NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-30-2018, 07:49 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Does it even matter? Some of the people here would bid if Charles Manson was selling a card they “need”. Nobody in this business is punished until the FBI shows up.
Ole' Charlie is no longer selling cards or anything else!!

I tease...I tease......but I do certainly agree with you!
Old 03-30-2018, 08:11 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
If the second auction is currently in progress, I apologize, and offer a bid of $23 on lot #13. If you would be so kind as to tell me what I have bid on, I would appreciate it.
lol

Oh, and suddenly McAfee is telling me that the site is now risky to visit.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 03-30-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Tony

Quote:
after the post above the web site shows a second auction which was to begin on march 24 and to close on april 7. No preview, no catalog, no rules, nada, nada, nada. I guess the second auction was cancelled and we have moved on to the third auction, but the dates you just stated for your april auction are not on the web site. If the second auction is currently in progress, i apologize, and offer a bid of $23 on lot #13. If you would be so kind as to tell me what i have bid on, i would appreciate it.
That is funny............

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 03-30-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:06 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Does it even matter? Some of the people here would bid if Charles Manson was selling a card they “need”. Nobody in this business is punished until the FBI shows up.
And even then, Dan, unless it results in prison time and an inability to do business in the hobby in the future, if they had a card someone wanted, people could not get to their money fast enough.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:33 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Bump

Quote:
After the post above the web site shows a second auction which was to begin on March 24 and to close on April 7. No preview, no catalog, no rules, nada, nada, nada. I guess the second auction was cancelled and we have moved on to the third auction, but the dates you just stated for your April auction are not on the web site. If the second auction is currently in progress, I apologize, and offer a bid of $23 on lot #13. If you would be so kind as to tell me what I have bid on, I would appreciate it.
Frank, I'll go to $27 on Lot #13. I think it's a PSA 6 T206 Honus.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:05 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
LOL. Jumps in to say he’s not broke and has an auction coming up in April. Completely ignores the elephant in the room.
Methinks something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
And even then, at least in one case, once their time is up they go right back to work for an AH.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
We may be getting info from the same source, but I was just told the same thing directly from someone who didn't get paid. Paid with an e-check that bounced. Wonder if the previous issues keep them from using PayPal at all?? And the buying Ebay ID was different than any I've seen on here. Yet the buyer was Battles from Dothan, AL.
If anyone finds these scammers on ebay again please PM me. I can't speak for ebay but I don't think ebay wants those guys around any longer pulling the crap they have been pulling....whoever they are.

Last edited by Leon; 03-31-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:29 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Candiman/eBay

This confirms that eBay seller "sipeemend1" is also Candiman auctions, although I would like to point out that there isn't anything wrong with trying to sell their unsold auction lots on eBay. (As long as they aren't selling altered cards or using photoshopped scans.) They are also using the same selling techniques - small scans that cannot be enlarged and no back scans.

One of the unsold auction lots is below:

Lot #1356: Lot of 38 1986 Topps Tiffany Baseball Cards - /5,000 - ALL New York Mets - High Grade - Mint to Gem Mint http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...ventoryid=1360

Current eBay auction from Candiman:

Item image
Lot of 38 1986 Topps Tiffany Baseball Cards - /5,000 - ALL New York Mets - Mint

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...ffany&_sacat=0

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 03-31-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I will go out on a limb and say that ebay's rules don't allow people who get the boot to re-register under a different id.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
This confirms that eBay seller "sipeemend1" is also Candiman auctions, although I would like to point out that there isn't anything wrong with trying to sell their unsold auction lots on eBay. (As long as they aren't selling altered cards or using photoshopped scans.) They are also using the same selling techniques - small scans that cannot be enlarged and no back scans.

One of the unsold auction lots is below:

Lot #1356: Lot of 38 1986 Topps Tiffany Baseball Cards - /5,000 - ALL New York Mets - High Grade - Mint to Gem Mint http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...ventoryid=1360

Current eBay auction from Candiman:

Item image
Lot of 38 1986 Topps Tiffany Baseball Cards - /5,000 - ALL New York Mets - Mint

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...ffany&_sacat=0
Old 03-31-2018, 07:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Little Rock is 568 miles from Dothan according to Google. Cousin?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
Frank, I'll go to $27 on Lot #13. I think it's a PSA 6 T206 Honus.
Damn, why did I have to out myself as a bidder?

I’ll raise you to $34 on #13.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:54 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will go out on a limb and say that ebay's rules don't allow people who get the boot to re-register under a different id.
Yes, I forgot about that. That makes this a totally different scenario.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Sheesh, did you not read what Daniel said?

"I want to start out by saying that we completely disavow eBay seller "Battlefield". We do not in any way, shape, or form support their actions on eBay over the past several years. We find their actions despicable and we advised them to shut down their business because their reputation in the collecting community has been completely destroyed and no true collector would ever want to deal with them."

