NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2019, 06:52 AM

Default 1937 Goudey Knot Hole League

I stumbled across this set paging through my 3rd Edition Beckett Price guide and was immediately hooked. I've snapped up the 3 of these I could find on eBay, but based on the few sites I leverage for card knowledge, there doesn't seem to be much out there. I use Trading Card Data Base and this set isn't even posted there(it will be now)

I have attached in image of what the cards look like. I am hoping to find them over time, ungraded and built this out myself but did already buy 1 that was graded on e'bay as inspiration.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 5.50.40 AM.jpg (21.2 KB, 183 views)
Old 11-15-2019, 07:12 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Matthew Glidden knows a lot about this kind if thing. His blog is a great resource.

https://www.number5typecollection.co...eague.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 11-15-2019, 10:54 AM

Thanks Barry, that was me you bought one from.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Small World....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilly View Post
Thanks Barry, that was me you bought one from.
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of folks on our forum who don't ever post. And some of them are bigger names in the hobby. It never ceases to amaze me on how this forum has brought some folks together. Sometimes good and sometimes it's popcorn eating time.
Pictures are always good so here is the R325 from my first collection (no longer own it).

Last edited by Leon; 11-18-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:49 AM

Welcome and good luck with game cards. Leon is right, pictures are always good so here is one showing how they use the same text on the 1936 Goudey black and white cards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6EEA190C-A9EA-496D-BDD8-3DEE7046B0A7.jpg (21.3 KB, 52 views)