NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 10:53 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
(O)ne of them even said "Biggest issue this country faces is getting people with antiquated values out of the way and gone,", which 2 more leftists then co-signed and +1'd. How would half the country be made 'out of the way and gone'?
Since the person you are falsely ranting about included an example about people on Florida school boards, it is obvious that he meant they should be VOTED out of the way.

Quote:
Can you imagine what would happen if a person who was not a leftist said this and expressed a wish for the deaths or removal of half the country?
I would imagine it would be the same as if a person who is a leftist expressed a wish for the deaths or removal of half the country. Fortunately, no one, other than you falsely claiming a member made the statement, has expressed any such notion.

Quote:
The level of anger, absurd accusations, sheer stupidity without any evidence whatsoever for their claims, and even violent wishes is going to get a response when they turn out, yet again, to be 100% factually wrong. All in all, considering the absurdist and violent claims, the responses in this thread are incredibly mild. Nobody has gone even 1% as far as they did.
The person you are falsely ranting about certainly did not exhibit any untoward level of anger or absurd accusations or sheer stupidity. But, you are surely filling that void.

Since you think the person who made the post you are falsely ranting about and those who +1 it owe you and others an apology, I think it only appropriate that you apologize to them for purposefully perverting what was actually written in an attempt to villainize them. Unless, of course, you can provide objective proof that the poster actually is wishing for the deaths or removal of half the country. I can also see you thinking you do not need to apologize to them if your objective was to “shovel a BS political narrative into non-political things and make grandiose claims free of any actual supportable facts” in order to smear a fellow member. In which case ... you succeeded.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:57 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
Someone: Basically says racism has no place in this country
This board: You want to remove all the Republicans?!
+1
Old 02-15-2024, 11:22 AM

Nice of you to drop in Mike, how’s the underground Climate Change survival bunker coming along?
Old 02-15-2024, 11:44 AM
Andy Wa.lko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Why do you think law enforcement, without even being asked, felt the need to tell the press that "it doesn't appear at this time to be related to race"?
Because they know that's the conclusion the media immediately jumps to in situations like this. It's a vicious cycle, a self-fulfilling prophecy. And yes I know it's not the point you were trying to make but the authorities are complicit as well. Why can't they just say "it's under investigation and we will get to the bottom of it"?

And the Fox News ad-hominems are so tired. There are plenty of us who don't watch Fox News, didn't vote for Trump, etc who are sick of all of this.

Last edited by hammertime; 02-15-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:51 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
Because they know that's the conclusion the media immediately jumps to in situations like this. It's a vicious cycle, a self-fulfilling prophecy. And yes I know it's not the point you were trying to make but the authorities are complicit as well. Why can't they just say "it's under investigation and we will get to the bottom of it"?
That is a good point. Controversial topics draw the clicks and views, that's for sure. And if the media coverage was the reason the obnoxious, angry people on this thread were so upset, I don't think the discussion here would have devolved to the extent it has. I think most reasonable people can agree that the outrage machine is out of control.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-15-2024, 12:33 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
delete (forgot it's Lent and I'm trying to be nice)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Very Christian of you!
LOL, sure is. I also believe in a cartoon Santa if that helps.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:30 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Nice of you to drop in Mike, how’s the underground Climate Change survival bunker coming along?
Now, now, Cliff. Everyone knows the climate crisis is real. We have droughts and floods so what further proof does one need?
Forest fires, maybe? Yeah, those for sure cement/confirm the climate crisis is upon us and if we don't act soon (again) we'll only have 7yrs to save the planet.
Record cold around the world too but that too is caused by global warming as I read that hear by a couple who can't explain it, but I believe them because thems edumacated folks wees are talking about here, nothing less.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2Q0V...FhczhhNjdmdTAy

Last edited by irv; 02-15-2024 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Brian Macdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Now, now, Cliff. Everyone knows the climate crisis is real. We have droughts and floods so what further proof does one need?
Forest fires, maybe? Yeah, those for sure cement/confirm the climate crisis is upon us and if we don't act soon (again) we'll only have 7yrs to save the planet.
Record cold around the world too but that too is caused by global warming as I read that hear by a couple who can't explain it, but I believe them because thems edumacated folks wees are talking about here, nothing less.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2Q0V...FhczhhNjdmdTAy
We in Canada pay a “carbon tax”.

That’s right, we pay tax on the stuff we exhale and the stuff that keeps plants alive.

Our local carbon tax will increase April 1st, after several previous increases.

And all gasoline, diesel, methane, propane, etc costs much more as a result.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:09 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrone View Post
We in Canada pay a “carbon tax”.

That’s right, we pay tax on the stuff we exhale and the stuff that keeps plants alive.

Our local carbon tax will increase April 1st, after several previous increases.

And all gasoline, diesel, methane, propane, etc costs much more as a result.
Remember when Trudeau used the Barrington Lake wildfire as his solid, undeniable token proof the climate crisis was upon us and if you didn't believe him, you were a racist misogynistic climate denier to the maximum max who shouldn't be tolerated?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IQsuchL85OQ
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-lake-wildfire
Old 02-15-2024, 02:24 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
And now the thread is complete

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-15-2024, 02:35 PM
Brian Macdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Remember when Trudeau used the Barrington Lake wildfire as his solid, undeniable token proof the climate crisis was upon us and if you didn't believe him, you were a racist misogynistic climate denier to the maximum max who shouldn't be tolerated?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IQsuchL85OQ
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-lake-wildfire
I do remember

And for our non-Canadian friends, our leader Trudeau is in the running for being the biggest climate hypocrite in the world. I suppose John Kerry, Bill Gates, Obama, the UN, most of Hollywood would be in the running. It really is a very competitive contest, so it seems.

