NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 AM

Default Public apology

In regards to my postings on BST ettiquette and specifically to fellow member Tony's new BST website (which is OUTSTANDING!).

I have seen the error in my thinking. Another person brought to my attention that its no different than being at a show in front of a dealer's case while the dealer and another customer are negotiating on a card. I simply have to wait my turn, and that was clearly the case here. My frustration at my inability to aquire the card when I had "cash in hand" got the best of my emotions, and I was wrong to rant the way I did. Sorry to Tony, and the fellow forum members here who had to witness my petty, childish behavior.

Phil

P.S.- As im not the type of guy to rant on the front page, and recant on page 23 the next day, I felt it was important enough to both post the above IN the actual thread of this subject, as well as a stand alone thread. My apology is as sincere as it gets. The "forgiveness" part is up to you.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Phil...no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
In regards to my postings on BST ettiquette and specifically to fellow member Tony's new BST website (which is OUTSTANDING!).

I have seen the error in my thinking. Another person brought to my attention that its no different than being at a show in front of a dealer's case while the dealer and another customer are negotiating on a card. I simply have to wait my turn, and that was clearly the case here. My frustration at my inability to aquire the card when I had "cash in hand" got the best of my emotions, and I was wrong to rant the way I did. Sorry to Tony, and the fellow forum members here who had to witness my petty, childish behavior.

Phil

P.S.- As im not the type of guy to rant on the front page, and recant on page 23 the next day, I felt it was important enough to both post the above IN the actual thread of this subject, as well as a stand alone thread. My apology is as sincere as it gets. The "forgiveness" part is up to you.
No worries Phil. Apology accepted here. We all have different ways we operate and many of us (who me?) are very passionate about our collecting. Your argument had some merit but is not the general way friends on this board approach the BST. That is not to say that some folks don't have your exact view, they do. The main thing as a seller, as was pointed out in one of those threads (by Barry) is to communicate. Believe me, if you are around long enough, and I hope you are, you will be on both sides of the equation more than once. Heck, with all of the stuff I do I am on both sides in the same day many times. Have a good one....best regards
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Barry Sloate

Phil- I saw your apology on the other thread. It was very thoughtful of you to come back and do so. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 AM

awesome phil.

standing up and saying you're sorry is admirable.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:24 AM
T0NY @

Hi Phil,
Apology accepted. I do appreciate that. Lets move on from here with nothing but good thoughts.
Happy Collecting Everyone,

Tony Andrea
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Nice gesture Phil! I have always respected folks who are willing to admit their flaws and are striving to correct them. A wise person will admits their wrong doings and never repeat them, a fool will sulk and stay silent.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
A wise person will admits their wrong doings and never repeat them, a fool will sulk and stay silent.
Words to live by.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Clayton

I would also like to commend you Chicago206,I respect every bit of it!!
It's not always easy to apologize,great job!!

Sincerely,Clayton

Last edited by teetwoohsix; 03-27-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-27-2010, 01:17 PM

Well done, Phil! Hope you have many satisfying years of collecting ahead.

Cheers,
Blair
Old 03-27-2010, 01:46 PM

In eBay selling and life, we all mistakes. The question is what we do in reaction to them.

The ability to apologize for one's faux pas is a good trait, and good people accept a sincere apology. We'll all some day have reason to apologize, or at least admit to errors, on this board ... As for me, I just use the edit button then deny I said anything

Last edited by drc; 03-27-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:59 PM
David McDonald

Apology accepted. Very mensch-like thing to do. Enjoy the Board, it's crazy fun.
D. McD.

Edited to add: Mensch? Chicago? What was I thinking? One of my more regrettable posts.

Last edited by Kawika; 04-14-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: What was I thinking?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Brandon Brown

Default hey Phil

I said some things in the original thread, to you, and Dan, that I regret. While nothing I said regarding your situation with Tony was meant to be taken as a personal attack, they may have been, and for that I appologise. I have already spoken to Dan, and we have made our peace with eachother. Sometimes things get said in the heat of the moment and are misunderstood, or at least regrettable at a later point. Its part of being a passionate person about certain things, and if you make such a a mistake, its important to recognize it and be able to learn from it. I have, and I believe you have as well. Almost all is forgivable in the long run in my eyes. There are a ton of great people on here, all with different personalities, and sometimes it takes a little work to "gel" with them. If you are able to do that, this is a great place to learn and share info about this cool hobby! Sorry for rambling!!

Brandon
Old 03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Bob Pomilla

It seems in our society today, there's too often a reluctance for people to say "I'm sorry" or "I was wrong". You did, and for that you have my respect. Good man and now, back to cards.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Default I don't know what had happened, but it's not important.

What is important is that Phil, after screwing up has come forward at a time that unfortunately most would either defend their actions or blame another, or mankind for that matter for their own flaws as a human.

In our "Me First" society in which we live, glorified by the country's leaders and famous citizens, it's very refreshing and inspiring to see a regular man step up and take accountability for his own actions. Now, if we could only get our role models to stand up and do the same, we'd really be headed in the right direction.

Sincerely, Jimmy
Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Class act, Phil. Hope to meet you at the National.

Mark