NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Travis K

Default Need opinions on these Pre War cards

Hello all,

I admit I'm not an expert on Pre-war cards so I'd love any opinions on the pictures below on whether these cards are real or not. These are the best pictures I have at this time. Thanks for the feedback!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7637.jpg (20.3 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7638.jpg (7.2 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7639.jpg (8.6 KB, 484 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7640.jpg (9.4 KB, 478 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7641.jpg (8.5 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7642.jpg (8.6 KB, 477 views)
Old 06-19-2017, 02:21 PM
pete ullman

my money is on them all being fake.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:28 PM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
my money is on them all being fake.
+1
Old 06-19-2017, 02:46 PM
David Kathman

The Jackson certainly looks fake, even from this poor-quality picture. With the others it's harder to tell from the photos, but my money would also be on all of them being fake.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:50 PM
pete ullman

many times you'll see a few token commons(real) thrown in with mostly high buck fakes...in this case even the common looks fake!!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Like others have said, it's hard to tell from the pictures but they look fake to me. The Jackson looks like it's been artificially aged and the rizzuto's edges are too white IMO. Would love be to hear how you got them though.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Travis K

I don't own them at this point. Someone sent me these pictures and is trying to sell them to me. Strangely, he also has graded cards which made me wonder why these weren't graded. It all felt fishy to me.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:27 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

Fake. You can buy these magic beans, if you want. But chances are slim that any of them are going to grow into a beanstalk that's going to lead you to a goose laying golden eggs.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:38 PM
A.J. Johnson

The CJ's are 100% fake and the pictures he sent you look like they are purposely bad
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 06-19-2017, 04:01 PM

My opinion is ... if you can't tell these are fakes, then you have no business buying raw cards. You are only asking for trouble when you buy something you don't know.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:06 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
My opinion is ... if you can't tell these are fakes, then you have no business buying raw cards. You are only asking for trouble when you buy something you don't know.
Sounds harsh but totally true. Especially on cards of this caliber. If you wanna take a shot in the dark on a common t206 for $30 then okay but I'm sure this goon is trying to get you to shell out thousands of dollars. Better safe then sorry. I stuck to the slabs for a few years until I got more comfortable judging cards myself. Still not great at it but I'm glad I waited.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Travis K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
Sounds harsh but totally true. Especially on cards of this caliber. If you wanna take a shot in the dark on a common t206 for $30 then okay but I'm sure this goon is trying to get you to shell out thousands of dollars. Better safe then sorry. I stuck to the slabs for a few years until I got more comfortable judging cards myself. Still not great at it but I'm glad I waited.
I fully agree. I know my limitations and this is definitely where I tap out. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 PM

Quite often late to the feedback bag. If one card has a fighting chance to be real, it looks like (from the fuzzy-wuzzy photos) it would be the Cracker Jack of Stovall. Of course naturally that would make it the one card that would be real in the lot, and the most valuable amidst his high-falutin' but phony friends.

Brian
Old 06-20-2017, 06:09 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default pre war

I think most are alright , the others fine
Old 06-20-2017, 06:29 AM
Brendan Mullen

^^^^jerk
Old 06-20-2017, 07:48 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

And that is NOT DiMaggio's RC.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It was harsh . Harsh, when relatively harmless, isn't always bad. A virtual wake up never hurts. Coming here to get advice first was more than a lot of people do and was smart. There almost isn't a local show I set up at when someone doesn't bring me over what compares to monopoly money of a pre-war card....I can tell it's fake from 10 feet away, and usually before they hand it to me to look at. That being said it is a little more difficult to tell from scans or pictures (*sometimes) on the internet. Second opinions are always good....

btw, this very well could have been the age old scam of mixing in some good cards with some bad ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post

Last edited by Leon; 06-22-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:14 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
+1 are you going to create new post asking for advice every time you buy raw cards? Buy graded cards until you get the experience.