NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Chris

Default RMY Auctions for December has posted

RMY has posted a most impressive range of photos in their latest auction. There are iconic photos, loads of Hall of Famers and for crazy collectors like myself: a wonderful array of no-names. A major shout out to the guys on a job well done.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:54 PM

Ends tonight

Still plenty of time to register and bid.

www.RMYAuctions.com
Old 12-10-2016, 02:29 PM

I found something I'd like to bid on. I registered but it says it will take up to 72 hours to activate my account for bidding.

Any help prewarsports?
Old 12-10-2016, 02:50 PM
D@le Irv*n

Wow, those are some great pictures!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:54 AM
Brendan Mullen

Now that it's over, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) single collection of sports photographs in recent years. Unbelievable.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Agreed. Is it my imagination that if some of RMY's top end photos were being sold at Christie's they would be selling for twice or three times as much? Stunning collection of photos and a really well run auction house.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:41 AM

Yes, it is your imagination. There were some nice photos in RMY, RMY is a class act and congrats on your pick ups. However, the prices were generally strong to fair for the higher end RMY photos and these photos do not compare to the high end photos in Christie's.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforaker View Post
Yes, it is your imagination. There were some nice photos in RMY, RMY is a class act and congrats on your pick ups. However, the prices were generally strong to fair for the higher end RMY photos and these photos do not compare to the high end photos in Christie's.
I don't recall any Conlon's selling at the recent Christie's auction for $4K. More like $15K. Maybe you are right that they don't compare.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 12-11-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Right Steve, the Conlon Cobb in RMY does not compare to the Conlon photos in Christie's.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:24 AM
David McDonald

Christie's and RMY, apples and oranges. The condition of Rhys' stuff, or is it Rhett's, is sometimes a tad shopworn but there was a mega-essload of fantastic images on the block last night. I thought the prices realized were exceptionally strong - as the evening wore on I kept bailing on lots I fancied. I hung in on this killer; although it ate my auction budget I'm a happy camper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RMY 1934 Babe Ruth.jpg (68.6 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by Kawika; 12-11-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Christie's needed an apostrophe
Old 12-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Spectacular photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Christies and RMY, apples and oranges. The condition of Rhys' stuff, or is it Rhett's, is sometimes a tad shopworn but there was a mega-essload of fantastic images on the block last night. I thought the prices realized were exceptionally strong - as the evening wore on I kept bailing on lots I fancied. I hung in on this killer; although it ate my auction budget I'm a happy camper.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:28 AM

Nice Ruth photo, David! Congrats.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Amazing photo. I bought this one and was pleasantly surprised at the final hammer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruth.jpg (67.7 KB, 162 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 AM

Great photo, Steve, congrats.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Great photos guys! I was hoping some members would land some of the higher end photos from this latest auction. Really great stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg item_20125_1.jpg (78.0 KB, 135 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 12:51 PM
David McDonald

Simply outstanding picture of Dizzy Dean. He makes pitching look easy. Whilst perusing the auction's 12 zillion lots I must have overlooked it. Jealous in Victoria.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Craig

Great looking Ruth, David
Congrats
Old 12-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Agreed. Is it my imagination that if some of RMY's top end photos were being sold at Christie's they would be selling for twice or three times as much? Stunning collection of photos and a really well run auction house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Christie's and RMY, apples and oranges. The condition of Rhys' stuff, or is it Rhett's, is sometimes a tad shopworn but there was a mega-essload of fantastic images on the block last night. I thought the prices realized were exceptionally strong - as the evening wore on I kept bailing on lots I fancied. I hung in on this killer; although it ate my auction budget I'm a happy camper.
David, it is Rhys (not Rhett) that is the principal at RMY Auctions. My parents still get us confused so you are in good company

I can understand where you guys are coming from when you look at the results. RMY Auctions deals almost entirely in photographs and doesn't have the luxury of whittling down the given photos in each auction to perhaps the 10-20 absolute best pieces like another larger auction house can. As a result it can appear like the items overall are a little more "shop worn" but don't forget that when a photo is of premium quality the piece speaks for itself and will sell for a great price...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...auction-block/

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 12-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
David, it is Rhys (not Rhett) that is the principal at RMY Auctions. My parents still get us confused so you are in good company

I can understand where you guys are coming from when you look at the results. RMY Auctions deals almost entirely in photographs and doesn't have the luxury of whittling down the given photos in each auction to perhaps the 10-20 absolute best pieces like another larger auction house can. As a result it can appear like the items overall are a little more "shop worn" but don't forget that when a photo is of premium quality the piece speaks for itself and will sell for a great price...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...auction-block/
The sheer number of photos and subject matters covered was unbelievable. I never saw anything like it. Some of the biggest ticket photos were historical in nature. What an amazing auction.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:24 PM
David McDonald

Rhett: no disparagement intended in case any was inferred. I have bid in just about every one of your auctions and have picked up some absolutely outstanding photos from you. Typically they show the wear of use, usually to a degree that doesn't diminish the eye appeal. What I like the best is that these are images that I'll never see again so if they've got a corner chip or an editor's mark I giveth not a hoot. Sometimes I hit solid gold. Take this image, my all-time RMY acquisition. Looking damn good for 77 years old.