NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Heads up- problem with board member Jim Rogers, jrog007

Anyone doing any deals with jrog007, Jim Rogers, be very careful. I have left a message for him twice on voicemail, in the last 24 hours, and once in email. I have had no response yet. There is a potential problem with him having a board member's money and not responding about cards he should be sending. If anyone knows anything please email or call me. He was logged in yesterday, at 349pm, so he is around. Please don't send any money to him if you haven't already, until some explanation is given for a current, poor situation, that happened on the BST. There might be an explanation but one hasn't been given as of now. thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Rob G.

I'll have to confirm it when I get home but 6 months to a year ago I believe I had a few transactions with him with no problems. Hope all gets straightened out.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default member forever too

This person, Jim, has been a member for several years too. I do hope everything is alright. I can't understand why he hasn't responded to the buyer that sent money ahead of time, over a week ago, or to me. After a short period of time of no response, I feel it's my job to alert folks until we see what is happening. Again, hopefully everything is ok.....but like I said too, I know he was logged in yesterday so it's not like he had a catastrophic injury or something. (unless his priorities are really messed up)
Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM

Default is this the Jim Rogers in NC

if so, I've had good experiences with him; collects t205's presently and phone is 336 404 xxxx if this is same(I have two different jim rogers' in my files)

Last edited by Leon; 09-23-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: edited phone number out
Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by forazzurri2axz View Post
if so, I've had good experiences with him; collects t205's presently and phone is 336 404 xxxx if this is same(I have two different jim rogers' in my files)
I know Jim has had a lot of good deals on the board. I am just confused about this present situation. Also, please, please don't post phone numbers or other personal info on the board, unless it's your own information pertaining to yourself. (or the other party has ok'd it) ...I have everyone's day time phone number on file already and will help with it, privately, in these situations.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
I'll have to confirm it when I get home but 6 months to a year ago I believe I had a few transactions with him with no problems. Hope all gets straightened out.
Not that this has too much bearing on the present situation, but I have done over 10 deals with Jim, and all were perfect. However, none were done in the last 6 months I think.

I have also bought from him on eBay and recall at that time he had 100% positive.

I hope nothing has changed, as he was always top-notch with me!!!

Cheers,
Blair
Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM
MikeHealer

I've had the same experience as Rob and Blair. Hope all is ok with Jim.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
I've had the same experience as Rob and Blair. Hope all is ok with Jim.
Same here. Made a couple of trades with Jim, maybe over a year ago, and everything went smooth- I hope all is well with him also.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update

I had/have been in contact with 2 board members about not receiving cards from Jim. Those issues still have not been resolved. With what I know now, and the lack of communication on Jim's part, I have to believe he is committing theft. I understand he might be selling on ebay now too. ..JRG08, Jim Rogers, will be banned from this site as he has, according to 2 board members, stolen from them with no rebuttal from him. I had also left 2 voice mails previously, along with an email or two, and no response. Here is your friendly warning...I have advised one of our members to go to the authorities. Anyone that gets stolen from should do the same thing.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Andy Garden

This is most disappointing. I can't imagine what has happened that this would occur. I can only hope Jim would wake up and brighten this dim situation. At this point I doubt much good is to come from this. I can't figure out what might have lead Jim down this path? He had been such a great guy to deal with in the past.

Best,

Andy
Old 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default an email

Got this email from another member a little while ago....

"He promised the cards would be mailed tomorrow and claims to have refunded the other buyer from Net 54 that started the warning thread. I will let you know when the cards arrive."

Just wanted everyone to know. I would never want to give out erroneous information in a matter such as this. At the same time I feel a certain duty to let other members know of issues related to the board. I believe Jim had said he had been out of town for 3 weeks due to a death in the family. Hope all is well for him. His membership isn't revoked at the moment, not that that matters in the big scheme of life.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:11 AM
David R

Default Good experience

I have had several positive transactions with Jim, buying, selling and trading. I hope this all works out.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM

Just to let the board know, I was the person that was envolved in the Jim Rogers case. The total value of the sale was $1100.00 on cards I never received. The first $200.00 was paid as paypal money owed on 9/10 & the other $900.00 was paid as regular paypal on 9/14. I received from paypal the $900.00, but not the $200.00 I originally put out to paypal as money owed. Paypal does not insure on payment as money owed. I never received any calls or e-mails from Jim once I made the second payment. I received the paypal money after the 10 day waiting period. I still have not heard from Jim & I'm still out the original $200.00.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: Heads up- problem with board member Jim Rogers, jrog007

Quote:
"He promised the cards would be mailed tomorrow and claims to have refunded the other buyer from Net 54 that started the warning thread. I will let you know when the cards arrive."
They won't be mailed today. The Post Office is closed.

While I also wish Jim the best, I'm not sure I'd buy the "death in the family" excuse. Three weeks? if I were anticipating an extended absence, I'd be sure to take care of business before I left; or at the very least let my correspondents know that there would be a delay in completing the transactions.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 AM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

It seems fishy to me also. He was logged in twice on NET 54 since this thread started and has not responded to any of these allegations.
I am new to this website and I have had nothing but very possitive transactions with its board members. Unfortunately someone decided to take advantage of the trust that has been establised between these board members.

John PerrottA