NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Dave Foster

Default very telling . . .

They are a banner advertiser on this board, ballyhooing their auctions, but no response to the op??
Old 07-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Robert Williams

That's insane to me that with so many choices with auction houses and what not, that they feel the need to fleece their customers. Unfortunately, with so much competition, these companies CAN NOT do whatever they want like the old days. The cable companies are finding this out the hard way, courtesy of the cord cutters.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Paul Lehr

If it were me I'd kindly ask them to remove the excessive $32 "processing fee". IMO it's ridiculous to tack on a fee like that on top of the BP and shipping charge. If they agree great; and if they refuse you can still pay it if it's an item you can't live without and just chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on. I'd personally just tell them to get bent and keep the item if they didn't remove the charge. There are many other places, including AH's, to spend your money that will not nickel and dime you.

Last edited by LEHR; 07-22-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Scott Russell

All charges should of course be made crystal clear up front, but a lot of these smaller auctions that don't have their own platform have to pay a fee to the company that facilitates their online auction. They aren't pocketing this processing fee, a third party is taking it off the top.

Of course you could go to a live auction where everything is stated up front and there's an actual person right there to answer any questions you might have
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com
Old 07-22-2017, 03:22 PM

Scott-Other auction houses have the expense of developing and maintaining their auction sites. Saco also has no catalog so they save on that expense. Charging above the buyers premium and shipping seems egregious to me.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Scott Russell

Again I'm not really defending it, just saying that they don't actually pocket that particular charge, of course passing that charge on helps them be more profitable.
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com
Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 PM

For what it's worth I just checked my last invoice from Saco (not their most recent auction though) and did not have a processing fee. Just their 23% bp along with my shipping charge.

A bs fee like that is even worse than an auction being extended for every bud on their 200 items. I saw a certain auction house ending tonight who's extension time is 30 freaking minutes for the whole auction. I didn't even bother looking through their catalog.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Scott

Maybe the $32 charge is their rather vague 5% "Invaluable Fee"?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:16 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scocs View Post
Maybe the $32 charge is their rather vague 5% "Invaluable Fee"?
The "Invaluable Fee" is part of the Buyer's Premium which OP noted is separate from this nonsense processing fee.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Kin K.

There is a thread on page 3 where they post about their auction. Perhaps that would be a good place to ask questions in a public forum.

My card blog: I Feel Like a Collector Again

My Collector Focus page.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets & sebie43; ROAKs received from CW & LuckyLarry