Old 03-31-2018, 08:00 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Little Rock is 568 miles from Dothan according to Google. Cousin?
Peter, Peter, Peter

Sometimes you disappoint me.

Little Rock, Alabama is literally a stone’s throw from Dothan out toward Mobile on I-65.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:03 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter, Peter, Peter

Sometimes you disappoint me.

Little Rock, Alabama is literally a stone’s throw from Dothan out toward Mobile on I-65.
What's that got to do, got to do with it?

Item location:

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Old 03-31-2018, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Sheesh, did you not read what Daniel said?

"I want to start out by saying that we completely disavow eBay seller "Battlefield". We do not in any way, shape, or form support their actions on eBay over the past several years. We find their actions despicable and we advised them to shut down their business because their reputation in the collecting community has been completely destroyed and no true collector would ever want to deal with them."
They might be disavowing themselves though. Has anyone ever seen these guys WITH their parents?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:12 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
What's that got to do, got to do with it?

Item location:

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Deception.

If the zip code is 36502, the package was mailed from Alabama indeed.

Little Rock, Alabama is a fine little town

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Deception.

If the zip code is 36502, the package was mailed from Alabama indeed.

Little Rock, Alabama is a fine little town
Yes, that's my whole point, that the listing is deceptive.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:39 AM
Banned

Since when is it illegal for an Auction House to have their unpaid/unsold inventory & excess/cheaper inventory that's not high quality enough to be included in a website auction sold on eBay or any other auction site?

You guys really need to find a new obsession. We are Candiman Auctions. For the 1,000,000th time we are NOT Battlefield. We are doing things the right way. If you want to read everything that has already been discussed please go back to the original thread I posted. There is no point in debating this over and over and over again.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252144

Our next auction will be open for preview 1 week from today and will run from April 14 to April 28. I promise you guys will be more pleased with what we are offering this time around. We have a lot more graded cards in this upcoming auction. Two of the biggest are a PSA 7 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle and a PSA 8 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle. Both gorgeous cards. We also have PSA graded 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle & Willie Mays RC's.

Daniel & Justin
Old 03-31-2018, 08:46 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default eBay

The eBay history is interesting. They started using this username on Aug 29 of 2017. They started by selling X-Box items, and then switched to selling comic books. They didn't starting selling cards until about a month ago.

They have 280 selling feedbacks, with 1 negative, 1 neutral, and 4 that were revised from negative/neutral to positives. Several positive feedbacks complain about poor communication, slow shipping, no PayPal, and some of the flaws in certain items were not disclosed.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:56 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
Since when is it illegal for an Auction House to have their unpaid/unsold inventory & excess/cheaper inventory that's not high quality enough to be included in a website auction sold on eBay or any other auction site?

You guys really need to find a new obsession. We are Candiman Auctions. For the 1,000,000th time we are NOT Battlefield. We are doing things the right way. If you want to read everything that has already been discussed please go back to the original thread I posted. There is no point in debating this over and over and over again.

Our next auction will be open for preview 1 week from today and will run from April 14 to April 28. I promise you guys will be more pleased with what we are offering this time around. We have a lot more graded cards in this upcoming auction. Two of the biggest are a PSA 7 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle and a PSA 8 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle. Both gorgeous cards. We also have PSA graded 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle & Willie Mays RC's.

Daniel & Justin
YOU really need to answer questions if you want to have any credibility, and not keep avoiding them by asserting what great guys you are.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
YOU really need to answer questions if you want to have any credibility, and not keep avoiding them by asserting what great guys you are.
Peter,

Has anyone posted that they had a bad experience with us from our March 2018 auction? The only reviews I've seen on here have all been positive yet you guys still continue to try and bully us and bring us down.

As Rick and other higher up people we have spoken to in the industry have said, there is a group of about 10 or so guys on here who you will never please no matter what you say. We don't have time to go back and forth with you guys everyday. You might have the time but we don't.

We are about to run our second auction and we are very busy with getting that ready to go live. Time will prove you guys wrong but I'm sure no matter how many positive experiences people post on here it will never be good enough for some of you.

Daniel & Justin
Old 03-31-2018, 09:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter,

Has anyone posted that they had a bad experience with us from our March 2018 auction? The only reviews I've seen on here have all been positive yet you guys still continue to try and bully us and bring us down.

As Rick and other higher up people we have spoken to in the industry have said, there is a group of about 10 or so guys on here who you will never please no matter what you say. We don't have time to go back and forth with you guys everyday. You might have the time but we don't.

We are about to run our second auction and we are very busy with getting that ready to go live. Time will prove you guys wrong but I'm sure no matter how many positive experiences people post on here it will never be good enough for some of you.

