NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Scott S

Default Wilmington, MA Shriner's Show next weekend June 5-7

Just wanted to remind folks that the Shriners show in Wilmington, MA - typically the largest show with vintage material in the New England area - is having a second show next weekend.

Typically this show is held the first weekend of November, but they've now added a second show in June.

I'll be attending next Saturday around noon if anyone else is going to be there and looking to meet up!

Flyer for the show and the overpriced autograph guests....
http://www.sureshotpromotions.com/gr..._Show_2009.pdf

Take care,
Scott
Old 05-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Rawn Hill

Are you bringing those newspapers for me, Scott? I don't that I make it, off to Tucson on the 7th for a new job.

Rawn
Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Scott S

That's too bad, Rawn - I was planning on bringing all of the newspapers on the 7th to give to you!

Good luck in Tucson - should be a nice climate change from Maine!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I will definitely be there! I would also like to try to do another Net54 members gathering on Saturday (we tried it last year, and it was great meeting up with a few folks from the board). How about noonish at the snack bar?
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Rawn Hill

Just my luck, Steve. It was a great show last year and a pleasure meeting some fellow board members. Remember me if you find any Carrigan stuff Alan.

Rawn
Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Brian Dwyer

Default SGC at the show

While on the topic of the show, I want to remind everyone that SGC will be there for the duration accepting submissions to bring back for grading. There was a great turnout in November. Hopefully this new show goes as well for everyone.

Brian Dwyer
SGC
1-800-742-9212 x114
Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Matt

Are there any dealers that have vintage equipment or trophies? I was thinking about taking a ride up.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt
Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Alan Elefson

There is always an excellent selection of memorabilia at the Shriner's show. In previous years there have been several dealers with vintage trophies, oddball memorabilia, and plenty of bats and gloves. If you live within 6 hours, I think it is definitely worth the trip.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
Hi-
I will definitely be there! I would also like to try to do another Net54 members gathering on Saturday (we tried it last year, and it was great meeting up with a few folks from the board). How about noonish at the snack bar?
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Sounds good for meeting at noon on Saturday, Alan - I know the area. I've got a throwback Red Sox t-shirt (think Eddie Cicotte E95 with the red sock) that I can wear so you can spot me...

See you guys there!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Jimmy

I will be setup, hope to see some of you again. We sell mostly vintage

Jimmy

J&B Sports Auctions
Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Scott. I wasn't able to attend last Fall, so I am going to do everything I can to make this one.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
Scott, that should make you fairly easy to find! Personally, I am short, fat, and I have a bit of a wild moustache and goatee, so it should be fairly easy to spot me as well. As Jimmy mentioned above, he will be setup there, and I am fairly sure Bigfish (Toby) will be there as well. Last year I met up with Rawn (will definitely keep my eyes open for Carrigan stuff) and one of the Steves, and missed a few others (there was some confusion over the meeting place), but I hope to meet many more folks this time.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Steven Sadler

Hi Alan,
I met up with you and Rawn last year and will be back this year. Toby said he will be there as will fellow Net 54 member Erich Wolters. Hopefully we can all meet up this year and not walk by each other all day!
Steve
Old 05-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Ralph

It is a great show and I have gone before and it is a fun day with tons of cards I may go if the weather is good as I am tired of the Rain.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Tim Caravella

I am going to try and meet up at noon on Saturday. I went in November and got completely overwhelmed with stuff I wanted to buy and ended up with nothing. I lacked focus!!! Must go with a better plan this time!! Met Brian from SGC and had a nice conversation.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Erich W

Default Show

I had a nice time at the show in November. I met some great people and found that the show had an excellent selection of vintage cards. I look forward to meeting board members at noon on Saturday. No idea what I'll be wearing, but I'll have a big white box it tow (trade bait)! See everyone there.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 PM

Default Alan,

I will be there on Sat with a bunch of buddies. Hope to catch up with everyone.

Last edited by bigfish; 05-31-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Scott S

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow around noon at the Shriners!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Rawn Hill

Please give updates on how the show is, so I can kick myself for not going.

Rawn
Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I just wanted to bump this post with a reminder for all Net54 members who plan on attending this show tomorrow (Saturday) to meet at the snack bar area at noon. I look forward to meeting folks there!
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Old 06-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Tim Caravella

Unfortunately a number of things have come up and I will be unable to make the show today. I hope you all have a blast and please put some updates on the boards. Have fun!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I just got back from the show after spending all day there! The selection of quality vintage cards and memorabilia was outstanding in my opinion. It was great seeing Toby, Brian, Scott, Steve, Erich, Jimmy, Marty and others whom I met but cannot recall names. Scott, Steve, Erich and myself met up at noon and talked/looked at cards for over an hour (Steve and Erich had some incredible caramel and tobacco cards with them). Rawn, no Carrigans (other than Steve's E97 black and whte), but I will continue to hunt for them for you.
Overall, I heard some dealers say that there wasn't a lot of traffic, but the wares they displayed came close to equaling the regular show in November. As always, Tik had some incredible items including arm bands from several 1860s teams (he had Baltimore most prominently on display) as well as an incredible Red Stockings scorebook from the dawn of professional baseball. I would venture to say that more than 30 percent of the dealers had primarily vintage items for sale (both cards and memorabilia). I will be posting some of my pickups here and on the memorabilia forum later this weekend.
It was a pleasure meeting everyone there (even if I forgot some names)! If you missed this one, please try to come in November as this show is easily the best show in the Notheast (in my opiniop better than White Plains).
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Old 06-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Rawn Hill

e97 b/w??? where should I send the check? Thank you Alan.

Rawn
Old 06-06-2009, 09:13 PM

How does this show compare to the Ft. Washington (Philly show) before and/or after the new promoter (Hunt) & new location/facility ?
Old 06-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Greg T.

I've got to check the main board more frequently as I didn't even see folks were planning on a get together. Sorry I missed you guys.

Did pick up this though at Wilmington...

[IMG]1904 scorecard[/IMG]

Greg
Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Scott S

Good meeting up with you guys yesterday, it was fun.

Greg, great pickup! I think I saw Phil from Sportsworld with that in his store; is that where you got it from?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Erich W

Default Show

I was very happy with the show, although I didn't think it featured as many truly outstanding vintage materials as the one in November (which would have been tough to surpass). I really enjoyed meeting everyone, especially the Net54 gathering at noon. It was a lot of fun to talk vintage baseball and place faces with names!!

I look forward to seeing everyone again in November.

I picked a few things up which I will post on the pickups.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Jimmy

Thank you to all of you that came around to my table, it was great seeing you all and I hope to see you back in November

Jimmy
Old 06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
H Murphy

couldn`t make the show until Sunday morning, seems like the whole world graduated this weekend, but enjoyed walking around seeing the vintage up close. One table had a beautiful Joe Jackson picture, a 1916 Bosox team pic, nice looking T3 Cobb, and the only E 107 in the place. Also as a bonus the owner showed me a stunning linen tapestry of 9 players featuring Christy Mathewsen in the center. Will definetly go back in Nov. Murph