Trudeau thinks nothing of flying anywhere in the world at a moments notice, mostly for personal reasons involving great luxury for himself.

And our streets have never seen such homelessness, addiction issues, and a general malaise and fear.

It’s really quite lothsome.

Last edited by byrone; 02-15-2024 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-15-2024, 02:48 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I do remember

And for our non-Canadian friends, our leader Trudeau is in the running for being the biggest climate hypocrite in the world. I suppose John Kerry, Bill Gates, Obama, the UN, most of Hollywood would be in the running. It really is a very competitive contest, so it seems.

Trudeau thinks nothing of flying anywhere in the world at a moments notice, mostly for personal reasons involving great luxury for himself.

And our streets have never seen such homelessness, addiction issues, and a general malaise and fear.

It's absolutely sickening what is happening to our country, and the U.S's, but some people still can't connect the dots, it seems, as to what party is vastly responsible for the majority of it.

How is Trudeau polling on the coast, or at least in your neck of the woods? I know the east coast has been largely a Liberal supporting area in the past but I am curious if that has changed now?

I don't know many here (I'm east of Toronto) that still like him but I can't speak for Toronto itself, also a known Liberal stronghold? The last poll I seen he was 1 percentage point below (3rd place) of our known terrorist, Singh, but that was a couple weeks ago now.

Heading out to snow blow/shovel some global warming off the driveway/walks ways, including my neighbors, so I'll chat in a bit.

Last edited by irv; 02-15-2024 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 03:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I do remember

Al Gore has to be on that short list.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Al Gore has to be on that short list.
Isn't he the guy that invented the internet?
Old 02-15-2024, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Proudly asserting from the beginning that there's no way this could be related to racial hate, as many in the troll brigade here did–also without a shred of evidence–is also jumping to a conclusion.
Who did that?

I may not have read every post across the 3 different threads, but everyone seemed to be at least open to the possibility that this was racially motivated. I did not see one person try to completely rule it out, because nobody knew for sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Who did that?

I may not have read every post across the 3 different threads, but everyone seemed to be at least open to the possibility that this was racially motivated. I did not see one person try to completely rule it out, because nobody knew for sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
In the Water Cooler thread I said that if I turn out to be wrong and it does turn out to be racial that I would be the first one to do a mea culpa, I also asked how many on the other side will do the same if they are wrong. I count zero in that column.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:38 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Who did that?

Perhaps I overstated that point. The OP in this thread started this dumpster fire with "as predicted...." and I'm fairly certain others made similar comments. I'll take your word for it though, since I'm not digging back through a bunch of hateful, vitriolic garbageposts by people who are now on my ignore list!
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-15-2024, 07:06 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Perhaps I overstated that point. The OP in this thread started this dumpster fire with "as predicted...." and I'm fairly certain others made similar comments. I'll take your word for it though, since I'm not digging back through a bunch of hateful, vitriolic garbageposts by people who are now on my ignore list!
Actually I did suggest that I felt it was a theft for the metal and not the racist incident you were praying for, you pathetic, race-baiting asshole. Which is why I wrote “as predicted.” That I felt the theft was due solely for the metal doesn’t make me a racist — it just makes you a race-baiting asshole for suggesting otherwise.

And I’m fairly certain you’re incapable of blocking me because this seems to be the biggest moment in your life.
Old 02-15-2024, 07:57 PM
Tony Colacino

Is anyone concerned about Leon? It's been several days and this thread is clearly political, and not beneficial to the discussion of pre-war baseball cards.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:05 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil View Post
Is anyone concerned about Leon? It's been several days and this thread is clearly political, and not beneficial to the discussion of pre-war baseball cards.
Sometimes Leon just lets us kids play in the sandbox banging our Tonka trucks together for a bit before he puts a stop to it, chalk it up to good parenting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 02-15-2024, 08:07 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

Possible he is like alot of us and thoroughly enjoying seeing some race baiters get their azzez handed to them repeatedly. "Thank you I'll have another"
Old 02-15-2024, 08:17 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

What a bizarre thread. Like those that hated Howard Stern, I still have to tune in to take a look I suppose. Seems like so many older white guys just seething. I guess this is a better outlet for it than other avenues.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
What a bizarre thread. Like those that hated Howard Stern, I still have to tune in to take a look I suppose. Seems like so many older white guys just seething. I guess this is a better outlet for it than other avenues.
What word would you use to describe this thread full of self loathing white guys who pray for and look under every rock for perceived white racism that they can get publicly orgasmic about? https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=345746
Old 02-15-2024, 09:23 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
What a complete and utter idiot you are. You also stated the same thing regarding me in the covid thread and since you haven't responded to one of my posts yet, I can only assume you followed through and put me on ignore like you said you would.

Keep this up, you thin skinned snowflake, and pretty soon you'll only be replying/playing pattycakes with the other two dingle berries that tend to follow you around like lost sheep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rooones1.jpg (35.7 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by irv; 02-15-2024 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:10 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Curious why this thread hasn't just been shut down... seems to me, once we get to the "you're a dingleberry" stage, it's just time to get back to talking baseball cards.