collect the team sets of the Cleveland Naps (my hometown) and the Chicago Cubs (where I relocated years ago). I'm a Cy Young away from finishing the Naps, but am unwilling to pay the high prices for one at this point. I can be patient. The Cubs will take a bit longer, although I just picked up 4 new ones at a reasonable price yesterday. I buy only graded cards at this point. Seemed to be the smarter thing to do. Second project is to pick up interesting players, both from a fame and infamous standpoint, using The T206 Collection: The Players & Their Stories as a guideline. Have picked up a few, my favorites are the Tris Speaker and Christy Mathewson. Would love a Cobb, but don't want to get divorced!

That's it. Glad to be here, if anyone has any good advice, always open. I'm sticking to the t206s at this point....
Old 07-20-2016, 12:01 PM

Welcome TBRO. I don't have any advice about T206s (I'll leave that to the folks here who know what they're talking about), but glad to have you around.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:50 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Welcome to the board and good luck in your pursuits!

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:01 PM
James

Welcome to the boards. I also enjoy collecting T206 cards.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/gemmin...seball#!page=2
Old 07-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Welcome Alan - check out BST for T206s

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 07-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Donato DiVecchia

Welcome, Alan.

Good luck on your T206 endeavor. You can tackle that set by working on small subsets first and before you know it you'll be well on your way to tackling the monster.

Donato

Nolan Ryan Topps Master Set: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistr...?s=192675&ac=1
Old 07-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A belated, welcome to the fray!~! Enjoy the journey...
Old 07-22-2016, 05:54 PM

Welcome. A T206 Wagner is coming up for auction in September. Why not go for it ?
Old 07-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Jonathan Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Welcome. A T206 Wagner is coming up for auction in September. Why not go for it ?
Now that would be the way to make a big splash!
Old 07-23-2016, 08:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Because he might not have 2M in discretionary income? Not a whole lot of folks probably do. I could afford it if it didn't have so many 0's in the value. Back to topic, there are a million ways to collect T206. Do what you like and Have fun!!

Last edited by Leon; 07-23-2016 at 08:19 AM.