NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Default Help with creating images for trading

Posted By: Jeff Schwarz

Hi. There are several collectors with awesome websites or images of their collections or for sale/trades. I have hundreds of cards ranging from Old Judges to modern cards that I would like to offer for sale or trade for the cards on our wantlist. "Our" refers to my Dad and I, not the royal "we". Since Dad is nearly 89, it will be me that sets everything up and works out the details.
For those of you with sites, who and what have you used to create your site? Please explain about ease of use, any costs, etc. I especially like Leon's site, as well as Frank Wakefield's, and many others. They seem very different, yet interesting in their own right.
Amy help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

Jeff,

I use ImageEvent. It costs about $25 a year, and it's much easier and cheaper than creating a site from scratch, which I've done on several occassions. I personally like the look of the ImageEvent site better than others, and it's simple to use. The only challenge I've had with it is loading images using the Firefox browser (the program sometimes crashes). I've had much better luck loading images using the Safari browser. I scan everything with a inexpensive flatbed scanner, and crop everything with Photoshop. Here's the site ...

http://imageevent.com/ccmcnutt

Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred Y

Just curious--RE: Those 148 images of 1950's-'60's SPORT magazine photos you have---

Did you cut those all out from the mags, or how did you accumulate them?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

I rely on Google's free Picassa software. I scan through it, upload to Picassa on-line through it and post images to placed like Net54 with it.

I use my Verizon FIOS account to publish my website.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

Fred,

I bought a huge lot of pages that were clipped from magazines. I scanned the best ones, and cropped them in Photoshop ...