Daniel & Justin
I am not sure you really want to go there. There are numerous sellers about whom everyone here has nothing but good things to say. Don't blame us, blame you.

Tell me this, has anyone returned a card to you? Just wondering. And answer the question about why you are listing items as located in Little Rock, Arkansas please. And while we are at it, are you affiliated with the ebay ID lexus1584?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
I am not sure you really want to go there. There are numerous sellers about whom everyone here has nothing but good things to say. Don't blame us, blame you.

Tell me this, has anyone returned a card to you? Just wondering. And answer the question about why you are listing items as located in Little Rock, Arkansas please.
Peter,

I'm just repeating what I've been told. Nothing more. Blame me for what? Being guilty by association? Every single person on this forum can be found guilty by association with someone if you are using that logic. Are we all supposed to be punished for the sins of people we have an association with?

1 card returned by Ed and I'm sure he will let you guys know that he had a positive experience with us and plans to bid in our future auctions. That's it. The location is Little Rock, AR because we have a friend that lives there that is selling our unsold/unpaid lots and excess inventory or lower grade inventory that's not high quality enough to put on the website. We don't have time to sell on eBay and run an Auction House at the same time. He's getting 10% of the sales price of every item that sells. It's a win for both of us. Is there a problem with us doing that too?

This will be the last time I can post anything until Monday. I'm heading out of town for Easter with my wife and son.

Daniel
Old 03-31-2018, 09:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Thank you for directly answering 2 of the 3 questions anyhow. It's interesting that you not only did not answer the third question, you chopped it off from the quote.

So the 52 Topps Jackie was returned. For me, having to return a 3K card as misrepresented would not be a "positive experience" as you describe it, but that's just me.

"Blame you" was not meant as guilt by association, but rather for being less than straightforward in responding to questions in the other thread. Many people here, not just me, had that reaction as you saw for yourself.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:55 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
We don't have time to go back and forth with you guys everyday. You might have the time but we don't.
And the ONLY reason you have to go back and forth is because you avoid answering all the questions and have not really been as transparent or truthful as you claim.

Please do make sure to remind us again how great your April auction is going to be because so far that has been all that has stuck with me from what you have posted this time around.

And Daniel, you can be 100% honest. No matter what the truth is as long as you have a card a guy wants for his collection or a card he thinks he can a make a buck on, you will not lose him as a bidder.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:36 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Was this one of the "unpaid" items?
James

Sold in your auction for $800

http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...inventoryid=39

Resold on eBay for $1142

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hank-Aaron-...p2047675.l2557
Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Good find.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:55 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited by jfkheat; 03-31-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

The ebay listings include a couple of OPC Gretzky RCs, not sure how those would not be good enough for the auction? Must be unpaid too?

PS I see them now listed in the Candiman auction so that's now three cards we have quickly identified as being allegedly "unpaid" for.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fran-Tarken...gAAOSwQPtaux0D

http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...nventoryid=138

Old 03-31-2018, 01:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reds-Rookie...oAAOSwrT9atwCu

http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...inventoryid=87

83 Reds Rookies (Johnny Bench) 1968 Topps #247 - RC - NM-MT $100.00 $364.00 OVER

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jacques-Pla...UAAOSwOMlauxZx

http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...nventoryid=125

I am guessing there are more I didn't look all that hard.

Maybe folks just bid and don't pay, I don't know. It just doesn't look so good to see stuff back on ebay from the AH a week or two after an auction.

BTW the link shows no sale but the listing on the auction site shows this.
Premier Auction 118 Jacques Plante 1960-61 Parkhurst Hockey #53 - Montreal Canadiens - EX+ $25.00 $53.00 OVER

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:23 PM
Cory

Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jacques-Pla...UAAOSwOMlauxZx

http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...nventoryid=125

I am guessing there are more I didn't look all that hard.

Maybe folks just bid and don't pay, I don't know.

I can understand the 1986 Topps Tiffany cards that received no bid being on Ebay. That must mean the “consingor” wanted them to have thier “friend” sell them on EBay for them.

The other cards, like the Aaron with bids should have been paid for and shipped. If they weren’t paid for, the auction house should publish the names of those that didn’t pay for those lots. Then the consignor would have the choice of reconsigning to the next auction.

This makes it seem that these were never consigned as they are up on Ebay. If I consigned to an Auction house, I wouldn’t want them putting it up on a Ebay for non payment.

This leaves a wide window that the winner bidder was not a true bidder on these lots and was more of a house account or a proxy house account which is why they are now on Ebay from the same auction house. The optics on this do not look good at all.

Cory Weiser

Last edited by AddieJoss; 03-31-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Add my name
Old 03-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Now I'm sure it's just a coincidence that there were so many non payers.

