NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Yankee View Post
And last but certainly not least - non-vintage but a classic nonetheless - the game used lineup card (Arizona dugout) from Game 4 of the 2001 WS - the "Mr. November" game:
Photobucket
INCREDIBLE! Where did you land that from? Great addition, Congratulations! Tino's homer will always be at the top of my list in the moments of Glory!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

I collect only pennants - almost exclusively baseball - but this Eagles pennant surfaced at a flea market of all places. Never seen one this color (red/gray) before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eagles.jpg (71.1 KB, 362 views)
Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
R.J. Hinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
INCREDIBLE! Where did you land that from? Great addition, Congratulations! Tino's homer will always be at the top of my list in the moments of Glory!
Matt,

Thanks. Took me about 3 years of patience to land that from a fellow collector.

I was a Yankees season ticketholder at the time and attended all 3 home games in that Series. From The President and Clemens in Game 3 to Tino and Jeter in Game 4 to the O'Neill farewell and Brosius in Game 5 - that 52-hour stretch of baseball is near impossible to match up against from my perspective, even though the Yanks didn't win in the end.

R.J.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Graig Kreindler

RJ, I agree with Matt on that sentiment - a WONDERFUL piece.

Also, you're darn right about that Selkirk image - I'd love to get it to canvas!!

Graig
Old 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Yankee View Post
Matt,

Thanks. Took me about 3 years of patience to land that from a fellow collector.

I was a Yankees season ticketholder at the time and attended all 3 home games in that Series. From The President and Clemens in Game 3 to Tino and Jeter in Game 4 to the O'Neill farewell and Brosius in Game 5 - that 52-hour stretch of baseball is near impossible to match up against from my perspective, even though the Yanks didn't win in the end.

R.J.
Good things come to those that wait... Always easier said than done! You're right... The entire series will never be topped.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:00 PM

Default Eagles pennant

Love that Eagles pennant Greg! I collect Eagles pennants (as well as everything else Eagles related), and have seen that color version only once before, and unfortunately I found it after it had already sold. If that is a pennant you ever decide to sell or trade, I would have a strong interest in it.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 PM

My top find of 2011 is also the top piece in my exclusive LSU collection. An original 9"x44" panoramic photograph of the first game in Tiger Stadium, Thanksgiving Day, 1924. I am in the works of getting it licensed with LSU and reproducing it

Last edited by theantiquetiger; 12-31-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 PM

Since I really don't collect memorabilia I figured I could stretch the definition of find to include finding out something I've had forever was actually more valuable than I thought. I have a bunch of old glove contracts signed by the players only diehard old fans would know. They were cheap because the players were mostly one year guys so I bought them because they were neat looking(and dont forget,cheap). Well, I hadn't looked at them in years until a month ago and I just happened to notice one of the contracts had a witness signer named Sam Jones. It was a 1928 Grant Gillis contract and everyone knows he was teammates with Sad Sam Jones that year, 229 game winner. The other witness was longtime second baseman Jackie Hayes. All the other contracts have non-player signatures for the witness but this one was pretty cool to find out
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 01-04-2012, 02:41 AM

Default Four 2011 top pick ups

Lot of nice stuff on this thread....AntiqueTiger, I can see why that pano is your favorite, it's really something, congrats.

Mark Steinburg, I didn't know you got that Cy Young tin over 2011...congrats on that, they're rare!...and that duck web....looks like a primo example...you were really on the move...as usual!

Below are four top finds from 2011...I posted the history of the North British Golf Balls advertising clock on the December pick ups thread already since I received it the last day of 2011. I'm including a shot of it installed with my golf stuff...I managed to squeeze it in barely ...just got it up on the wall tonight and it's ticking away. I left a gap under it so I can put a little plaque that gives it's history.The Ratsch Peerless reverse painted glass sign was a National pick up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
Lot of nice stuff on this thread....AntiqueTiger, I can see why that pano is your favorite, it's really something, congrats.

Mark Steinburg, I didn't know you got that Cy Young tin over 2011...congrats on that, they're rare!...and that duck web....looks like a primo example...you were really on the move...as usual!

Below are four top finds from 2011...I posted the history of the North British Golf Balls advertising clock on the December pick ups thread already since I received it the last day of 2011. I'm including a shot of it installed with my golf stuff...I managed to squeeze it in barely ...just got it up on the wall tonight and it's ticking away. I left a gap under it so I can put a little plaque that gives it's history.The Ratsch Peerless reverse painted glass sign was a National pick up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Looking good there, Carlton!!