NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Please help me out with your experience - A website to display my collection

Hi folks,

I've been mulling over the idea of creating some sort of website to display nice scans of my pre-war collection, but I have never done it because my computer skills are pretty rudimentary (ie. I don't know how to create a website). This would be a non-commercial site...just for fun and learning.

I've noticed lately that a number of you guys do a nice job with things like photobucket, and other websites that I assume you don't need high-level computer skills to create some sort of display.

I'd love to hear what people recommend (and don't recommend) along with limitations of certain approaches (ie. if some sites are better for small collections, etc).

I would need to be able to display a few hundred scans, if that helps with the advice.

Any input is welcome!

Cheers,
Blair
Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 AM

I've started to put something on Photobucket...any opinions on using that site?

Cheers,
Blair
Old 10-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Paul

I've used PhotoBucket, but currently use & prefer ImageEvent. It costs $24.95 a year, but seems to work better & is easier than the free PhotoBucket account that I have.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 AM
Matt Wieder

I use PicasaWeb - it's free and easy to use.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Erich W

Default posting photos

I use flikr. It's very easy and free.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Chris Counts

I prefer ImageEvent to Photobucket. It has a much cleaner look and no ads ... it's like displaying your cards in a museum versus a shopping mall. Here's my collection ...

http://imageevent.com/ccmcnutt
Old 10-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Steve Murray

Photobucket for me. If you pay $30 or so per year no popups, no ads. Otherewise its free.

Mine:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/jacklitsch1/
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice, and also for linking to your personal sites - it is helping me to see the relative strengths of these options!