NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: Dylan

When pricing T207 i noticed discrepency in card values, they were all over the place! A VG common in this set sells for 30 to 35 dollars. HOF prices differ dependent on the player ofcourse, but it seems many players with names not recognized sell for a premium, and many higher then the HOF players in this set. There seem to be a plethora of cards which would seem to be a common with much higher pricing then the commons. I would like to compile a list of those players. I am unfamilier with this set so i need help in compiling the list. I have done my best using incomplete pricing data. It's possible that some of the names listed were not rarities and instead sold for a premium due to a rare back. I want to eliminate any names I have listed that are not rarities. Any names that I am missing, which i'm sure i am missing some, i would appreciate help in adding. Also I wouldnt mind categorizing the players into a list for moderately rare and one for very rare. So if you could fill in cards i'm missing, or any that need to be deleted off the list i would be greatful! I am not using a prceguide either, tracking actual sale prices at auctions.

Almeida, Bauman, Blanding, Carey, Cunningham, Downey, Ellis, George, Gregg, Hamilton, Hartley, Herzog, Houser, Kirke, Kling, Livingston- A on shirt, Lowdermilk, Marsans, Doc Miller, Otto Miller, Ward Miller, Moriarity, Nelson, Peters, Phelan, Rath, Rasmussen, Ryan, Saier, Spratt, Tyler, Wood, Works...additionals added
Adams, Benz, Birmingham, Blackburne, Bushelman, Butcher, Donlin, Donnelly,
Fournier, Hoff, Hyatt, Kelly, Kuhn, Kutina, Lange, Lewis (I)., McCarthy, Mogridge, Moore, Pelty, Ragan, Sweeney, Weaver, White, Wilson (O.), Woodburn

Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: joe

Dylan, what year is your SCD book? There were mistakes in this set a couple of years ago.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: Mark

First thngs first - the guide is usually wrong on pricing for T207's or for any other issue for that matter.

Second, get a hold of VCBC issues 37 & 38 - Tim Newcomb has a lengthy write- up on the sevens; which by the way is a very tough set to complete and undervalued - in my opinion. I was minus 6 cards to complete the set.

Also, Lipset's Encyclopedia has valuable insight on the set.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Old 01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: Bob

Dylan- Just glancing off the top of my head I can see that you left off probably the three toughest cards in the set- Lewis no emblem, Lewis and Pelty.
tbob

Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: ockday

Thre are I believe 50 T207's which only appear with either Cycle, Broadleaf or Anonymous backs.
Other than HOF'ers, these are the cards that command a premium as they are considered tougher to find. So looks like you are missing the following;

Adams, Benz, Birmingham, Blackburne, Bushelman, Butcher, Donlin, Donnelly,
Fournier, Hoff, Hyatt, Kelly, Kuhn, Kutina, Lange, Lewis (I)., McCarthy, Mogridge, Moore, Pelty, Ragan, Sweeney, Weaver, White, Wilson (O.), Woodburn .

Good luck,
Alan

Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: Mike

I recall back in the early to mid 90s, a written quote supposedly attributed to Larry Fritsch, where he said that the 207's were for him personally, the toughest set to put together, were the 207's,due to their predisposition towards cracking on their surfaces. We all know that once these babies split, or crack, it's like opening up a two lane highway. I'm sure also to the odd player selection, and the three big tuffies in the set.

Edited to add: most difficult for him, to put together a decent set.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: robert a

As Mark has already mentioned, I also highly recommend Tim Newcomb's two-part article on T207 (and Tbob's too).

Mr. Newcomb thankfully gives us a list of how many times EVERY card in the set came up throughout his research.

The results are interesting to say the least.

Rob

Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: Mike

I don't collect em' but I do own a beautiful Weaver anonymous back. Graded a 5 by PSA. I have only seen one anonymous back Weaver graded higher. Anybody else have one, or one graded higher?

Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Default T207 rarity

Posted By: Dylan

I dont have a price guide. I priced the cards i could through tracking internet auctions. I dont believe in using price guides as they are often inaccurate.