NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Tom Swift

Default 50 card psa holders sold on Ebay

Has anyone purchased a 50 card PSA holder that are offered for sale on Ebay? There are various seller but all of the displays appear the same.

I want to mount one on the wall of my bar area to display PSA/SGC cards.

Let me know if you have had good luck with a particular brand or seller.

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Brandon Raber

I'll warn you that most of the 50 card ones generically seen on ebay are intended for PSA but not SGC cases. A few SGC cards probably won't make an impact, but if you fill the whole case with SGC cards it will typically not hold as many and thus leave unsightly gaps. For SGC I highly recommend a more custom build or one that the supplier assures will fit SGC comfortably.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Ken McMillan

If you have mainly sgc cards and a few psa cards then they work well. Only an issue if you have all SGC cards.

Last edited by kmac32; 04-25-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

duplicate post

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 04-29-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

I have ones from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sportscard-b...item35d56637c4

when he started out, the cards were supposed to lean forward. the slot that the card edge sits in was closer to the wall. this was by design the guy said....because it made them "pop" and look cool.

Besides from being IMPOSSIBLE to fully load the thing. the problem with that, was that every time you opened the case they would fall on the floor. I called the guy up, told him he was an idiot and it was a retarded design. He said, that its not designed to take cards in and out of. I explained to him that I can't even get more than 2 rows fully loaded.

Since then I think the cards now lean backwards and he too my lock idea and used it.

I have 3, going on 5 of them. In general I like them but it took some effort to get the design corrected to the point where it was usable.

For mounting them, I took the front off. Then I used some heavy duty toggle bolts from Home Depot instead of using the mount stuff provided on the back.

I just held it up to the wall where I wanted it, leveled it off and drilled a hole in each corner while some held it in place, obviously leaving room for the head of the bolt. I then set the thing on the floor, put the receptacles in the wall and then mounted it up. Definitely a 2 person job to do it correctly, with ease.

kevin

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 04-26-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Tom Swift

Thanks for the help on the topic. Tom