I'll stand by my previous statement in the old thread that everyone deserves a chance and I was going to keep an open mind. Now that that's over with, I'm glad I didn't bid in the first auction and won't be bidding in any others.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieJoss View Post
I can understand the 1986 Topps Tiffany cards that received no bid being on Ebay. That must mean the “consingor” wanted them to have thier “friend” sell them on EBay for them.

The other cards, like the Aaron with bids should have been paid for and shipped. If they weren’t paid for, the auction house should publish the names of those that didn’t pay for those lots. Then the consignor would have the choice of reconsigning to the next auction.

This makes it seem that these were never consigned as they are up on Ebay. If I consigned to an Auction house, I wouldn’t want them putting it up on a Ebay for non payment.

This leaves a wide window that the winner bidder was not a true bidder on these lots and was more of a house account or a proxy house account which is why they are now on Ebay from the same auction house. The optics on this do not look good at all.

Cory Weiser
Excellent observation; I am guessing in time Candiman Auctions will get lost in the battlefield of deception.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post

I'll stand by my previous statement in the old thread that everyone deserves a chance and I was going to keep an open mind. Now that that's over with, I'm glad I didn't bid in the first auction and won't be bidding in any others.
I am sure the brothers will be back after the weekend to reassure us about yet another red flag.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:56 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post

Makes one wonder if all those non-payers were due to shill bidding by friends and family of the righteous Battles brothers....
Old 03-31-2018, 03:05 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Peter,

Daniel & Justin
Daniel you get "bullied" because you deflect questions, don't give straight answers, ignore certain questions, pop up on Ebay with an ID from a different state selling some of the same cards you "sold" in your Candiman Auction and bid up $7k worth of cards on ebay and bounce an e-check.

Did I miss anything? I wouldn't call it bullying, I'd call it people trying to get to the truth vs. someone who is doing everything possible to only tell the portion of the "truth" they want out.

Cry unfair all you want, but you are creating this mess.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:45 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Here's the thing, when you do things honestly, you don't need to evade questions.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Excellent observation; I am guessing in time Candiman Auctions will get lost in the battlefield of deception.
In time???? That ship sailed upon the creation of Candiman but that will not stop collectors from bidding in their auctions.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:36 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
Makes one wonder if all those non-payers were due to shill bidding by friends and family of the righteous Battles brothers....
Probably mom bidding up her consignments.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Cory

Default Non bidders

Quote:
Probably mom bidding up her consignments.
1.) Unless the names of the “non-bidder” are disclosed, I’m assuming it is shill bids of the house.
2.) A little quick to have the cards up on Ebay, and what does the consignor get? The Ebay price minus the Ebay and PayPal fees, minus the “friend” shipping it fee, minus a vig, even though the consignor consigned for a non-Ebay auction? Why not run them again in the next auction and call out any non-payment bidders?

Cory Weiser
Old 03-31-2018, 09:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Cory he doesn't take Paypal. I have yet to run across another ebay seller who doesn't take Paypal. Daniel, care to explain?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-31-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:11 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

I thought not taking PayPal was against eBay policy?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-01-2018, 05:51 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I thought not taking PayPal was against eBay policy?
Apparently this is a recent change as I have run into other sellers who are no longer accepting PP for ebay purchases. I figure this is now allowed by ebay due to upcoming split between PP and ebay. For buyers on ebay, at least as of now, they are not eligible for ebay bucks if a CC is used. So when there is a 8-10% back in ebay bucks and you are counting on that to offset some of your purchase price, make sure the seller accepts PP.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 AM
Ben North

Quote:

Daniel & Justin
Daniel your replies are a joke at best. I will give you the best info you will ever get when you are a scum bag seller. SHUT THE F UP!!! Way bigger and more important scum bag sellers have come on here and lied their a$$ off and we kept harassing them till they got smart enough to quit posting lies or better yet just quit posting.

Like has been posted in this thread already. Most people don't care who they buy from as long as they get the card(s) they want. So quit posting and reap the rewards from all the new customers you have from this forum. Now if you are too stupid to take this advise you will keep getting called out on your lies.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Peter Spaeth

Summing up, I note several characteristics of Daniel's posts to date.
1. Selectively answering questions.
2. Playing the victim by claiming he is being bullied when he isn't. A very common tactic.
3. Raising straw men, such as "it isn't illegal to do X." Nobody accused him of illegality.
4. Spinning -- e.g., Ed's having to return a 3K card was somehow a "positive experience."
5. Selectively claiming he doesn't have time to debate, as though that explained/justified his refusal to answer certain questions.
6. Repeating his mantra ad nauseum. "We are not Battlefield."
7. Feigning outrage, as in his response to the claim that he bounced a substantial e-check.

There are probably others.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-01-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
7. Feigning outrage, (while failing to deny the claim) as in his response to the claim that he bounced a substantial e-check.

There are probably others.
fyp
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions