NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Default 2 ebay purchases a while back

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

Hi all,

Just got back my latest submission from SGC (N2 Indians, some T222s, an N184 or so, and 2 N162s) and had to share this story about the below ebay item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2717723727

I can't begin to express how happy I am with this card. I went into the feedback I had left for others on the site map, got the sellers email addy and sent them this email:

Hello snpwildchild,

A while back, you had a group of vintage tobacco cards listed on ebay (including some rare baseball cards and I think a Buffalo Bill if I remember correctly, really wish I would have bought this card too!!!!).

Anyway, before the auction was over, I had ask you many questions about the cards (measurements), their origin, wrinkling, stains, etc. as I could see they were not your area of expertise by the other things you were selling and have sold in the past. At the time, you had told me they came out of an old store that had been closed down for a while and were found in a shoe box if I remember correctly. You seemed so sincere, truthful and helpful (gave me the exact measurements like I had requested), had an exemplary feedback history, that I decided to take a chance on several of the cards.

Well.....unfortunately, I only won 2 - wish I would have bought them all. When I got the 2 I won, I emailed you immediately and told you I could not have been happier with them.

Now, I'm even happier and had to follow up with you. The 2 I won were ebay #s 2717724832 and 2717723727. Anyway...what I wanted to tell you...I sent them in to a professional grading service (all my cards are professionally graded)...got both back yesterday. Not sure if you are familiar with these services, but they were graded by SGC on a 1 - 100 point scale, both came back graded 84 (this is described as near mint by them). I've collected this particular set (the Goodwin Champions) for hmmmmm.....maybe 10 years. Before the 2 cards I bought from you (and I have 46 of the 50 in this set, and have upgraded whenever I've had the opportunity), the highest graded card I had was an 80 (and only 1). According to SGC's population report, these 2 cards were the best examples that they have EVER graded of these 2 cards, and for one to be one of the baseballers - Well...I'm still ear to ear grinning on this one.

Just wanted to take the time and thank you again, still smiling, best of luck to you in the future, Keith (vwtdi on ebay)

Now......who got that Buffalo Bill card? If I remember correctly, it was a board member, . I'm sure he / she is smiling just as broadly as me. Yep....still some finds to be had on ebay, , Keith

Old 07-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I bought a Kimball's High Grade cigarette pack from this seller in about March/April. From the scans, the pack looked nice - but when I got it - whoa! It was MINT - I'd be hard pressed to believe there is a nicer out there. It is a wonderful addition to my collection - and the seller was very nice when I questioned about tax stamp, slide condition, etc... Leon - I'm glad I outbid you on this one!

Old 07-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

You will see my name attacned to a number of the cards won from that listed. Wish I was the actual winner, but I was bidding from someone on the board here who didn't have access to a computer as the auction closed. This person also won the Buffalo Bill cards, but I'll leave it up to him to reveal himself.

These were some truely amazing cards and I wish I had themoney to bid on them. The Issac Murphy cards were the best examples I had ever seen and I would have been hot on the trail of those along with Cody and Oakley.

Jay

Old 07-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

You know I am the one who got the Cody and the Oakly. I sent you the raw scan of Buffalo Bill and then the card when it came back in a 6 holder.The Kimball Oakley I got from Chad74 I think it is off line-the guy who is CEO of Ryland Homes is still at PSA along with the other 30 cards I won from "Cap-Tin-Toy" I think is the handle. I also registered the set but for now only posted the needed three cards until the other's come back. The Kimballs were found in a kimball cigg box labeled 1887 and I bought th box from the owner as well. The amazing thing is that the company is in Rochester and so is the store where theese were found under the floorboards..As opposed to the Gramps owned attic. But my point is in this case the story makes sense and it fits. besides-" Cap-Tin-Toy" ( Bruce Delamore), has a bizzilion positive feedbacks and sells antiques and tons of high dollar items and is very reputable.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Keith,

Congratulations on the great acquisition! The N162 Pittsburgh Dunlap is a very tough card and probably worth a premium above the "Near Mint" price listed in the Standard Catalog...especially in an SGC 84 holder. Well done!

Old 07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2742212734&category=31718&rd=1