NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I wanted to start a new thread so that people using gavelsnipe that were affected by the ebay "hijacking" situation would know that the service may not work for them.

I am 99% sure the problem with people getting locked out of their ebay account is coming from Gavelsnipe. Last night I changed my gavelsnipe password to my new ebay password and tested it today to see if the snipe would go off. It did NOT work....The reason stated? "Invalid User ID or Password".

I'm glad I tested it out on something today that was of marginal interest to me because I have an upcoming snipe set on an item that I want very badly and I will not be relying on the snipe now.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Todd Schultz

maybe Justsnipe too, since that is what I use--not Gavelsnipe. Twice in the last two weeks, including an hour ago, I was unable to log into ebay--it did not recognize my password, and each time I had to re-set the password. I received no "hijack" notices from ebay, although I get about a half dozen email messages from bogus ebay members that get routed to a spam folder and go unopened. This is troubling, as I have not tried to access ebay from anything other than my home computer for several months.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Dan,

As you know, I had the eBay problem yesterday. After I got everything straightened away with eBay and set up a new password, I then logged into gavelsnipe and updated the password. Two hours after, I had a snipe go off without a problem. So, my gavelsnipe worked fine AFTER the eBay incident.

- Jon

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Dan Bretta

This is turning into a real cluster****. I wonder why gavelsnipe didn't work for me? I had been using it for about the last 6 months without a hitch and now right after this ebay problem it didn't work???

Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: marshall barkman

Dan.....i had the same problem with another sniper service about 6 months ago. I have not had any problems since then however.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Jerry Hrechka

I haven't had my Ebay account hacked.

I had two snipes listed with JustSnipe, tonight, both went off as scheduled, so far no evidence of my Ebay account being hacked.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: marty q

i use e snipe and i a have had the same problem, also all of my snipes tonight did not register, blocked by ebay...i heard somewhere e bay wanted to do away with sniping, i think this is ebays doing not the sniping co's. if so that will suck !!!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Mark

I agree... this is Ebay's doing. As stated in the other thread, they are tightening security and trying to play the role of Big Brother. If you use a sniping service or dare to log in from a friends, hotel, or library computer, you are subject to being locked out. Another monumental Ebay blunder...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: quan

an ebaysnipepal.com coming? sniping services have been around for years and haven't had any problem security-wise...don't understand why ebay would all of a sudden take interest in it.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: D. Bergin

Another way for Ebay to move sellers and buyers away from auctions and towards "Buy It Now's"?

I swear sometimes Amazon has secret agents at Ebay destroying them from within.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe Alert

Posted By: Anthony S.

After reading all the horror stories the other night, I'm reluctant to use Gavelsnipe. A buddy swung by my place last night with his 6 year old daughter, and every 5 minutes I had to kick her off my computer in order to bid on one of the 50 or so Obaks that went off in rapid succession on Ebay.

"But, I'm watching Sponge Bob..."

"Sponge Bob's dead. Get off the damn computer. Uncle Tony needs cardboard."