NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Richard Simon

Hold the material until someone contacts you.
Tell them that they have to come and personally pick it up, that you don't trust the mail to ship it back to them.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks Chris....I spoke with Tracy on the phone a little while ago. She has a really, really strange story too . She runs a small auction company and got a box without any advance notice, with many things like this in it. She can't get a hold of who sent it, email, phone or otherwise and has never spoken to them. That being said they were nice enough to mark a slip with the shipment "20% commission" . They even made up their own terms. Wasn't that nice of them?
That is some tactic to spread forgeries.
At least some of this crap has been sent to honest auctioneers who have been contacted by the activists on this board and in this instance the auctioneer actually contacted the board.
Good to see that there are honest people out there who want to take an active hand in stopping forgeries.
Sitting on your duff and posting on this board just won't cut it, you have to be pro active to help clean this mess up.
If you see something say something or do something.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Awesome! They may call you, tell them they can pick up the items at your local PD. You will never here from them again. Can you PM me who sent the package? A scan of the letter would be great.
Even better than the local PD,, tell them it is at the Postal Inspector's office in your hometown.
Actually reporting it to the Postal Inspector might really be the thing to do. If you do that feel free to have the PI contact me, Shelly or Chris Williams. We can help steer them in the right direction.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-17-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I'd reach out to the FBI agents who brought down the Marinos in Operation Bullpen, or the guys who tore through the National a couple years ago. I'm sure their names are in the forum somewhere.

Ken
That would be great but it doesn't work that way. Secondly he is no longer working as an agent.
The best way is to do nothing. Let them contact you. Then have an undercover cop there when they pick up the package.

Now that everyone has given their ideas. They have read them. You dont think that they are not part of 54. The way this should have been handled is on the phone or through PM"s

Last edited by shelly; 05-17-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2678 View Post
Stick the package in your closet and forget about it until the consignor contacts you. Don't destroy them because you don't own them.
I am also an auctioneer and they are not the only "consignment company" that uses this method. Do not destroy the items just store them. I did not pay attention to the age of this post. I repeated the same advice I had given in the past.
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 05-17-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Here is Mark's (Calsstore) phone #770-355-9400. I have his home phone if you'd like it. I doubt they are from him, but they definately originated from him. Were they shipped from GA? Here's a pic of him ostensibly pre-crook:
Is that a younger, slimmer Michael Kay?

Last edited by mschwade; 05-17-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks Chris....I spoke with Tracy on the phone a little while ago. She has a really, really strange story too . She runs a small auction company and got a box without any advance notice, with many things like this in it. She can't get a hold of who sent it, email, phone or otherwise and has never spoken to them. That being said they were nice enough to mark a slip with the shipment "20% commission" . They even made up their own terms. Wasn't that nice of them?
At least they warned me first before they sent the box. I just got an email and it claims they can send me JSA and PSA cert-ed material...

Amazing that 5 years later and they're still getting away with this.
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 12-07-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
At least they warned me first before they sent the box. I just got an email and it claims they can send me JSA and PSA cert-ed material...

Amazing that 5 years later and they're still getting away with this.
Tell them to ship the items to you.
Then when they arrive without the COA's you write them back.
"Hey, where are the COA's?"
Then contact the postal inspector when you do not get any COA's.
--
Old 12-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Scott Russell

At the risk of being seen as part of the problem I don't have time to execute amateur sting operations. Clearly if anyone with authority gave a damn something would've changed in the last FIVE YEARS!
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com
Old 12-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
At the risk of being seen as part of the problem I don't have time to execute amateur sting operations. Clearly if anyone with authority gave a damn something would've changed in the last FIVE YEARS!
Collectors like myself, Richard and Shelly care.

There was someone in authority who did care and the case was transferred to another state.

They didn't care and dropped the ball.

Tags
autograph legends, autographs, fake coa's, forgery