NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Now back to looking...

Old 04-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B.c.D.

have any cards in there?

BcD

Old 04-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

WOW! Very Nice Stuff

Foregive me for my ignorants, who is Lionel Carter = SGC (Lionel Carter Collection)?

Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RC McKenzie

There's alot of great stuff on there. Just read thru it. What I don't understand about Mastro or other auction houses is... are there super wealthy people that never read this board and never look on ebay for cards, who only buy cards through major auction houses? When I list cards on ebay I usually recognize the folks from this board as the buyers. Do the auction houses reach wealthy folks who buy baseball cards who have never heard of ebay or this board? I consigned one time and a board member won the lot and broke it up on ebay for a profit.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

Mello Mints!

BcD

Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RC McKenzie

Brian,

I am being halfway serious here, lol... Will the guy with his e106 set really make more money from consignment or is he better off listing them individually on ebay. Best regards

Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

The E106's belong to Lionel Carter, and he is about 88 years old. He is not going to list them on ebay.

Buyers come from many different backgrounds, with different buying habits. Some only buy off ebay, some only from major auction houses, others will only buy in person at shows. Some do a combination of all three. It's impossible to generalize.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I have very few items in Mastro (obvious ones that you guys would recognize like the Alleghanies)...

and I will have a select few items in the REA (Rob Lifson's) auction as well (obvious ones you would recognize like my 1864 Henry Chadwick card)...

but the huge lot of "rookie cards" in Mastro's current auction are from "Sergio's" collection that was built with the help of his friend Jorge (Rooky13).

The bulk of my rookie card collection will be sold in the NEXT Mastro auction...

and in an auction by Barry Sloate later this year.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

Brad,

Carter is an old time collector for the Chicago burbs. A few months back, there was a thread about a guy who had his collection stolen. That was Carter. If you do a search under "Lionel Carter" that thread will pop up.
He's got some jaw dropping cards in this auction. I saw a few examples at the Rosemont show last month. YOWZA!

Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

http://www.antiqueweek.com/Article.asp?newsid=437

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

Ohh thats the guy who had his collection stolen "Lionel Carter"!

Here's a link about Lionel Carter:
http://www.antiqueweek.com/Article.asp?newsid=437

Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan

Under the N54 auction link it has some out dated Auction info, for instance for Mastro it has "Current auction ends December 7th, 2006."

Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan

They have some pretty serious items up for this one. Amazing!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I take credit for the back mount Kalamazoo Bats Detroit. The owner emailed me pictures of it, wondering what it was and what she should do with it. I assumed it was real and she was the owner, as it's probably unique I didn't know how she could supply me with a scan if she didn't physically have it. I assured her it was worth lots of money and told her to consign it to Mastro as I knew they had an upcoming auction. She never emailed back, but I see it in the catalog.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

That K-Bat Detroit Cabinet is sweet, it will be interesting to see how high it will go. One minor correction should be made to the listing however in that the photo originates from F. (as in Frank) N. Tomlinson, not A. N. Tomlinson. SCD and the auction houses always get this wrong.

Best Regards,
Joe Gonsowski

Old 04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Bojorquez

Wow, those 1938 Goudey cards are truly incredible! Too bad I am currently collecting something else. Is lot# 1006 some kind of new hybrid grading service?

Old 04-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

I sincerely hope that he can find great joy and happiness in all the remaining years and hope that he has many to go. Letting go of such pristine cards ,would leave a chip missing in the heart.

A true hobbyist and yes ,this is what it all should be about.

Good luck-Mr.Carter