NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Mark

Default Any Info AVailable On Brooklyn Dodgers Badged Bicycle

A friend of mine who knows I collect both bikes and baseball brought to my attention that there was a Brooklyn Dodgers Bicycle. Does anyone Know any information on when and why they were produced? Or better yet does anyone have one for sale?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dodgers badge.jpg (5.0 KB, 388 views)
Old 05-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Mark

174 views and no opinions? you can see pictures of one of the bicycle on google images. Bike looks to be late 20's early 30's.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I have only seen the metal plates (like the one pictured below, from Hunt's). They come up for auction every couple of years, and are rare.

I don't know if there was ever a full Brooklyn Dodgers Bicycle, per se. These Metal Plates were probably made to attach to a bike, simply to show support for the Dodgers. So perhaps these plates were made as ornaments/accents which could be applied to any bike.... much like a horn, bell, reflector, tassels, etc.

Bike accessories were big back then. I know there is a Cleveland Indians Bike Reflector from the same period, and other Bike ornaments that relate directly to baseball.

Furthermore, a Google search does not turn up anything for a Brooklyn Dodgers Bicycle. So it may never have been manufactured as such...

http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/ima...=881&lot_qual=
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike.jpg (50.7 KB, 310 views)
Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Steve Birmingham

I found the original discussion here.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthr...or-Sale/page2&

They say pre 1933, and with metal clad wheels that sounds about right. Metal clad were typical from the teens to 20's. Some earlier, and as usual a few places used them later.

Sadly the pictures were gone. They talk about it having a tank (Not a real one, just a decorative one to make it look more like a motorcycle and leave a place for maybe a battery and lights or a horn on fancier models. )

Steve B
Old 03-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Mark

One of these badges showed up on hakes I chased it up to $400 and decided someone else wanted it more than me. Is it worth more as a baseball or bicycle item? I couldn't get the link to the hunts auction to work to see what it sold for.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Mark

Ok got the hunts link to work. Maybe the 1942 dodgers pin drove the lot price up. If someone on here got the lot for the pin let me know and I'll make an offer on the bicycle badge
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Rob

A D**gers bicycle probably breaks down every October. :wink:
Old 03-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
A D**gers bicycle probably breaks down every October. :wink:
+1
That was hilarious Rob.